PDA

View Full Version : Come Meet Uwe von Schamann Saturday!

Jay C. Upchurch
8/27/2007, 10:13 PM
Sooner Spectator and The Apothem will co-host an autograph session with former OU standout kicker Uwe von Schamann on Saturday, as we celebrate the 30th anniversary of "The Kick."

Uwe (pronounced OOO-VAH) will be on hand at our tent on Campus Corner from 2:45 to 5 p.m.

Fans who sign up for a Sooner Spectator subscritpion will receive a free personalized autograph copy of the August issue, which includes a great story on "The Kick" and how it changed his life. As a game day only special, we will be offering Spectator subscriptions and/or renewals for only $29.95 - that's $15 off the regular subscription price and $30 off the regular newsstand cost (1-year limit).

We will also be selling Uwe 30th anniversary posters for $10

And Uwe will have 8 x 10s of "The Kick" photos for $10

Fans can also get a free autograph on an item purchased at The Apothem

Basic autographs will be $10

We hope to see all of you great Sooner fans out there prior to the season opener against North Texas. It should be great fun. Uwe is a great guy and he's always happy to meet folks from the great Sooner Nation!

sooner n houston
8/28/2007, 06:48 AM
That sounds totaly sweet, wish I could be there!

zeke
8/28/2007, 09:06 AM
One of my favorite Sooners!

Balls of steel

jk the sooner fan
8/28/2007, 09:08 AM
get home sooner rather than later jk2 - thats an auto to get on the helmet!

colleyvillesooner
8/28/2007, 09:09 AM
Have him sign it "Skeletor" ;)

I'm gonna try and swing by and get a pic.

Jay C. Upchurch
8/28/2007, 10:14 AM
This will be the first of several autograph guests we host during the upcoming season....

Stay tuned for more info!

ouwapiti
8/28/2007, 01:36 PM
when he led the ohio state crowd in 'block that kick' it was hilarious....., especially since he absolutely nailed the winning kick.....that HAS to be the greatest kick in cfb history !!!!......i witnessed it in tgifridays in dallas, texas.....the texans in there that day didnt appreciate my exuberance after the kick !!!!hahahah

Schoonerbeer
8/28/2007, 02:22 PM
Maybe Uve will ask for a free beer! That is what he does at all the tailgates on Lindsay Street. He probably needs the $10 so he can buy his own.

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!BOOMER SOONER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dan Thompson
8/28/2007, 05:25 PM
go here http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Uwe_von_Schamann and look at the bottom for the video clip of the 'kick'.

The play starts with 0:06 seconds left in the game with Ohio St ahead 28 to 26.

snp
8/29/2007, 10:40 AM
http://www.jimsoklahomasportspage.com/videos/thekick.mpg

Cut out the middle man.

freshchris05
8/29/2007, 06:04 PM
you think hell sign my shoe?

Jay C. Upchurch
8/31/2007, 06:10 PM
Thanks to everyone who came by the Sooner Spectator tent before the game Saturday... Uwe had a great time with all the fans, we got lots of compliments on our new Spectator H-3... and fun was had by all...

Plus, what a great start to the season!

Jay C. Upchurch
9/2/2007, 11:11 AM
Thanks to everyone who came by the Sooner Spectator tent before the game Saturday... Uwe had a great time with all the fans, we got lots of compliments on our new Spectator H-3... and fun was had by all...

Plus, what a great start to the season!

StoopTroup
9/2/2007, 03:06 PM
Sorry we missed you Jay.

We had car trouble.

Glad things went well.

Boomer Sooner ! ! !