PDA

View Full Version : Bradford must pass

Soonermagik
8/28/2007, 10:15 AM
I keep seeing everyone say we need to hand the ball off to beat N. Texas. I think this would be a huge mistake. We will not be able to run the ball down Miami's throat like N. Texas.

Bradford needs to pass a lot against N. Texas to build his and the teams confidence against Miami. Even short passes to the TE, short slants, maybe a shovel pass, bootleg him etc.. I know Stoops checks this board regularly so hopefully he will understand my reasoning. ;)

OUmillenium
8/28/2007, 10:18 AM
Prepare for a runfest Saturday.

We have been ultra-conservative the last few years on offense and I do not see evidence that that will change (unfortunately).

TMcGee86
8/28/2007, 10:29 AM
I agree it would be nice to see us throw a lot early against weaker teams like this so that we could maybe build up some confidence/timing with the new QB and his WR's.

If we would run that play action bomb and it would connect this time that would be totally sweet.

The Maestro
8/28/2007, 11:04 AM
Come out gunning and show the world that we are not playing like the Ravens with Trent Dilfer at QB and other teams that are great with average QB's. Sam won this job and has been taylor made for this position all of his life. We don't have to "play conservative". Break him in and let him go. Just like the horns did with Colt last year. If he is in there, let him be a quarterback...not the "game manager".

Soonermagik
8/28/2007, 11:31 AM
Yeah, I agree fellas. Plus, Patrick is listed as doubtful to start. So, we are going to start a freshmen QB & RB this should be one exciting game.

mxATVracer10
8/28/2007, 01:15 PM
we are going to start a freshmen QB & RB this should be one exciting game.

I thought about this earlier... WE'RE DOOOOOOMED!!!!!! :eek:

;)

Kray
8/28/2007, 01:26 PM
Well, you really don't want to show Miami much, so you don't open the playbook any further than you must, is one way to look at it. The balance will be getting reps in on a variety of plays while still being conservative enough not to expose very much about how the offense will look. I think we run it to win, pass it for practice, and pretty much have a toned down version of our sets. Enough to grind the Mean Green into a fine sheen without being too vanilla or too conservative. Guys need to run routes and throw passes in game circumstances but we probably won't see a passing barrage.

stoopified
8/28/2007, 01:36 PM
I keep seeing everyone say we need to hand the ball off to beat N. Texas. I think this would be a huge mistake. We will not be able to run the ball down Miami's throat like N. Texas.

Bradford needs to pass a lot against N. Texas to build his and the teams confidence against Miami. Even short passes to the TE, short slants, maybe a shovel pass, bootleg him etc.. I know Stoops checks this board regularly so hopefully he will understand my reasoning. ;)
I agree.With the suspension of Brown and the injury to AP,I do thinkwe will see more passes then we othrwise would see in a first game of the season and new QB.I'm thinking we might see about 20 pass plays.

Fraggle145
8/28/2007, 01:40 PM
All Bradford has to do is show up.