PDA

View Full Version : I come from a long line of losers

JohnnyMack
8/28/2007, 12:53 PM
Had lunch with my Dad today. We started talking about genealogy and he said that he found some information that leads him to believe our ancestors were Tories. Combine that with our later descendants who wore gray during the Civil War (War of Northern Aggression) and we're 0 for 2. Bummer.

Condescending Sooner
8/28/2007, 12:54 PM
Too easy.

crawfish
8/28/2007, 01:02 PM
Tell us something we didn't know. ;)

yermom
8/28/2007, 01:17 PM
good to see you are furthering the genes of your people ;)

JohnnyMack
8/28/2007, 01:28 PM
good to see you are furthering the genes of your people ;)

Well the bar is pretty low, so I don't have to work that hard at it.

Rogue
8/28/2007, 02:59 PM
This reminds me. I need to hit up some of my mormon relatives about their genealogy findings. One is a former Idaho (state legislature not the ghey kind, NTTAWWT) senator who is a mormon and had a whiz-bang computer program showing all the long lost cousins how we were related at a reunion several years ago. I think they do it (genealogy) to have a ceremonial mormon baptism for the folk who they think need it or sumpin'. Sorta presumptious if you ask me. ;)

royalfan5
8/28/2007, 03:00 PM
All I know is Germany hasn't won a war since my family left. I don't think it's a coincidence.

Rogue
8/28/2007, 03:02 PM
All I know is Germany hasn't won a war since my family left. I don't think it's a coincidence.
That's almost sig-worthy right there!:texan:

SicEmBaylor
8/28/2007, 03:04 PM
Had lunch with my Dad today. We started talking about genealogy and he said that he found some information that leads him to believe our ancestors were Tories. Combine that with our later descendants who wore gray during the Civil War (War of Northern Aggression) and we're 0 for 2. Bummer.

That's 1-1 in my book, or 2-0 in the book of some friends of mine....

SoonerStormchaser
8/28/2007, 03:16 PM
You're not French, are you?

skycat
8/28/2007, 05:10 PM
You're not French, are you?

Being from Baylor he's familar with the "moral victory" concept.

Chuck Bao
8/28/2007, 05:41 PM
Being from Baylor he's familar with the "moral victory" concept.

NOOOO! We need no moral victory. Baylor will compete. There is too much talent in Texas and Baylor will offer the chance to start in a premier conference. Baylor will just get better.

My grandfather's family moved to Oklahoma from Collin County Texas in 1911 on a wagon. My family has had the same farm since. They still subscribed to their hometown German newspapers, despite subsequent events I still don't think that makes them losers.

SicEmBaylor
8/28/2007, 06:18 PM
Well I know my family aren't losers. My 4th great grandfather fought in the revolution. My 2nd great fought for the state of Alabama in the war of northern aggression along with his 4 other brothers. My great granddad was a doughboy in ww1 in France and my grandfather was in the first cav in ww2 from new guinnea to the phillipines. My great uncle was a medic in Korea and my uncle was a marine. More recently I have two cousins who have been or going to Iraq. One in the marine corps and the other a captain in the 3rd ID. Those are just the family who actually fought.

SicEmBaylor
8/28/2007, 06:20 PM
Oh I also have my great uncle killed in Normandy on July 4th. I love my military family.