PDA

View Full Version : Luxury Suites

CatfishSooner
8/28/2007, 08:32 PM
Has anyone ever sat in the Luxury Suites at a game? If so can you tell me what it's like... Thanks!

StoopTroup
8/28/2007, 08:34 PM
I hear you can see Heaven from there.

Redshirt
8/28/2007, 08:35 PM
Air conditioned...

CatfishSooner
8/28/2007, 08:36 PM
Is there a bar?

Redshirt
8/28/2007, 08:44 PM
Bar, bar service, food, napkins, fluffy pillows.

stoopified
8/28/2007, 08:48 PM
Oe course you can see Heaven,isn't heaven Owen Field?

Will
8/28/2007, 08:50 PM
The luxury suites are for the faint at heart OU fans.... or if you have a lot of money

rufnek05
8/28/2007, 08:53 PM
plasma tvs everywhere. people carry food trays. more people inside talking than watching football. a distinct smell of Oscar de la Renta and aqua velva.

CatfishSooner
8/28/2007, 08:55 PM
The luxury suites are for the faint at heart OU fans.... or if you have a lot of money

Do I sense a bit of jealousy here Will? :rolleyes:

BudSooner
8/28/2007, 08:57 PM
a distinct smell of aqua velva.

:mad:

CatfishSooner
8/28/2007, 09:00 PM
O BTW I'm wondering b/c I get to sit up there for the North Texas game...Sooners!

rufnek05
8/28/2007, 09:12 PM
plasma tvs everywhere. people carry food trays. more people inside talking than watching football. a distinct smell of Oscar de la Renta, aqua velva, and old spice

fixed

snp
8/28/2007, 10:01 PM
There's 2 rows of about 4 seats each. Enough room for 15 people behind the seats. The seats are right next to the glass and there's glass walls in between each suite so you can see all the way down. I had a great view of Mrs. Stoops during the Red/White game. Man she's a babe.

TVs and accommodations depend on what the owner of the suite wants to put in. Beer is allowed.

sooneron
8/28/2007, 10:26 PM
I have passes for Boren's suite for the Misery game. I have heard there is no alcohol in his suite. I am bummed.

PDTsooner
8/28/2007, 10:30 PM
I'm a bit of an Old spice man myself.

setem
8/28/2007, 10:47 PM
Well I couldernt afford to sit up high like yalls do. So I we just sit around and spit in a jar! Then we give it to the Ruf/Nek Queen as a gift!

batonrougesooner
8/28/2007, 11:54 PM
I have passes for Boren's suite for the Misery game. I have heard there is no alcohol in his suite. I am bummed.

One word: flask

silverwheels
8/29/2007, 12:01 AM
Eh...they're not bad if the weather outside sucks, but if you really get into the game (read: you like to cheer and get loud and bask in the atmosphere), they're not for you.

MamaMia
8/29/2007, 08:19 AM
We had a couple of seats up there the first year it was built. We also had, and still have, 2 in the Kerr McGee Club. The Suites are divided into 18 people sections and are a little bit more expensive than the seats in the Kerr McGee Club. Depending on what game it is, most of the people mingle more than they actually watch the game. If anything exciting happens, a lot of them miss it but watch the rerun on the plasmas. You can bring in, or have brought in, your own booze and food before the game at a certain gate. The guy who we went in with kept the whole 18 OU/Texas tickets that year, so for that reason, and because we like to be able to be outside, we opted out the following year and got a couple of seats on the 42, and kept our Kerr McGee Club seats.

I like the Kerr McGee Club better because you can go outside. The only draw back is that they don't have any chairs for folks to sit up against the glass. You literally have to drag them from the tables, so a lot of people end up having to stand up at the bistro tables to eat. They need to get some bar stools for people to sit at the glass. I don't know why they haven't done that since everyone I know who sits up there has put that suggestion into the suggestion box for 4 years straight.

Hamhock
8/29/2007, 08:20 AM
There's 2 rows of about 4 seats each. Enough room for 15 people behind the seats. The seats are right next to the glass and there's glass walls in between each suite so you can see all the way down. I had a great view of Mrs. Stoops during the Red/White game. Man she's a babe.

TVs and accommodations depend on what the owner of the suite wants to put in. Beer is allowed.

on the east side it is 3 rows of 6. last row is bar stools. each suite gets 18 game tickets, plus a couple of passes that allows someone to come up at the start of the 4th quarter.

owners cannot bring in TVs. there are two in each suite. owners can bring in playstation, etc for the back tv.

a meal is provided before the game. it is usually pretty good. snacks/beverages can be delivered to the suite a la carte. they are very expensive.

i prefer good to mediocre outside tickets if the weather is decent or if it is a big game.

snp
8/29/2007, 09:47 AM
Shows what I know. I was only there for the Red/White game when they were using the suites as temporary coach's offices.

I didn't enjoy it all that much.

bosworthsteroidmafia
8/29/2007, 10:05 AM
I watched the fiesta bowl from a box and it sucked. Yeah, they have good food, plasmas, a bar and private bathroom, but the energy is non-existant. I felt like I had to contain myself for fear of offending somebody. I would much rather be in regular seats with regular fans spilling their regular beer on me.

NormanPride
8/29/2007, 10:10 AM
I sat with SoonerBoarder for the Tech game last year. I can't remember which club level it was, but they had their own classy concessions inside, while the seats were outside. It was pretty damn cool, aside from sitting with Boarder. ;)

birddog
8/29/2007, 10:14 AM
Eh...they're not bad if the weather outside sucks, but if you really get into the game (read: you like to cheer and get loud and bask in the atmosphere), they're not for you.

i'll take the environment in the stadium (high-fiving guys you don't know, taunting the away fans) over the sterile environment behind glass.

rufnek05
8/29/2007, 11:04 AM
i'll take the environment in the stadium (high-fiving guys you don't know, taunting the away fans) over the sterile environment behind glass.

i've only been in the stand for the TCU game 2 years ago and the fiesta bowl. and i would have to agree, the stands are a much more fun place to watch a game. besides the field where you get to tell a pledge "that was your fault" when we throw and int, or something else goes sour.

birddog
8/29/2007, 11:19 AM
we just blame the coaches.;)

def_lazer_fc
8/29/2007, 11:31 AM
i went to a couple games in those suites with a friend of mine. his work owned a couple of suites up there. well, they did. until some dumbass got busted smoking pot in the bathroom. needless to say that guy was fired. but yeah, the consensus is right. they suck. i'll take the crowded stands any day of the week. suites are for uppity old farts who are allergic to fun.

ultimatesooner1
8/29/2007, 12:38 PM
i went to a couple games in those suites with a friend of mine. his work owned a couple of suites up there. well, they did. until some dumbass got busted smoking pot in the bathroom. needless to say that guy was fired. but yeah, the consensus is right. they suck. i'll take the crowded stands any day of the week. suites are for uppity old farts who are allergic to fun.

heh, I heard about that guy. I worked with him @ the place where he worked before he got fired from the other place for smoking pot in the bathroom

rufnek05
8/29/2007, 01:02 PM
some dumbass got busted smoking pot in the bathroom.

it wasn't in the dorms was it?