PDA

View Full Version : How would you attack North Texas?

SoonerFah
8/27/2007, 05:44 PM
I'm curious what your gameplans would be if you were the OC. Feel free to be as creative as you would like.

I would start off with a heavy dose of Allen Patrick, and Demarco Murray. I realize we have some really good receivers, but I want to send a message right from the start. I'd put 2 tight ends in the game, and try and run it down their throats. This will take the pressure off of Bradford, and allow our O-Line to establish their will right from the start. When they start to load the box to stop the run... I'd send Joe John, and Gresham right up the seems on a play action pass.

What about you?

jk the sooner fan
8/27/2007, 05:45 PM
run run run till they stop you

oumartin
8/27/2007, 05:47 PM
Score more points!

fossil
8/27/2007, 05:53 PM
Sounds like a good plan. Run until they prove they can stop it, then call in the Air Force.

Fraggle145
8/27/2007, 06:02 PM
Show up.

Dio
8/27/2007, 06:04 PM
Show up.

Bingo

devOUt
8/27/2007, 06:21 PM
Lot's of runs and some short passes to build Bradford's confidence. I would reveal nothing to Miami.

setem
8/27/2007, 06:41 PM
I think we could run the Three Headed Monster formation all day on them and they would never be able to stop it.

For those who do not know what I am saying. We used a three TE formation last year that worked quite well for us last year. Jermain and JJF are huge targets out of that set. We can run so many things out of it. We could use JJF's former QB status in a TE pass play. We could run a wicked flea flicker out of it if we wanted too! The RB's gained gobs of yards out of it last year!

I would put money down that we could be UNT with one formation.

Scott D
8/27/2007, 06:42 PM
with a machete in each hand....maybe some blood on an apron to strike fear in their hearts.

possumfat
8/27/2007, 07:05 PM
I would start out with the statue of liberty play, then a QB sneak, keep repeating that until they stop it ;)

soonersam
8/27/2007, 07:14 PM
How would I attack N Texas?????

Butter knifes and french made rifles.......

TripleOption14
8/27/2007, 07:19 PM
TRIPLEOPTION!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! With murray,AP, and gutes!!!

TripleOption14
8/27/2007, 07:24 PM
If no tripleoption then i guess just a vanilla attack with lots of running would do too. Its not gonna take much boys lets not over think this. By the end of the 3rd quarter those boys up front should be making holes big enough for sam adams to run through!!!

Petro-Sooner
8/27/2007, 07:26 PM
I would use a combination of run and pass. Its bound to work. :rolleyes: :D

AlbqSooner
8/27/2007, 07:34 PM
Throw the bomb on the first play from scrimmage. Then run, run, run. Mix in enough passing to get Bradford some confidence but mainly try to get 3 backs over 100 rushing.

SoonerStormchaser
8/27/2007, 07:41 PM
A few well placed JDAMS will work wonders on them...

rufnek05
8/27/2007, 07:45 PM
with a crow bar and a baseball bat

sooner2b09
8/27/2007, 08:09 PM
Hand the ball off to Loadholt and let him run over everyone ;)

CatfishSooner
8/27/2007, 08:10 PM
I would start out with the statue of liberty play, then a QB sneak, keep repeating that until they stop it ;)

I agree that we should just do QB sneak w/ Bradford, but statue of liberty is too risky!...

SelmaBamaFan
8/27/2007, 08:14 PM
First I would use strategic missile launches to take out their com units. After that I would send in jets and heli's to take out their heavy artillery and armored units. Then in comes the ground troops!!

Awww hell, on second thought I'd just kick their asses and chew bubble gum.

illinisooner
8/27/2007, 08:24 PM
Run it up the middle!!!

sooneron
8/27/2007, 08:28 PM
Run the picket fence.

JohnnyMack
8/27/2007, 08:33 PM
Hand it to Chris Brown over and over.

What?

BornandBred
8/27/2007, 08:34 PM
I really like the idea of opening up the playbook a bit in this game. I realize we risk tipping a few plays/formations to UM but I would like to test the new QB and let him build some good confidence. I'd start with a long bomb to MK, kinda like the start of the '05 season, only a completion this time. If that works, our TEs will be open all day underneath, and that would fit into my master plan of working the TEs into the offense a little more. And hey, if all else fails, we'll just revert back to the strength of our O, the running backs and OL.

As a side note, I was watching some highlights from last year, and I saw one of our backs spin out of a tackle then bust a long run. I was like, man I'll miss AD... thats when I noticed it was number 29! I almost forget about Chris Brown at times with all the AP and DM love. My GAWD are we deep at RB.

goingoneight
8/27/2007, 09:21 PM
Sounds like a good plan. Run until they prove they can stop it, then call in the Air Force.

What if you're playing Air Force? Are you farked, then? :confused:

goingoneight
8/27/2007, 09:26 PM
No one mentioned ripping off a certain "part."

IndianJack
8/27/2007, 09:32 PM
Everything goes through the Wookies. ;)

Jacie
8/27/2007, 09:34 PM
With Bradford at QB, handoff, pitch, and short pass to AP out of the back field till either we score a touchdown or cross midfield. If it's 1st down in UNT territory, air it out to Kelly. From the next possession till the half rotate the RB's but keep throwing to MK. We need to see him at full speed in game conditions.

Second half, let Bradford run the first possession then pull him for the remainder of the game for Halze or Nichol. Do the same with AP and MK. Keep mixing the play calling regardless of the score. Give every RB and WR a look. No trick plays, reverses, end arounds, passes back to the QB or anything like that, just running at em and throwing over em. If facing 4th down in field goal range, attempt the FG, no going for it. If the score gets outa hand, that's their problem. By 4th quarter the entire first team offense should be on the sideline.

goingoneight
8/28/2007, 12:42 AM
[world's greatest offense] On the first play, we run a triple-option halfback pass, lateral to one of our three 2007 heismans. If he doesn't take it to the house, surely he'll pitch it to the downfield lineman. Next, we let the other team score real fast so we can do an end-around, reverse-option and have the tight end throw it to the quarterback. From there, the quarterback turns around and we throw it to the second 2007 Heisman winner and he takes it down to the one, where we let the fullback... uh... throw a pass to the running back who takes it in.
Once we're up 14-7, we let them score real fast again so as to get the ball back. We run a fake triple option, bootleg around the right side and the quarterback picks up a block from the referee... he throws a long pass to the tight end, who then pitches a lateral to the running back. The running back turns around and hands the ball off to the safety, who the left tackle then plows over and scoops the ball up in the endzone.
Now that we're up 21-14, we let them score really fast so we can get one, maybe two more possessions in for the first half. :stunned: [/world's greatest offense]

:D

sanantoniosooner
8/28/2007, 12:45 AM
Like a Freak'n Spider Monkey.

critical_phil
8/28/2007, 12:56 AM
i'd use sharks w/ frickin laser beams attached to their heads.

Octavian
8/28/2007, 12:58 AM
put a flower on their helmet

goingoneight
8/28/2007, 01:15 AM
Get a bunch of sacks? :eek:

Zing
8/28/2007, 01:24 AM
with a machete in each hand....maybe some blood on an apron to strike fear in their hearts.

or like so?

http://www.visualwalkthroughs.com/deadrising/case2/hatchet.jpg

soonerinabilene
8/28/2007, 08:07 AM
well, if they talked crap about my team, I think i would have to rip their scrotums open.

batonrougesooner
8/28/2007, 08:28 AM
First, I'd cross the Red River...

Landthief 1972
8/28/2007, 08:35 AM
I'd lift weights all summer, and practice REAL hard. That should do it.

stunandun
8/28/2007, 08:41 AM
We all know we're going to get a big Ol dose of plain vanilla until Texas, so sit back and watch it unfold. I have heard that we could be in trouble with North Texas. They been liftin weights and stuff.

westcoast_sooner
8/28/2007, 11:15 AM
With Chris Brown suspended for the game, we still have some pretty good weapons. MK should be open all day, as will Iglesias, and Tennell getting some playing time. Give the ball to Murray - or throw to him on the edge and let him make a play. We should all get a chance to see what Madu can do, also.

TMcGee86
8/28/2007, 11:30 AM
I'd take Amarillo first then march on to Lubbock and secure the panhandle.

That way you could send your other division into Dallas and out flank them from teh west.

OUmillenium
8/28/2007, 11:30 AM
...with chemical weapons that painfully dissolve away Longhorn sex organs.

OUDoc
8/28/2007, 12:09 PM
Run it up the middle!!!
Good to see you again, Coach Blake.

TXBOOMER
8/28/2007, 12:20 PM
I would send in about 5 squads of Marines on all the major entry points and sweep them down into Central Texas.

sooner518
8/28/2007, 12:29 PM
Ninja formation, with lots and lots of encouraging clapping

stoopified
8/28/2007, 01:43 PM
I'm curious what your gameplans would be if you were the OC. Feel free to be as creative as you would like.

I would start off with a heavy dose of Allen Patrick, and Demarco Murray. I realize we have some really good receivers, but I want to send a message right from the start. I'd put 2 tight ends in the game, and try and run it down their throats. This will take the pressure off of Bradford, and allow our O-Line to establish their will right from the start. When they start to load the box to stop the run... I'd send Joe John, and Gresham right up the seems on a play action pass.

What about you?I understand your reasoning BUT I think UNT will come out loading the box and daring us to pass.I CAN'T HELP BUT RECALL OSU LOADING THE BOX(in the 4th qtr) AND FORCING 3 OR 4 STRAIGHT 3AND OUTS.Sorry for yelling,I got excited . :) I think we will need to show a willingness to pass.I'm thinking we will pass about 20 times utilizing playaction.

royalfan5
8/28/2007, 01:45 PM
I'd open with a Statue of Liberty play, but that's just me.