PDA

View Full Version : Are you pro-Aikman or anti-Aikman?

stoopified
8/27/2007, 11:44 AM
I had a heated debate the other day with a fellow Sooner who loves Aikman.I informed him that until Aikman got on his knees at the 50 yardline of Owen Field and begged Barry's forgiveness Troy could eat $hit and die.

I will not forgive Aikman for undercutting Barry when Switzer was coaching the Cowboys.Second I think Aikman should publicly thank Barry for getting him the workout with UCLA and Terry Donahue.Without that Troy would proably have ended up playing for John Cooper and his forgettable teams at Arizona or was it Arizona State?Finally I remain convinced to this day that Aikman layed down during Barry's final season in Dallas including throwing at least one game(against the Eagles) in order toget THE KING fired.

My friend swears I am in the minority and that most OU fans still have a warm spot for the former Dallas QB.While I am not asking anyone to share my opinion of TA in terms of him throwing the last season (under Switzer)or that particular game,I would like to know am I the ONLY anti-Troy Sooner fan?

tigepilot
8/27/2007, 11:53 AM
Your friend is nutts.

Some radio station (sports animal or music or something... don't remember the station) would always play a tract of a baby crying when Aikman's name came up and that's what I think of him as well. A big cry baby... a talented cry baby but a cry baby.

sooner n houston
8/27/2007, 11:57 AM
I'm with you Stoopified!

I loved Aikman for years, once I heard how he treated Switzer I couldn't stand him!

CobraKai
8/27/2007, 12:13 PM
Aikman was quoted years ago as saying that during OU-Texas he pulls for Texas. He said something to the effect of "why wouldn't I...I live in Texas." He makes no recognition of being associated with OU.

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
8/27/2007, 12:45 PM
Aikman was quoted years ago as saying that during OU-Texas he pulls for Texas. He said something to the effect of "why wouldn't I...I live in Texas." He makes no recognition of being associated with OU.:texan: :eek: :( :mad: :mack: :chicken: I think there are LOTS of Sooner fans who don't know Aikman is anti-OU. I didn't.

stoopified
8/27/2007, 12:47 PM
I find it interesting that TA seems to delight in pointing out negatives about former Sooners in the NFL.I recall a game last year where ROY made a big play for Dallas(pick and a score,I think) all TA wanted to talk about was a poor play ROY made earlier in the game.IMHO he has let his true colors show.I have even seen his fellow announcers look at him (when he starts that neg BS) like he is OUT THERE.So much for impartiality.

Tulsa_Fireman
8/27/2007, 12:57 PM
Not to mention he spread the rumor that he was banging Lorrie Morgan when he's really a butt pirate.

tigepilot
8/27/2007, 01:03 PM
Not to mention he spread the rumor that he was banging Lorrie Morgan when he's really a butt pirate.

I was watching Leno a few years back with my British wife who doesn't watch or know anything about football and has no idea who Aikman and he comes out as a guest on the show that night. After about 5 minutes she turns to me and asks "Is that guy gay?" I guess she saw something there.:D

rufnek05
8/27/2007, 01:04 PM
i remember when he was playin in his later years. i kept waiting for that last concussion that would reduce his mind to that of a 12 year-old girl.

JohnnyMack
8/27/2007, 01:07 PM
I think Troy's decision to leave OU for UCLA was a wise one. I don't begrudge him at all and think any one of us would have done the same thing had we been in his shoes.

I don't think Troy Aikman threw or conspired to throw a game while he was the QB of the Dallas Cowboys. I blame Father Time more for the slide the Cowboys experienced in 97 than anything else.

I don't give a rats *** who Troy Aikman does or does not root for. He could cheer for Hitler and I wouldn't give a ****.

I do think he and JBuck are a terrific broadcast duo. Good chemistry.

walkoffsooner
8/27/2007, 01:08 PM
i was pro. but if he roots for Texas I will be anti

The_Red_Patriot
8/27/2007, 01:17 PM
Whats the Switzer-Aikman story again? How did he treat Switzer?

