PDA

View Full Version : Is it a good idea to call out a Mod?

GottaHavePride
8/28/2007, 11:34 PM
???

oumartin
8/28/2007, 11:40 PM
Not on this board.

Soonerus
8/28/2007, 11:53 PM
I called nobody...that's it....

soonerboomer93
8/28/2007, 11:56 PM
eh, mods aren't nothing but glorified ban bots

it's the admins you gotta watch out for

:pop:

yermom
8/29/2007, 12:40 AM
i wish i had a mod brother ;)

StoopTroup
8/29/2007, 12:44 AM
It may not be a good idea....

But...It is fun to watch. :D

dolemitesooner
8/29/2007, 01:41 AM
I love how people keep coming back to the boards even tho they are disliked by everyone. Rus you are not funny, witty, or humorous in any fashion. You are a parasite. A parasite that feeds on the joy of other people who do not like him. I think you somehow get a kick out of being disliked and you have had this problem all of your life. For some odd reason your parents were not smart enough to see this at an early age. So I don't blame you. I guess that you are a product of some ****ed environment you were raised in.

Did you not get the point the lst time you were banned?

I thought you said that you were apologizing and that you realized that it was your fault. I guess people never change.

This shtick is getting really old, and you are really bothering people, but I guess you get a kick out of it and you will not stop.

I guess all we can do is hope you fall into the same inevitable Permaban that others like yourself (Outhunder, Stanley1 ) have received.

Best wishes in your Ultimate goal of Permabannage

Dolemitesooner

olevetonahill
8/29/2007, 02:48 AM
Doleo
Is that YOU ?:confused:

SoonerBorn68
8/29/2007, 06:38 AM
Of which mods do you speak? The old mods/admins who've done an admirable job of keeping the peace or the new annointed ones who like to delete threads and ban people because they are power hungry drunk?

Osce0la
8/29/2007, 07:00 AM
Doleo
Is that YOU ?:confused:
pretty much what I was thinking...:confused:

sanantoniosooner
8/29/2007, 07:23 AM
Pffffffffft

It's not even good to call out a guy who USED to be a mod, posting under a noob name that attacked you first.

crawfish
8/29/2007, 07:27 AM
All our mods suck.

Because they didn't make me one.

jk the sooner fan
8/29/2007, 07:48 AM
if a tree falls in a forest and nobody is there, does it really make a sound?

if you cant get their attention thru normal means, calling them out is certainly one way to get a response

;)

1stTimeCaller
8/29/2007, 07:57 AM
Pffffffffft

It's not even good to call out a guy who USED to be a mod, posting under a noob name that attacked you first.

that's what you get trying to buy your kid a guitar made out of cardborad and used dental floss.

;)

jk the sooner fan
8/29/2007, 07:58 AM
that's what you get trying to buy your kid a guitar made out of cardborad and used dental floss.

;)

yep, somebody had to tell him he was stupid...

only the mods can get away with name calling ;)

otherwise i would have done it :)

Viking Kitten
8/29/2007, 08:04 AM
Of which mods do you speak? The old mods/admins who've done an admirable job of keeping the peace or the new annointed ones who like to delete threads and ban people because they are power hungry drunk?

I'm sorry, but this is a very unfair thing to say. I know most of the new mods very well, and not a one of them behaves in the manner you are describing. In fact they take decisions like that so seriously that I think it's zapped a lot of the fun out the board for them. And then they have to deal with comments like yours and people who don't appreciate the work they do. Kinda sucks really.

SoonerBorn68
8/29/2007, 08:10 AM
My comments are only from observance with communication with others from the board. Yeah, a lot of the fun has gone for many of us.

SoonerBorn68
8/29/2007, 08:10 AM
Too many cooks spoil the broth...or something like that.

Viking Kitten
8/29/2007, 08:24 AM
Sorry, but that's bull. The reason the new mods were added was because people kept testing the existing mods to the point where things were starting to get out of hand. If certain people would just kindly refrain from acting like a**es, there would never have been a need for additional moderation.

jk the sooner fan
8/29/2007, 08:26 AM
more were definitely necessary, but the communication still sucks

thats my one complaint

Chuck Bao
8/29/2007, 08:26 AM
I voted yes.

When mods post, they should be considered regular posters with their mod hats off. So, they can be the subject of jokes and fun, like the rest of us.

It's fun for the mods It's fun for us.

The baneable offense of calling names, as GHP mentioned in the other thread, applies to all of us, all the time.

I would never publicly question a mods decision, when their mod hats are on and they're doing their job of keeping the board semi-civil. If I felt aggrieved, I'd PM.

With all that being said and the qualification of my vote, the mods do a great job and it is appreciated.

Have fun with it again, mods. But, don't dare think we're through having fun with you, either.

Hamhock
8/29/2007, 08:27 AM
i dare someone to call me out.

jk the sooner fan
8/29/2007, 08:28 AM
wow, for like the first time ever, i agree with chuck

OUinFLA
8/29/2007, 08:30 AM
Sorry, but that's bull. The reason the new mods were added was because people kept testing the existing mods to the point where things were starting to get out of hand. If certain people would just kindly refrain from acting like a**es, there would never have been a need for additional moderation.

olevet is sorry.
he told me so.

