PDA

View Full Version : Early prediction...Sooners win...

Soonerus
8/28/2007, 10:00 PM
...the South easily this year....I see Texas losing a number of games...

sooner2b09
8/28/2007, 10:02 PM
I agree yet i do see a close game at TT this year, but i dont think it will have a factor on the southern standings. But the College Gameday Analysts did pick us to win so you never know ;)

goingoneight
8/28/2007, 10:03 PM
I don't see them losing a number of games, but a South title is certainly possible this year. Easier to imagine than it was this time last year. A lot of people are quick to think Texas is in for a major down year. It wouldn't shock me at all to see them 10-2 or 12-0. It would **** me off if they were 12-0, because that would mean another year of seeing all the "life-long Texas fans" everywhere I go. :rolleyes: You know... the same ones who couldn't name three Texas players outside of Colt McCoy, Vince Young and Jamaal Charles... yeah... those "fans."

The Maestro
8/28/2007, 10:09 PM
vs. TCU, at South Florida, vs. OU, at OSU and at aTM. Not easy with not much of a running game and holes in many key areas.

Hell, if Texas is unbeaten after the Big 12 title game I vow to pull for them in the national title game, regardless of opponent.

Soonerus
8/28/2007, 10:09 PM
I see Texas losing 2-3 conference games....

sanantoniosooner
8/28/2007, 10:20 PM
I see Texas losing 2-3 conference games....
name the losses you goober.

Soonerus
8/28/2007, 10:23 PM
of course they lost 2 last year goober, but I think they are vulnerable with about four teams...could lose 4...

sanantoniosooner
8/28/2007, 10:24 PM
Mack is vulnerable every time he puts the headset on.

But it usually doesn't happen.

Will
8/28/2007, 10:26 PM
OU def has a favorable schedule for an NC run while the most difficult of our games will be at home Miami, A&M, OSU

PDTsooner
8/28/2007, 10:27 PM
I see them loosing to OU, Nebraska, Texas A&M, and BAYLOR!!!!!

Soonerus
8/28/2007, 10:43 PM
Could also lose to OSU, Tech and others not a good year for the horns...

goingoneight
8/28/2007, 11:21 PM
I should have saved the OrangePower thread that predicited 'UO' to finish 6-6 losing to Miami, TU, UT, Missouri, TT and OSU (in double digits, in Norman). That was classic.

r5TPsooner
8/28/2007, 11:23 PM
I see the winner of the OU-UT game being the champ. UT gets everyone at home except A&M and that game may be a revenge game for UT.

If UT loses any games, it will be against OU, TCU, or a&m.

silverwheels
8/28/2007, 11:30 PM
Texas isn't going to be National Championship-caliber this season, but they'll certainly be good enough to win the South and the conference. They're the favorites right now. I think people are buying into the preseason hype for OSU and A&M too much.

r5TPsooner
8/28/2007, 11:32 PM
Texas isn't going to be National Championship-caliber this season, but they'll certainly be good enough to win the South and the conference. They're the favorites right now. I think people are buying into the preseason hype for OSU and A&M too much.

I agree. OU and UT are gonna be the champs regardless of what the other teams do in the North or south. If OU beats Miami and UT, then this could be a very special season.

I'm just glad that we get a&m and state at home. Especially for a newbie QB.

silverwheels
8/28/2007, 11:42 PM
I agree. OU and UT are gonna be the champs regardless of what the other teams do in the North or south. If OU beats Miami and UT, then this could be a very special season.

I'm just glad that we get a&m and state at home. Especially for a newbie QB.

I'm not really worried about A&M or OSU unless they both somehow got vastly improved defenses over the offseason.

thatmediadude
8/28/2007, 11:46 PM
Who's the idiot who said OU would get beat by Tulsa?

oumartin
8/29/2007, 12:36 AM
UT is gonna kill TCU, don't know why people think they could lose that one

goingoneight
8/29/2007, 01:09 AM
A lot of people are predicting a bad season for Texas for the same reason aggy fans think we'll go 6-6. They just want that. Doesn't mean they'll get it. Check it out: In 2005, had it not been for a miraculous improvement by Vince Young, OU STILL could have won the BIG 12. WITH AN 8-4 TEAM!!! I don't see anything that aTm, OSU, Missouri or Nebraska is going to do to change that. I say moral victories are for losers... prove it. OU and UT will continue to dominate until we add another coach or program who can challenge.