Monster Zero
8/27/2007, 01:17 PM
No big fans of Aikman living in this house. I never could figure out what his problem was. I'll go so far as to say that I wouldn't be surprised if it came to light that Troy did "less than his best" in a couple of games so Barry could take the rap for it. I suppose that's between Troy and his conscience now, though.

CU Sooner
8/27/2007, 01:22 PM
I do not despise him but do not like him that much either. His lack of respect for the King infuriates me. If not for Barry he wouldn't have had the opportunities he did. However, he is one of the best color guys in the nfl.

stoopified
8/27/2007, 01:23 PM
I think Troy's decision to leave OU for UCLA was a wise one. I don't begrudge him at all and think any one of us would have done the same thing had we been in his shoes.

I don't think Troy Aikman threw or conspired to throw a game while he was the QB of the Dallas Cowboys. I blame Father Time more for the slide the Cowboys experienced in 97 than anything else.

I don't give a rats *** who Troy Aikman does or does not root for. He could cheer for Hitler and I wouldn't give a ****.

I do think he and JBuck are a terrific broadcast duo. Good chemistry.
So are you pro?

JohnnyMack
8/27/2007, 01:29 PM
I don't really care.

I think his accomplishments as an NFL QB are admirable and I think he's a good broadcaster but I never rooted for the Cowboys.

I guess I'm 60/40 anti-Troy.

Paperclip
8/27/2007, 01:36 PM
I'm indifferent toward Troy. Then again, I'm not a big Switzer fan either.

Tulsa_Fireman
8/27/2007, 01:53 PM
I'm indifferent toward Troy. Then again, I'm not a big Switzer fan either.

Blasphemer.

NorthTexan
8/27/2007, 01:54 PM
I lived in the DFW area all of my life, until the past 2 1/2 years and have never heard anyone even consider Aikman throwing a game to get rid of Switzer. Aikman's beef with Switzer was that he ran a loose ship and the lack of discipline was hurting the Cowboys. Aikman had Jerry's ear more than Switzer did, and I'm sure he let Jones know his frustrations with Switzer. Plus, eating the hot dog on the sideline during the Pro Bowl and acting like a teenager that just got laid when the Boys' won their last Super Bowl probably embarrassed Jones.

For the record, I am a lifelong Texan, but have never been a fan of the Whorn's and loved OU during the Switzer years.

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
8/27/2007, 02:05 PM
For the record, I am a lifelong Texan, but have never been a fan of the Whorn's and loved OU during the Switzer years.Too bad you're not a HS senior football superstar. You would be ripe for an OU scholarship.

The Maestro
8/27/2007, 02:14 PM
Screw his senitment to Switzer. The 84 game at Kansas is why I remain ****ed at him!

TMcGee86
8/27/2007, 02:15 PM
Pro.

Switzer was like a God to me when he was with OU but once he became the coach of the Cowboys I was old enough to see that he didn't have it.

He wasn't a bad coach, just not a great one on the NFL level. I still can't get over that philly game.

I still love the King, dont get me wrong, but I dont blame Aikman for questioning the direction of the team.

stoopified
8/27/2007, 02:15 PM
I lived in the DFW area all of my life, until the past 2 1/2 years and have never heard anyone even consider Aikman throwing a game to get rid of Switzer. Aikman's beef with Switzer was that he ran a loose ship and the lack of discipline was hurting the Cowboys. Aikman had Jerry's ear more than Switzer did, and I'm sure he let Jones know his frustrations with Switzer. Plus, eating the hot dog on the sideline during the Pro Bowl and acting like a teenager that just got laid when the Boys' won their last Super Bowl probably embarrassed Jones.

For the record, I am a lifelong Texan, but have never been a fan of the Whorn's and loved OU during the Switzer years.
I never said the TA throwing a game or laying down to get rid of Switzer was a widely held view,just mine, based on my observations.I have 3 major problems with Aikman 1) he verbally undercut Barry EVERY CHANCE he had publicly,2)He ran to the owner whining,3)He acts like neither Barry or OU ever did anything for him.I appreciate your input as I did ask for bpth pro and anti Aikman POVs.

sooneron
8/27/2007, 02:20 PM
Aikman's effort during Switzer's last season was **** poor. It was pretty obvious that he wanted Barry gone. The fact that he roots for UTerus, well, that puts me over the edge. F 'em!

SteelClip49
8/27/2007, 02:27 PM
Aikman thanked Switzer in his Pro Football Hall of Fame induction speech.

Doged
8/27/2007, 02:36 PM
Aikman was a fine qb, I suppose, but he's a complete loser as a man. Arrogant, self-aggrandizing and condescending. I don't think he's ever come to grips with the simple fact that he hails from small-town Oklahoma. He most certainly never displays the values usually associated with those roots.

Just my opinion, of course. ;)

Partial Qualifier
8/27/2007, 03:46 PM
I'm with you Stoopified!

I loved Aikman for years, once I heard how he treaded Switzer I couldn't stand him!

me too..

TXBOOMER
8/27/2007, 03:58 PM
I heard him say he has no rooting interest in the OU-texass game. But since he lives in texas he pulls the whorns. That was a few years ago on the Ticket radio show.
I heard that invited the King to his Hall of Fame induction. If that can be confirmed I'll forgive him a little. Otherwise, F him.

Paperclip
8/27/2007, 04:02 PM
Aikman thanked Switzer in his Pro Football Hall of Fame induction speech.

He mentioned him, but he didn't exactly thank him.

BoonesFarmSooner
8/27/2007, 04:19 PM
Troy could eat $hit and die.

Those are my exact sentiments. It was going to be my reply before I even opened the thread...

sooneron
8/27/2007, 04:35 PM
He mentioned him, but he didn't exactly thank him.
Yeah, that's the way I remember it.

whitehelmutsagain
8/27/2007, 04:36 PM
ANTI...but I respect his bravery to play on with head injuries that severe.

85Sooner
8/27/2007, 05:04 PM
Just about any NFL QB could have had his stats with the cowboys with that O line and the weapons on offense.
Notice the trend Troy out= Cowboys win
Emmit out= Cowboys lose
Irvin out = cowboys lose
Entire O line that allows a QB time for a seven step drop= concussion over and over again.

I don'tput him in a category with Staubach, bradshaw, montana etc.... but he did turn out to be an egotistical ungrateful SOB but thats just my opinion

Jason White's Third Knee
8/27/2007, 05:05 PM
I can sum up the demise of the Cowboys in 2 words Lippsti.... I mean:
Jay Novacek.

When he was done, so were the Cowboys.

4th and a foot and the best O-line in the league can't get a push for Emmitt?

Aikman is a good man. He did the right things, etc. He was also having no ****ing fun when he played. I hated watching his attitude on the field. Sucks that he can't let the OU thing go. He also had the most over-rated long ball in the universe.

It's hard to hate the guy, but yeah. I hate him.

r5TPsooner
8/27/2007, 05:09 PM
I have met Troy personally and while he was a very good NFL qb, he is a POS for a human being and doesn't treat people with much respect. I also know for a fact, that his handshake doesn't mean a damn thing. From what I've heard, that hasn't changed much from the time he was playing and now. Money is EVERYTHING to him and he's basically a legend in his own mind.

Personally, he could get hit by a MACK truck and I wouldn't give a sh*t!

And anyone that calls him a Sooner is FOS and needs to pass the mega-bong my way.

olevetonahill
8/27/2007, 05:32 PM
Stoopified
I had that same discussion with an ex soninlaw cowboys fan The kings last year . He thought about it and Said You Know " your right " He had never thought of it till I pointed it out to him then he could see .

oumartin
8/27/2007, 05:38 PM
Who is Troy Aikman? Thats my opinion

r5TPsooner
8/27/2007, 05:42 PM
Who is Troy Aikman? Thats my opinion

A guy that doesn't dig chicks.

oumartin
8/27/2007, 05:45 PM
A guy that doesn't dig chicks

what a homo

Rocker
8/27/2007, 05:47 PM
He beat texas when was the QB @ OU 14-7
I'm glad he did that.

But I don't care what he thinks of OU or Switzer.

Fraggle145
8/27/2007, 06:12 PM
So can someone fill those of us that dont know about it in on the back story? All I keep hearing is POS, arrogant, etc... Its obvious that I am going to hate him, I would just like a concrete example besides (no offense) the conspiracy of tanking games.

usmc-sooner
8/27/2007, 06:22 PM
I could care less who TA roots for. He was a good QB (real good)

Now that Vince Young doesn't play for UT, I'm a big fan of him.

Bccajun
8/27/2007, 06:31 PM
No real Sooner pulls for TX just because that is where he lives. I am in South LA, but that does not mean I like LSUcks.

My son has a football game moved up on 9/29 because of a game. I raise hell about it. Your son plays for our school so miss the game and stay and have your son here for his game. (game was still moved up in time).

Screw LESs Miles and his gang of thugs.
1 Ryan Perrilloux, the sophomore quarterback who was once a prized recruit but who's made most of his headlines by getting in trouble with the law, was due to report for practice at LSU Friday after head coach Les Miles reinstated him.

2 An apology and paying for property damaged during a confrontation two months ago could get LSU linebacker Derrick Odom off the hook for misdemeanor charges against him

In my eyes it would be like Stoops telling Bomar to pay the money back and you can stay on the team.

BC

goingoneight
8/27/2007, 07:34 PM
Boy, a lot of rumors got way too far out of control about Aikman just because he left OU. Nevermind the fact that he was a pro-style, passing quarterback who watched a TRUE FRESHMEN lead OU to the National Title after he went down. Barry said they ran the wishbone and nothing would change as long as he was coach at OU. Troy put two-and-two together and wanted to transfer. So a kid who left OU for a program like UCLA, a program we have no bad history with to better his career ended up a DALLAS COWBOY Hall of Famer.
MY humble opinion is:
1. He left OU, so people started stupid rumors and began to hate on him.
2. He played for Dallas, won three Super Bowls. Dallas lovers love him Dallas haters nitpick.
3. Switzer, nor Troy ever said anything publicly bad about one another... and both are on record as still friendly acquaintences. If King doesn't like anyone, since when has he been too chicken-**** to keep it in? This is the same guy who said beating Texas makes him "happier than a pig eating ****."

TA made a good choice for himself, just because he left a program that would not cater to his abilities and he didn't want to ride the pine behine Holieway... people are quick to call him queer and say he intentionally laid down some games to get someone fired? How's this... did Roy Williams lay down last year to get Tuna out of Dallas? No, you might say he didn't push himself quite as much as before last season... which falls on the coach and owner.
And until I see the quote, in video that he roots for Texas... I won't believe it. Even so, it doesn't matter beyond college. We probably have hundreds of Sooners players who pull for Texas. I know our own Tony Casillas was on the horn bandwagon before the USC/Texas game. I think people are just ****ed that he left OU, and just so happened to play for Dallas.
BTW, Switzer was never a fan favorite in Dallas. Read a little about him and Dale Hansen, and ask a die-hard Cowboys fan what they thought of him. He will forever be under-appreciated because like Nate Hybl at OU, he followed a legend in his profession... and people thought he was winning with someone else's players. Guess what, he was... with Jerry's players, not Jimmy's. I'll bet most blind, arrogant Cowboys fans would be happy if Switzer was coaching them to a Super Bowl now, wouldn't they?

:mad:

CatfishSooner
8/27/2007, 08:01 PM
Boy, a lot of rumors got way too far out of control about Aikman just because he left OU. Nevermind the fact that he was a pro-style, passing quarterback who watched a TRUE FRESHMEN lead OU to the National Title after he went down. Barry said they ran the wishbone and nothing would change as long as he was coach at OU. Troy put two-and-two together and wanted to transfer. So a kid who left OU for a program like UCLA, a program we have no bad history with to better his career ended up a DALLAS COWBOY Hall of Famer.
MY humble opinion is:
1. He left OU, so people started stupid rumors and began to hate on him.
2. He played for Dallas, won three Super Bowls. Dallas lovers love him Dallas haters nitpick.
3. Switzer, nor Troy ever said anything publicly bad about one another... and both are on record as still friendly acquaintences. If King doesn't like anyone, since when has he been too chicken-**** to keep it in? This is the same guy who said beating Texas makes him "happier than a pig eating ****."

TA made a good choice for himself, just because he left a program that would not cater to his abilities and he didn't want to ride the pine behine Holieway... people are quick to call him queer and say he intentionally laid down some games to get someone fired? How's this... did Roy Williams lay down last year to get Tuna out of Dallas? No, you might say he didn't push himself quite as much as before last season... which falls on the coach and owner.
And until I see the quote, in video that he roots for Texas... I won't believe it. Even so, it doesn't matter beyond college. We probably have hundreds of Sooners players who pull for Texas. I know our own Tony Casillas was on the horn bandwagon before the USC/Texas game. I think people are just ****ed that he left OU, and just so happened to play for Dallas.
BTW, Switzer was never a fan favorite in Dallas. Read a little about him and Dale Hansen, and ask a die-hard Cowboys fan what they thought of him. He will forever be under-appreciated because like Nate Hybl at OU, he followed a legend in his profession... and people thought he was winning with someone else's players. Guess what, he was... with Jerry's players, not Jimmy's. I'll bet most blind, arrogant Cowboys fans would be happy if Switzer was coaching them to a Super Bowl now, wouldn't they?

:mad:

Nice rant...I still think he's queer though.... ;)

goodonya
8/27/2007, 08:21 PM
It's painfully simple. If you know (knew) the real story you would never hold any resentment against Troy. For those of you that are haters, I hope it heals what obviously ails you.

Paperclip
8/27/2007, 08:23 PM
It's painfully simple. If you know (knew) the real story you would never hold any resentment against Troy. For those of you that are haters, I hope it heals what obviously ails you.

Spill it or shut up.

sooner n houston
8/27/2007, 08:24 PM
Switzer said he regrets that Aikman was forced to defend himself against charges he singled out black teammates for criticism. The quarterback was shoved into that position after former defensive assistant John Blake contended in a private meeting with Switzer that Aikman's conduct had threatened to become a divisive influence on the team.

"I told Troy that I made a mistake, but it was an honest mistake," Switzer said. "I was concerned about Troy. I should have told those who brought it to me, because they were concerned, that in the heat of competition, things are said between players and players, coaches and coaches, and players and coaches that when the competition is over, it is resolved.

"I should have said to Blake, 'Get the hell out of here. The players will handle that, and it will all work out. They don't need me to get involved.' But I got involved in it and talked about it to the squad, and I should have ignored it."

The accusations Blake made undercut Aikman's leadership position, provoked an angry meeting with Switzer and led the quarterback to confront high-profile players, including Deion Sanders, Darren Woodson and Kevin Williams.

Blake, released before the NFL playoffs to become head coach at Oklahoma, went to Switzer with his concerns after Aikman berated wide receiver Kevin Williams following an incompletion in an upset loss to the Washington Redskins.

http://www.texnews.com/cowboys/troy/aikmanswitzer071796.html

CatfishSooner
8/27/2007, 08:24 PM
Spill it or shut up.

