PDA

View Full Version : New Job Opening: Miss Examiners

Chuck Bao
8/27/2007, 05:25 PM
This seems a bit strange even for Thailand.

So Thailand is going to officially allow transsexuals to call themselves Miss, but only after a physical exam.

I wonder who is going to get the job of checking whether the junk is still there and possibly just taped under.

The Gay Political Group wants some pre-ops to get to use the Miss title too after being examined physically, mentally and socially.

Socially? Like go out on a date or hang out with them?

And, isn’t that like a slippery slope?

Why do we even need to designate gender, anyway?

'Miss' proposed for transsexuals, transvestites

The Gay Political Group of Thailand is to propose allowing both transsexuals and transvestites to use the title Miss to the National Legislative Assembly (NLA) today.

Published on August 28, 2007

Natee Teerarojjanapongs, the group's president, said he was concerned about problems that occurred after the law revision that allowed only transsexuals to change their title.

"I think physical genders are not as important as those people's minds. The NLA should also allow transvestites to use Miss as their title because their characteristics and lifestyles are now the same as women, which I think is more important to consider," Natee said.

"Besides, this group of people [transvestites] is much larger than transsexuals. Not only transsexual people but also transvestites have faced problems when applying for a job or traveling in foreign countries because authorities do not always check their physical gender."

The president will also make two other proposals to the NLA - framing a law that anybody who wants to change sex must be given full information before they make a decision; and issuing documents confirming the transsexuals' change of title in order to prevent deception.

Natee said he did not want to see transvestites or gays rushing to change their sex due to the right to use the title Miss and then being upset after they have changed their sex. He wanted those people to have a chance to make sure which gender they actually wanted to be.

He also believed that issuing the document would be useful for checking that those transgenders had been men to reduce problems when they competed in sports competitions with women or when they married men.

"I agree with allowing transsexuals to use Miss as their title, but I want the NLA to consider my recommendations. I want to see an efficient solution covering more people," said Natee.

Meanwhile, TG Thailand group leader Yollada Krerkkong Suanyot said 10 representatives of his group would attend a meeting of the NLA subcommittee on women's affairs today to discuss the issue.

In addition, an expert from Australia will attend the meeting to provide details of laws concerning people with various sexual preferences in countries such as the US, England, Australia and New Zealand.

"We will ask the subcommittee to allow both transsexuals and transvestites with female characteristics to use Miss, but only the ones who request, not all of them," Yollada added.

Transgenders and transvestites wanting to use Miss should be examined physically, mentally and socially before being given permission, he said.

Yollada said his group wanted only their current personal documents - ID card, passport and driving licence - to be changed.

Wannapa Phetdee

The Nation

olevetonahill
8/27/2007, 06:05 PM
Just call em "IT" and be done with it .

Rogue
8/27/2007, 06:47 PM
But are they ruthless and vicious?

royalfan5
8/27/2007, 06:56 PM
Sounds like a job for the cops that continue to **** up after they get the hello kitty arm band.