PDA

View Full Version : I may have to buy some VHS tapes and blow the dust off the VCRs on Sat. PM

aurorasooner
8/28/2007, 03:46 PM
Going to DVR the OU/N.Texas game while watching it, and probably have the pokes vs Georgia on one of the smaller monitors. Lots of football on opening Weekend. Early Sat. CU vs CSU Mid-afternoon GT (T.Choice) vs N.Dame and Missouri vs Illinois (Nebraska vs Nevada which shouldn't be much of a game) Evening games N.Texas vs OU, Tennessee vs UCal, K-State vs Auburn, Stool State vs Georgia, Arizona vs BYU (on Versus-??) I'm a little surprised that CBS didn't grab either the Georgia/OSU or Auburn/K-state games.
btw, saw on ESPN where a celebration penalty after a TD gets you a 15 yarder on the ensuing KO. (I thought it was 15 on the EP). That means you KO from the 15 yard line. :eek: College Refs need to just let this one go on a late score in a close game. also, I saw where Mike Stoops spent some bucks and picked up Darryl Wyatt as his WR coach (I thought he was in the pros) He's got Sonny Dykes from Tech as his OC who also brought Tech's OL coach with him, and Dana Dimel as his TE's coach. I would think these guys could/will put spark in the Arizona passing game with Tuiaso--whatever at QB. That UA/BYU game may be worth recording.

IronSooner
8/28/2007, 03:51 PM
I thought they made that rule change a year or two ago.

I looked over the schedule earlier today...looks like a good time to hang out and just watch football. Man I can't wait.

aurorasooner
8/28/2007, 04:08 PM
also read where Bomar opens up at QB for SHS against some dink Texas team on Thursday night. I'm really surprised that Fox didn't pick this one up to compete with ESPN's games Tulsa vs Louisiana Monroe and LSU vs Miss. state. They probably could've televised this one for peanuts. I would really like to see MSU make a game out of the LSU game to open up the season. The Broncos also play the Cardinals on Thursday Night, but WGaS. Pro-football pre-season games suck.

AllAboutThe'O'
8/28/2007, 05:00 PM
Going to DVR the OU/N.Texas game while watching it, and probably have the pokes vs Georgia on one of the smaller monitors. Lots of football on opening Weekend. Early Sat. CU vs CSU Mid-afternoon GT (T.Choice) vs N.Dame and Missouri vs Illinois (Nebraska vs Nevada which shouldn't be much of a game) Evening games N.Texas vs OU, Tennessee vs UCal, K-State vs Auburn, Stool State vs Georgia, Arizona vs BYU (on Versus-??) I'm a little surprised that CBS didn't grab either the Georgia/OSU or Auburn/K-state games.

CBS doesn't show SEC games for the first couple of weeks of the season because they air the U.S. Open tennis tournament at that time.

I'm a college football junkie and I'm going to devise a new recording system this year: I'm not going to tape any live ABC or ESPN games not involving OU because if there's a good game, they'll show the replay on one of the ESPN family of networks. I'm just going to stick with taping Notre Dame NBC games, SEC games on CBS or JP (forget Lincoln Financial; I still call it JP) and the games on FSN or Versus. I'm going to tape Ga. Tech-ND and Arizona-BYU in addition to OU-UNT.

Also, my advice to you is to upgrade to a DVD recorder. You'll be glad you did.:cool:

AllAboutThe'O'
8/28/2007, 05:03 PM
also, I saw where Mike Stoops spent some bucks and picked up Darryl Wyatt as his WR coach (I thought he was in the pros) He's got Sonny Dykes from Tech as his OC who also brought Tech's OL coach with him, and Dana Dimel as his TE's coach. I would think these guys could/will put spark in the Arizona passing game with Tuiaso--whatever at QB. That UA/BYU game may be worth recording.

Hopefully, this is the season the Wildcats have their breakthrough; I've been saying it for the last two years as well, however. It will happen if their OL protects Tuitama and he doesn't get treated like a punching bag again.

aurorasooner
8/29/2007, 02:30 AM
Also, my advice to you is to upgrade to a DVD recorder. You'll be glad you did Probably should. I've been wondering if I should acutally plug up my video capture card and if that software, DVDdecrypter, DVDshrink, RipItForMe, Roxio9 suite, PGCedit, VOBblanker, IFOedit, MenuShrink, VOBedit, and ImgBurn would acutally work better with a DVD burner than my top-of-the-line CD burner. It's probably about time to move on from VCDs anyway. :D
Also I haven't used Roxio in about 3 years (their older DVD software was really crap). I just picked up a copy of Roxio 9 suite at BB (They blew the doors off the price this week). I was just about to order DVD Remake pro, but I thought I would give Roxio another try since it's around the same price as DVDRemake pro and about the same price you can pick it up for on ebay. Before I tear the shrink off Roxio 9 suite, has anyone had any experience with it on DVD editing (I don't care about it's audio transcoding/burning, (I'm happy with EAC and the freeware audio transcoding sw). I guess I can turn it on ebay if it's as bad as their previous software.