Soonerus
8/29/2007, 08:32 AM
I love how people keep coming back to the boards even tho they are disliked by everyone. Rus you are not funny, witty, or humorous in any fashion. You are a parasite. A parasite that feeds on the joy of other people who do not like him. I think you somehow get a kick out of being disliked and you have had this problem all of your life. For some odd reason your parents were not smart enough to see this at an early age. So I don't blame you. I guess that you are a product of some ****ed environment you were raised in.

Did you not get the point the lst time you were banned.

I thought you said that you were apologizing and that you realized that it was your fault. I guess people never change.

This shtick is getting really old, and you are really bothering people, but I guess you get a kick out of it and you will not stop.

I guess all we can do is hope you fall into the same inevitable Permaban that others like yourself (Outhunder, Stanley1 ) have received.

Best wishes in your Ultimate goal of Permabannage

Dolemitesooner

By the way, if I had posted personal attacks like this I would have gotten at least a three day ban...double standards exist ??? This is personal and wrong but considering the source, as usual it is just stupid...

MamaMia
8/29/2007, 08:38 AM
Any message board has to have mods no matter how great the people are. If you didn't have mods then strangers would take advantage of that and a lot of people love to be rude to Sooners just because their jealous of us. Its not easy being a mod. Its also very time consuming. I like all the mods, not because they're mods but because they're fun to converse with. Whoever picks them has done a good job, except for that one time. If you have been on the board for many many years, like I have, you get a bit more rope because they've gotten to know you pretty well and can tell when you are just in a bad mood or even having a bad week, as opposed to being a jerk. They are very patient. That right there is reason enough to respect them.

sooner_born_1960
8/29/2007, 08:46 AM
Collectively, the mods on this board gave me a kidney one time. God bless them.

OUinFLA
8/29/2007, 08:50 AM
Any message board has to have mods no matter how great the people are. If you didn't have mods then strangers would take advantage of that and a lot of people love to be rude to Sooners just because their jealous of us. Its not easy being a mod. Its also very time consuming. I like all the mods, not because they're mods but because they're fun to converse with. Whoever picks them has done a good job, except for that one time. If you have been on the board for many many years, like I have, you get a bit more rope because they've gotten to know you pretty well and can tell when you are just in a bad mood or even having a bad week, as opposed to being a jerk. They are very patient. That right there is reason enough to respect them.

except for jerk cause he's always..............well, in a sense, a jerk
:D

Sooner Born Sooner Bred
8/29/2007, 08:54 AM
I think a better tactic would be to talk to them privately, just like you would with any poster.

jk the sooner fan
8/29/2007, 08:57 AM
i'm shocked this thread hasnt been

1. locked
b. moved the sponsor forum
3. buhleted

sanantoniosooner
8/29/2007, 09:01 AM
If you have been on the board for many many years, like I have, you get a bit more rope because they've gotten to know you pretty well and can tell when you are just in a bad mood or even having a bad week, as opposed to being a jerk. They are very patient. That right there is reason enough to respect them.
not always the case.

Respect...........there's a topic.:O

sanantoniosooner
8/29/2007, 09:02 AM
I think a better tactic would be to talk to them privately, just like you would with any poster.
What if they refuse to communicate with you?

This is purely hypothetical as we all know this would never happen.

OUinFLA
8/29/2007, 09:03 AM
i'm shocked this thread hasnt been

1. locked
b. moved the sponsor forum
3. buhleted

well, there isn't much else going on today of interest.
perhaps after the stock market loses/gains 400 points, another cabinet official quits the white house, a texas player gets arrested......then it will probably happen.

jk the sooner fan
8/29/2007, 09:05 AM
well, there isn't much else going on today of interest.
perhaps after the stock market loses/gains 400 points, another cabinet official quits the white house, a texas player gets arrested......then it will probably happen.

heh, perhaps we could schedule a dallas lunch as well ;)

Mongo
8/29/2007, 09:10 AM
I love you guys

JohnnyMack
8/29/2007, 09:12 AM
I posted a very nice copycat thread about Freemason's in the football forum yesterday. It was at least B+ work. One of the mods deleted it. Screw 'em all I say.

1stTimeCaller
8/29/2007, 09:16 AM
I had a bowl of cereal at 4:15 this morning. Special K with red berries or something like that. Very good.

I'm now eating a ham sammich and some chips. The sammich sucks, it's ham that not really ham but turkey flavored up to taste like turkey. I need to pay more attention to the stuff I buy in stores.

JohnnyMack
8/29/2007, 09:17 AM
Know how I know you're gay?

OUinFLA
8/29/2007, 09:20 AM
why would turkey need to be flavored up to taste like turkey?

OUinFLA
8/29/2007, 09:21 AM
I had a bowl of cereal at 4:15 this morning. Special K with red berries or something like that. Very good.

I'm now eating a ham sammich and some chips. The sammich sucks, it's ham that not really ham but turkey flavored up to taste like turkey. I need to pay more attention to the stuff I buy in stores.

perhaps you should just admit you are having a turkey sammich and quit trying to suck up the the hams.

GottaHavePride
8/29/2007, 09:22 AM
For the record, since many of you can't see it now:

Several people were having slight grammatcial fun at Soonerus's expense. He chose to focus on one particular person and start a whole new thread insulting them. That thread was vanished, and I posted this one as a warning.

Anyone who has been around this board knows that I can take a joke better than most people. Recently, though, as VK has pointed out, a lot of people have started acting like turds to see just how far they can push the mods. At first I attempted to explain decisions to people that complained about them after the fact, but again, that only seems to increase the amount of bitching that goes on around here.

In short: this place is as much fun as you people make it. The mods are just cleaning up the mess afterwards.

C&CDean
8/29/2007, 10:15 AM
but the communication still sucks

thats my one complaint

Dude, look at who they're communicating with.

Being a mod on this board has it's ups and downs. The admins very much appreciate the thankless work the mods have been doing. Yes, sometimes a thread or a post gets deleted that you might think shouldn't, and yes, sometimes a thread or a post doesn't get deleted that you might think should, and yes, sometimes a poster does/doesn't get banned that you might think should/shouldn't, but overall, I think our mods are doing a bang-up job.

My suggestion to folks who don't like the way the mods are doing their job is to simply leave. This board is way bigger than any one person who posts on it.

To those who think the mods are "drunk with power" I simply say "go **** yourself." I'm not as nice as VK in this regard. The mods spend a lot of time thinking/discussing amongst ourselves before decisions are made. They are really trying to do what's best for the board. Then, after all the thought/discussion some dimwit comes along and says "y'all suck and are power-mad for making -blank- decision." Again, to those people I say "go **** yourself."

Frozen Sooner
8/29/2007, 11:33 AM
I'm totally drunk with power. I mean, forget the fact that I manage an enterprise with 40+ million in assets. The fact that I can make posts disappear on a message board gives me a huge one.

FaninAma
8/29/2007, 11:45 AM
And we all know the man is just trying to keep us down. Posters unite!

The other thread was locked by the Man before I could put my 2 cents in. :mad:

SicEmBaylor
8/29/2007, 11:46 AM
And we all know the man is just trying to keep us down. Posters unite!

The other thread was locked by the Man before I could put my 2 cents in. :mad:
Putting Lincoln to work for you I see. I like.

OKLA21FAN
8/29/2007, 11:49 AM
like Dad used to say

'my house, my rules......' (you know the rest)

rufnek05
8/29/2007, 11:49 AM
the man is always keepin the brotha's down.

SoonerBorn68
8/29/2007, 11:50 AM
...and take shots after they close the thread.

Osce0la
8/29/2007, 11:51 AM
IBTL

Czar Soonerov
8/29/2007, 11:54 AM
I'm totally drunk with power. I mean, forget the fact that I manage an enterprise with 40+ million in assets. The fact that I can make posts disappear on a message board gives me a huge one.

http://www.markdepot.com/celebrities/jeremy.jpg

Boarder
8/29/2007, 11:56 AM
True power drunkeness is posting in a closed thread.

KABOOKIE
8/29/2007, 12:10 PM
Because I think :dean: has been begging to open that door.

JohnnyMack
8/29/2007, 12:12 PM
He's used the "I have a wide stance" excuse with me on more than one occasion.

KABOOKIE
8/29/2007, 12:13 PM
Really? He handed me a buisness card once that identified him as a Moderator and said, "What do you think about that?"

rufnek05
8/29/2007, 12:17 PM
is this thread going to be 3 for 3 on the day?

FaninAma
8/29/2007, 12:32 PM
is this thread going to be 3 for 3 on the day?

Depends on wheher it's one of the thin-skinned moderators who gets to it first or one of the moderators like Dean who'd rather give it right back to the poster and not hide behind the ban button.

Of course the thin-skinned thing goes both ways. I'm sure the moderators get tired of dealing with thin-skinned posters who whine to them every time they get jacked with.

picasso
8/29/2007, 12:34 PM
hmmm, going both ways and wide stance.

out.

dolemitesooner
8/29/2007, 12:36 PM
Because I think :dean: has been begging to open that door.
Wow....your a moron:D

dolemitesooner
8/29/2007, 12:37 PM
I be in the thread before lock and ban

Hamhock
8/29/2007, 12:37 PM
we should create a national holiday.

dolemitesooner
8/29/2007, 12:41 PM
I agree. They should get all the sponser gifts we never got for putting up with morons like myself.

OKLA21FAN
8/29/2007, 12:41 PM
something needs to be done about their value.

SoonerStormchaser
8/29/2007, 12:45 PM
...and retarded posts like mine!

SoonerStormchaser
8/29/2007, 12:46 PM
I hear we can trade in Czar for both :dean: and :norm:

Any takers?