PDA

View Full Version : OU/Miami question

soonersweetie
8/27/2007, 12:01 PM
Hubby and I will be flying in from San Diego for that game and we are meeting my dad. We are staying in OKC and he is driving down from the Tulsa area.

We are only going to be there Sat as we fly back early Sunday morning. I have a couple of questions.

Which would be easier, breakfast around campus before the game or lunch somewhere in the area after the game?

I would like to be able to spend a little conversation time (out of the football game with dad) and I was thinking breakfast or lunch.

And do we have any idea if Gameday will be there or not? I haven't heard.

Thanks!!

Paperclip
8/27/2007, 12:03 PM
I'm guessing the crowds will be lighter for breakfast than they would be for lunch. It seems that for 11:00 games like this people don't get out too much earlier than they need to for the game. Well, at least not as many.

rufnek05
8/27/2007, 12:47 PM
i would think breakfast would have less crowds, but i don't know for sure. i'm always driving the cecil car to eddies by 8 for 11o'clock games.

soonersweetie
8/27/2007, 12:49 PM
cool, I didn't know you drove the Cecil car :)

Where are you at usually on game days? We'll be there in Oct for the OU/missouri game with the kids and they would get a kick out of seeing it.

Norman Sooner
8/27/2007, 12:50 PM
ah the cecil car...you guys fixed the brakes on that thing yet? I bout ran over 2 pledges back in 99/00 driving that thing...

rufnek05
8/27/2007, 12:52 PM
define "fix". we put some new pads and knocked some rust off the drums. but it still eats batteries. we now always carry a spare with us.

rufnek05
8/27/2007, 12:54 PM
cool, I didn't know you drove the Cecil car :)

Where are you at usually on game days? We'll be there in Oct for the OU/missouri game with the kids and they would get a kick out of seeing it.

last season we were at the north end of the south oval, thats' where we would stop for eddies tailgate. but i heard he can't 'gate there anymore. so i'm not sure. ask me sunday.

Monster Zero
8/27/2007, 01:13 PM
If you've never had breakfast at The Diner in downtown Norman, east of the tracks and on the north side of the street, you haven't been to Norman. Best Mexican breakfast this side of Mexico. No need to dress up, just get there early. Look for the blue sign.

mikeelikee
8/27/2007, 01:15 PM
We enjoyed Ozzie's at the airport. Good breakfast, and cheap!

soonersweetie
8/27/2007, 01:19 PM
thanks everyone for the input. I think, after reading the tailgate thread, we might just go to the tailgate. My dad's been there before, it's close and it gives us a chance to say hi to everyone.

stoopified
8/27/2007, 01:50 PM
Breakfast

The Maestro
8/27/2007, 01:57 PM
I suspect GameDay will be at Va Tech-LSU in Baton Rouge...the second straight week for Va Tech to start the season.

(NO COMMENT!!!)

rufnek05
8/27/2007, 02:18 PM
i've heard the same thing.

SteelClip49
8/27/2007, 02:36 PM
Gameday to be at the Turkey/Cajun game....

I don't know if the Plaid Cafe is open on gamedays but they have great food for breakfast. Marie Callender's on the Ed Noble Parkway in west Norman is very good, bit pricy, but will fiill you up.

snp
8/27/2007, 02:39 PM
Beer is sufficient for breakfast on gamedays.

Piware
8/27/2007, 02:55 PM
Breakfast

Breakfast. I like Sunny Side Up Omelettes on Robinson. Not fancy - just very good breakfasts.

thatmediadude
8/27/2007, 03:22 PM
Ozzies is the best breakfast in Norman at the airport. All u can eat for like 5 bucks...Super mistake not to eat there.

Will
8/27/2007, 03:50 PM
Breakfast. I like Sunny Side Up Omelettes on Robinson. Not fancy - just very good breakfasts.

this place is good for breakfast but you have to bring cash!

Sooner Born Sooner Bred
8/27/2007, 08:53 PM
Boarder will be cooking breakfast burritos at the SF tailgate for Miami. You are welcome to join us there.

(By the way, is it too much to ask rufnek05 that he not smoke any weed prior to driving the Cecil car?)

sooneron
8/27/2007, 09:52 PM
If you've never had breakfast at The Diner in downtown Norman, east of the tracks and on the north side of the street, you haven't been to Norman. Best Mexican breakfast this side of Mexico. No need to dress up, just get there early. Look for the blue sign.
This is a great choice, but plan a shower for after the meal, as you will wear the grease to the game. (which won't be fun in Sep in the afternoon)
Game or not, The Diner will have a line.

soonersweetie
8/27/2007, 11:52 PM
Boarder will be cooking breakfast burritos at the SF tailgate for Miami. You are welcome to join us there.

(By the way, is it too much to ask rufnek05 that he not smoke any weed prior to driving the Cecil car?)

Thanks! I'm pretty sure we'll stop by. Been awhile since we've seen everyone, looking forward to it.

olevetonahill
8/27/2007, 11:58 PM
thanks everyone for the input. I think, after reading the tailgate thread, we might just go to the tailgate. My dad's been there before, it's close and it gives us a chance to say hi to everyone.
What i was thinkin;) Good friends , good eats :cool:

olevetonahill
8/28/2007, 12:00 AM

Yea rufnek . Ya need to Give me the weed !:cool:

InTexasandImStuck
8/28/2007, 02:23 PM
So most of you won't be out for the tailgate in the morning. We should have happy hour started by 7am.

soonermagicgirl
8/28/2007, 02:43 PM
So most of you won't be out for the tailgate in the morning. We should have happy hour started by 7am.

I'm with you...
HAPPY HOUR!!!:pop: