PDA

View Full Version : Anyone been to Pops?

Sooner24
8/27/2007, 10:36 PM
Wife and I drove up today. Not as big as I thought it would be. They had all different kinds of soda and a small dining area. Didn't eat there because we were there between the 3:00 and 4:00 no serving time. I would like to go back sometime and see the bottle and straw lit up.

http://www.pops66.com/

rufnek05
8/27/2007, 10:38 PM
i've never heard of it. has it been there long?

olevetonahill
8/27/2007, 10:41 PM
I also Nevar heard of it !
But you couldn't chill fer an hr ?

OUAndy1807
8/27/2007, 10:43 PM
I drove by when they were about a month from opening. It's definitely a neat design and that sign looks awesome.

SoonerStud615
8/27/2007, 10:44 PM
I went, no dining either. The bottle is pretty cool all lit up. I have to ask what pop did you get?

I got some old family orange cream soda, and the lady friend got "Fukola Kola" tagline reads, "Anytime, any place with any one."

Sooner Born Sooner Bred
8/27/2007, 10:45 PM
I went there the weekend after it opened. I didn't eat because there was a 2 hour wait. The food looked really good though. I ended up buying a Mexican Coke.

Sooner24
8/27/2007, 10:52 PM
Just a Stewarts Cream Soda for me and some kind of grape drink for my wife.

Sooner24
8/27/2007, 10:53 PM
I drove by when they were about a month from opening. It's definitely a neat design and that sign looks awesome.

They are still in the process of trying to get stuff fixed up.

Sooner24
8/27/2007, 10:56 PM
I went there the weekend after it opened. I didn't eat because there was a 2 hour wait. The food looked really good though. I ended up buying a Mexican Coke.

We got there right at three and some people were eating. The burgers looked and smelled fantastic.

soonersweetie
8/27/2007, 11:57 PM
where exactly is it?

OU Adonis
8/28/2007, 12:54 AM
Its owned by aubrey mclendon

Jimminy Crimson
8/28/2007, 05:19 AM
I've been about 7 or 8 times.

Eaten breakfast, lunch, and dinner. Biscuits & gravy were delish. As are the waffles. Burgers are pretty amazing. 1/2 pounder Oklahoma burgers. They get their meat from NoName Ranch in Wynnewood, so if you've eaten any meat at Irma's, Coach House, or Metro, you know its good stuff. Their Chicken Fried Steak is good, too. Not smashed to all oblivion, either. You get your money's worth. Milkshakes & malts aren't bad, either.

They've got space for 400 different varieties of pop in the cooler, it just depends on how much they sell/when they get their shipments on the choices of pop in stock. It's still busy as crap, but it's died down a bit from the opening week when they couldn't keep anything on the shelves. You should have a decent variety to choose from.

I usually mix & match a 4 pack whenever I go just to try out different stuff. They carry a few of my favorites, including Quench (think Fresca, but better), Abita Root Beer (out of Louisiana), and Henry Weinhard's Cream Soda. Can't go wrong with a messican Coke, either. Tastes just like Coke used to taste before the HFCS poop.

It's located on Hwy 66 on the east edge of Arcadia. (If you're coming in off of I-35, take the 2nd St exit about 5 or 6 miles east of 35) You can't miss the 66' bottle outside.

Kudos to Aubrey on creating a new attraction on the 'mother road'. Also, nice job by Rand Elliot on the design.

Sooner Born Sooner Bred
8/28/2007, 06:53 AM
Check out the round barn while you are there. It's just up the road.

dolemitesooner
8/28/2007, 08:00 AM
sOUNDS LIKE A TRIP FOR oLD DOLEO AND YERMOM

frankensooner
8/28/2007, 10:15 AM
Thanks for the tip, I had no idear...I just called the wife and we are going to check it out some day on a late lunch, before the break.

IB4OU2
8/28/2007, 12:26 PM
Wife and I drove up today. Not as big as I thought it would be. They had all different kinds of soda and a small dining area. Didn't eat there because we were there between the 3:00 and 4:00 no serving time. I would like to go back sometime and see the bottle and straw lit up.

http://www.pops66.com/

Same here, the wife and I stopped by after 3:00 and the dining area was closed..:(..We were starving so we drove on to Edmond, we'll have to try it again sometime.

SteelClip49
8/28/2007, 03:12 PM
the food is great and the varieties of soda are off the chain. Their dessert cupcakes are very good but pricy for their size. I have been involved with a few stories out there with the UCO news team prior to the grand opening and it looked like it was going to be a big success and well, it is. My dad and I went on Saturday after the PGA that day and the place was packed; most of the soda was gone.