PDA

View Full Version : Deep thoughts, by Michael Vick...

OUmillenium
8/27/2007, 12:34 PM
"For most of my life, I've been a football player, not a public speaker, so, you know, I really don't know, you know, how to say what I really want to say."

"YOU KNOW" ALERT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Let's hope our coaches enforce the you know/i mean quota for this year's Sooner player interviews.

SeattleOUstudent
8/27/2007, 01:01 PM
"I, you know, went to Va Tech, ya know"

Harry Beanbag
8/27/2007, 05:53 PM
I thought he actually did a pretty good job with his statement today, no notes or anything.

jk the sooner fan
8/27/2007, 05:57 PM
I thought he actually did a pretty good job with his statement today, no notes or anything.

agreed

ouwapiti
8/27/2007, 08:13 PM
bothers me when the perps always seem to 'find jesus' after they've lied numerous times but eventually get busted.....i hope they throw the book at him...not only the feds but the nfl too!!!!

MiccoMacey
8/27/2007, 10:09 PM
wapiti,

I agree in sentiment, because it seems like they find Jesus only after getting caught and have no way out.

I'd just hate to lump the one(s) who really do find Jesus on their death bed in with those who just use it as a crutch.

Unfortunately thre's no way of knowing who's who, so I'll just let the Big Guy decide who's telling the truth.

IndianJack
8/27/2007, 10:13 PM
bothers me when the perps always seem to 'find jesus' after they've lied numerous times but eventually get busted.....i hope they throw the book at him...not only the feds but the nfl too!!!!

I found Jesus at a dog fight at ORU. :)

OKC Sooner
8/27/2007, 10:28 PM
I didn't even know he was lost.... :confused:

IndianJack
8/27/2007, 10:30 PM
His dog was. And I think he was looking for OTB.

sooneron
8/27/2007, 10:37 PM
I think his GPS was out. Jesus showed him the way.

OUmillenium
8/27/2007, 10:39 PM
and now...deep thoughts, by dogkiller vick...

"You know, I understand it's - it's important or not important, you know, as far as what you say but how you say things. So, you know, I take this opportunity just to speak from the heart."

sooneron
8/27/2007, 10:41 PM
Spek to Tom Jackson for not totally buying into Vick's "apology".

All_Day_28
8/27/2007, 10:45 PM
wapiti,

I agree in sentiment, because it seems like they find Jesus only after getting caught and have no way out.

I'd just hate to lump the one(s) who really do find Jesus on their death bed in with those who just use it as a crutch.

Unfortunately thre's no way of knowing who's who, so I'll just let the Big Guy decide who's telling the truth.
well said..... "Let he without sin cast the first stone."

batonrougesooner
8/27/2007, 11:56 PM

That thing was about as rehearsed as a high school play.

Notice how he managed to get all the little sound bites in there like his lawyers most likely told him to? He was clearly speaking from a script vs. his heart.

The sad thing is that people would forgive him in an instant if he would show some genuine humility.

freshchris05
8/28/2007, 12:04 AM

while i do agree with what your saying, really its like that with everything and everyone... have a school shooting, a terrorist attack, or a natural disaster and next thing you know its hands across america... but where would we be if none of that happens?

goingoneight
8/28/2007, 12:23 AM
You know, he's just making a speech... like without notes, you know? I mean, you know that isn't easy... I mean not being a public speaker and all, you know?

oumartin
8/28/2007, 12:26 AM
I think we need to get off his back. What he did was wrong. Let the judge decide his sentence and let him try to turn his life around

Harry Beanbag
8/28/2007, 12:28 AM

Notice how he managed to get all the little sound bites in there like his lawyers most likely told him to? He was clearly speaking from a script vs. his heart.

The sad thing is that people would forgive him in an instant if he would show some genuine humility.

I don't think he's bright enough to be trained to act like that. Sure he was coached (I think more in what not to say rather than what to say), but he talked for nearly 5 minutes off the cuff, something he may have never done before his entire life.

Don't get me wrong, I'm glad he's going to federal pound me in the *** prison and will be out of the NFL for a few years, but this is a decent start to recovering his humanity. I've never thought very highly of him anyway so it just surprised me that he had it in him to act like an adult for a change.

goingoneight
8/28/2007, 12:32 AM
Wonder if the Texas fans are still hoping Vince becomes a regular Vick these days? :D

soonerinabilene
8/28/2007, 08:18 AM
Is there anything more beautiful than a flamingo flying across a beautiful sunset, and in its beak is something really beautiful, and in its feet is someting really beautiful, and also, you are drunk?- Jack Handey

BornandBred
8/28/2007, 08:34 AM
What Vick did makes me sick. I'm not beyond ever forgiving him, but he's got to make some huge attempts to get back into the publics good graces. Even a truly "heart felt" apology, which this was not IMO, is just words. Goodell should make an example of Vick, at least a 4-5 year ban after prison.

OUmillenium
8/28/2007, 10:07 AM
The birds seemed to be calling his name...thought Kaw

illinisooner
8/28/2007, 11:05 AM

There's no doubt he had Billy Martin and co tell him what to say and what not to say...they would be stupid not to counsel him on that. Michael is sorry that he got caught, probably not that sorry that he did it. Maybe now he is regretting dogfighting and not neccesarily regretting that he got caught...if so, good for him.

birddog
8/28/2007, 11:07 AM
maybe vick should have had drew rosenhaus speak for him while vick looked on 3 feet behind him.:rolleyes:

Scott D
8/28/2007, 12:10 PM
Whether you believe the sincerity of the statement or not, you have to appreciate the fact that unlike a lot of celebrities these days, he actually got in front of a microphone to make the statement in the first place.

How many recently busted celebrities don't get in front of a camera to say anything until after they get released from jail?

Collier11
8/28/2007, 12:30 PM
bothers me when the perps always seem to 'find jesus' after they've lied numerous times but eventually get busted.....

While it does seem "convenient" to find the holy ghost after getting in trouble, I feel that really isnt any of our place to comment on negatively because we really dont know if he is sincere or not

Collier11
8/28/2007, 12:34 PM
Whether you believe the sincerity of the statement or not, you have to appreciate the fact that unlike a lot of celebrities these days, he actually got in front of a microphone to make the statement in the first place.

And he did it without a prepared statement which is nice to see for once, or without his lawyer speaking for him.

True, his next biggest battle is the PR battle and we wont really know if he is truly sorry or just trying to get leniency from public opinion, the judge, and the nfl...that being said, almost everyone deserves a second chance in my book and if he truly seems to have changed then so be it! All ive ever heard about Vick is that he is a really good guy, so lets hope that is true and the root of his troubles was not being able to let go of boyhood thug friends

SoonerBOI
8/28/2007, 01:26 PM
Hopefully even if it was barely comprehensible, I am tired of the Vick story. I wish he get what he'll deserve.