PDA

View Full Version : Car question

oklaclarinet
8/28/2007, 04:54 PM
I have a question about a problem with my car, and I was wondering if anyone had any guesses as to what the cause of the problem might be.

My car has been known to vibrate quite a bit when in idle, but that had never been a problem. Then a couple of weeks ago my service engine light came on. From that point on, at times my car would idle really rough and feel like it was about to stall. Several times over the past week and a half my car has actually stalled. Last week I had the oil filter changed, as that was something several people suggested. That helped the idling, but not the stalling.

Now here is the deal with the stalling: Everytime I've stalled, it has been at the same place. That spot would be at the bottom of the hill I have to start down whenever I leave my place. It seems that the car is more likely to stall after just starting up than after driving for a long time, as after long drives I have to idle for a while before the car feels like it is going to stall.

So, does anyone have a guess as to what is wrong?

rufnek05
8/28/2007, 04:57 PM
how many miles does your car have?

mdklatt
8/28/2007, 04:59 PM
So, does anyone have a guess as to what is wrong?

Have you had somebody pull the diagnostics off the computer? If the check engine light is on there should be something there. I think places like Auto Zone will do that without charging an arm and a leg.

sooner n houston
8/28/2007, 04:59 PM
What kind of car?

oumartin
8/28/2007, 05:01 PM
cat in the fan?

yermom
8/28/2007, 05:02 PM
Have you had somebody pull the diagnostics off the computer? If the check engine light is on there should be something there. I think places like Auto Zone will do that without charging an arm and a leg.

i could be wrong but i thought i remember a sign saying it was free at Auto Zone

olevetonahill
8/28/2007, 05:03 PM
Im at My shop Now . Bring it by Ill check it fer ya . Just bring a few natties ;)

olevetonahill
8/28/2007, 05:04 PM
i could be wrong but i thought i remember a sign saying it was free at Auto Zone
Ya get what ya pay for . Most of em dont know how to hook it up and if they do get there they dont know what the hell is wrong .

olevetonahill
8/28/2007, 05:27 PM
Cool Clarinet dude is gonna come by fer a free diagnosis :cool:

yermom
8/28/2007, 05:28 PM
well, i'd certainly go to Olevet's shop if it was closer :D

olevetonahill
8/28/2007, 05:30 PM
well, i'd certainly go to Olevet's shop if it was closer :D
Dude its close enough when It costs ya nothing but a few beers .
I run this to give me sompun to do . Not make money . But I do try to make a lil every now and then .
Like when a :texan: is driving threw and Breaks down :cool:

olevetonahill
8/28/2007, 05:37 PM
Well shat
MY kid just called me , His A/C quit . He wants me to check it out .
Im gonna make the big bastage do all the work :D :D