PDA

View Full Version : Where would you rather sit?

batonrougesooner
8/29/2007, 12:02 AM
I have a little bit of a dilema concerning seating for this weeks game.

I have the option of sitting on the first row on the 30 yd line or in my regular seats half way up the new upper deck on the 10 yd line. Which would you prefer. I think I have the answer but I wanted some other opinions.

schlanker
8/29/2007, 10:32 AM
The problem with being so close is that the players can obstruct your view.

achiro
8/29/2007, 10:46 AM
I don't know but if you are selling the other set of tickets let me know.

Norman Sooner
8/29/2007, 11:01 AM
I would say the upperdeck seats..I sit in the south endzone so i dont really know what the view is from the seat. However, i have sat i the upperdeck at the cotton bowl 5-6 times and loved it up there with the exception of the long wait to get the hell out of dodge after we got beat..

KsSooner
8/29/2007, 11:40 AM
I sat on the 3rd row, 35 yard line, a couple of years ago. If you want the sounds of the game and the way the players/coaches interact on the sideline then this is where it is at.

I prefer any seat where i can see the whole field though. End zone seats are great for seeing the plays developing and formations, if you are up high enough.

IndianJack
8/29/2007, 11:42 AM
On Todd Dodge's face.

Ooooh. Hot and zesty.

ouradu
8/29/2007, 12:03 PM
I prefer to be up. I like X's and O's more than the sideline dramas.

kruss1971
8/29/2007, 02:19 PM
It's not every game that you get a chance to test drive other seats and enjoy different perspectives of the game experience. My advice is to take the 1st row/30yd line tickets.

My personal preference is to sit around 30-50 rows up and between the hashes...but, that's just me. Moving to the north endzone this year...looking forward to it.

On a side note, does anyone know which side of section 17 the seats start? In other words, do the seat numbers increase going to the east or to the west?

colleyvillesooner
8/29/2007, 02:28 PM
I think when looking at the field, the seats go from east to west 1-whatever.

TheUnnamedSooner
8/29/2007, 02:30 PM
um, row 1. I love being close. My seats are row 25 in the NW endzone and I love em.

rufnek05
8/29/2007, 02:38 PM
upper deck. never been up there.

TheUnnamedSooner
8/29/2007, 02:40 PM
upper deck. never been up there.

Make sure you take your oxygen tank :)

IronSooner
8/29/2007, 02:43 PM
Up high. I like being able to look at the formations and gauge distances and such.

I'm not much for being 'on the field', but OU/tx '01 was cool when Q took the pitch maybe 20ft away from me and scored.

Spanish Sooner
8/29/2007, 02:48 PM
I've sat 2nd row in the cotton bowl in 02 when Will Peoples fumbled and Q scooped and scored and that was right in front of me. My seats, well my grampa's seats are row 25 and 26 on the 35 and they are good, but the being up a few rows helps. But I would take 1st row on the 30 just to say, he I was on the first row at an OU game. But that is just me

Paperclip
8/29/2007, 02:50 PM
I think when looking at the field, the seats go from east to west 1-whatever.

East and West stay constant regardless of which way you're facing. :)

Sooner24
8/29/2007, 02:54 PM
It's not every game that you get a chance to test drive other seats and enjoy different perspectives of the game experience. My advice is to take the 1st row/30yd line tickets.

My personal preference is to sit around 30-50 rows up and between the hashes...but, that's just me. Moving to the north endzone this year...looking forward to it.

On a side note, does anyone know which side of section 17 the seats start? In other words, do the seat numbers increase going to the east or to the west?

I sat in section 17 row 63 seat 29 or 30 for years. Seat 30 in section 17 row 63 is the aisle seat between section 17 and 18. In other words the seats in section 17 number 1 thru whatever from west to east..

colleyvillesooner
8/29/2007, 02:59 PM
East and West stay constant regardless of which way you're facing. :)

Yeah, I kinda meant right to left. :O

Landthief 1972
8/29/2007, 03:09 PM
Seat 30 in section 17 row 63 is the aisle seat .

So you spend most of your game having some drunk or a 10-year-old kid grind past you every 3 minutes because they have no bladder control or need to cram their face with food nonstop for 3+ hours? ;)

humblesooner
8/29/2007, 03:16 PM

If you are standing on the field looking at the seats, seat 1 is on your left.
But, if you are standing in the stand looking at the field, seat 1 is on your right.
Funny how that works, huh? ;)

P.S. - Take the 1st row seats. I've been in the west side U/D and it is similar to watching on a 19" TV. I understand the east side U/D is even higher.

kruss1971
8/29/2007, 03:27 PM
Thanks for the location help...I had to stand up, spin around, and pull out my compass to figure it all out...but it's all clear now! :)

colleyvillesooner
8/29/2007, 04:04 PM
P.S. - Take the 1st row seats. I've been in the west side U/D and it is similar to watching on a 19" TV. I understand the east side U/D is even higher.

Except for the whole "being in the stadium and enjoying the game" thing. :D

I bet there's a ton of people that would love to sit on the last row of the East Upper deck than watch it on TV.

captain_surly
8/29/2007, 04:25 PM
Except for the whole "being in the stadium and enjoying the game" thing. :D

I bet there's a ton of people that would love to sit on the last row of the East Upper deck than watch it on TV.

I actually love my seats on the top row of the east upper deck. 40 yard line chairback seats for a $250 per donation can't be had anywhere else in the stadium and you can certainly see everything on the field. Plus I've never been asked or told to sit down.;)

It's a hike to get there and you are a long way from the field and the sun can be a pain but there is a reason they put the press box on top.