Agreed! :pop:

sooner n houston
8/27/2007, 08:28 PM
At the Super Bowl, he said he would seek a meeting with owner Jerry Jones soon after the game to discuss his unhappy relationship with Switzer.

Jones confirmed recently that that meeting took place, the Star-Telegram reported.

"What we met about was what we could do to give us the best chance to get back to the Super Bowl," Jones said. "We had a pretty complete visit about how to get better. It included a litany of things, including the additional emphasis on doing the little things."

Asked whether Aikman and Switzer are now on good terms, Jones said:

"I don't think that relationship will be a deterrent from us having a successful season or competing for the

Super Bowl. Troy and Barry are very intelligent people who want to see this team be the world champions in 1996, and they'll do anything to get it done."
http://www.texnews.com/cowboys/troybarry12.html

sooner n houston
8/27/2007, 08:29 PM
http://www.texnews.com/cowboys/troy/stories.html

tulsaoilerfan
8/27/2007, 11:12 PM
So besides in the Skip Brainless book, where has this conspiracy theory about Aikman throwing games to get Switzer fired ever came up?

tulsaoilerfan
8/27/2007, 11:14 PM
I do not despise him but do not like him that much either. His lack of respect for the King infuriates me. If not for Barry he wouldn't have had the opportunities he did. However, he is one of the best color guys in the nfl.
How do you figure that? I know that Barry helped him find a school after he left OU, but what else did he do to help Troy out? Color me lost on that statement:pop:

tulsaoilerfan
8/27/2007, 11:20 PM
I never said the TA throwing a game or laying down to get rid of Switzer was a widely held view,just mine, based on my observations.I have 3 major problems with Aikman 1) he verbally undercut Barry EVERY CHANCE he had publicly,2)He ran to the owner whining,3)He acts like neither Barry or OU ever did anything for him.I appreciate your input as I did ask for bpth pro and anti Aikman POVs.
I totally respect your opinion, but what exactly did the Sooners do for Aikman? He only started 5 games, and i remember the whole time people were speculating, or outright begging, for Eric Mitchel or Jamelle Holieway to take his place because he wasn't a wishbone QB and the fans wanted to hang half a hundred on everyone(NTTAWWT), which wasn't going to happen with Troy running the bone. All of Troy's college success came at UCLA, so why should have have any fond memories of his time at OU? If you look at it objectively all Switzer did to help him out was help arrange his transfer and Troy took the ball and ran with it from there. Did any of you that were fans back then really even think that much of him as a QB prospect? :pop:

Serenity Now
8/28/2007, 01:05 AM
You haters are out in full force. I've met Troy and we have some mutual friends. I know that he's loyal and still close to his pre-football friends and that says a lot about him to me.

Actions speak louder than conspiracy. He invited Barry to his HOF induction. Get over the crap.

goingoneight
8/28/2007, 01:13 AM
Seriously, Barry and Jimmy will be working on the NFL Sunday thing this year and Troy said "we're excited to have him with us" as soon as the news broke.

KantoSooner
8/28/2007, 02:21 AM
I was at the game when Aikman broke his leg and I'll tell you two things:
1. Oklahoma lost potentially the greatest quarterback in our history. Bar none.
2. Switzer lost his chance to move to a pro-style offense because he had to do what he could to salvage the season (and did pretty well, didn't he?) And, once he'd retooled back to the bone, he had to start the whole move to a passing attack thing over again....and he ran out of time to do it.

Maybe Aikman said things later, I don't know. While he was at OU, though, he played hard and well.

badger
8/28/2007, 09:39 AM
He's from Heryetta, and their "welcome to our city" sign says its his birthplace and all.

To be honest, I didn't like Barry Switzer much when I first came here. I always thought that his Cowboys (Dallas) were dirty when they played the Packers. Couldn't stand him.

And didn't he put the program on probation/bowl ban and cheat to win against Texas? Weren't his players, to quote SI, "terrorizing the campus," or am I confusing him with another Barry Switzer?

If I am mistaken, I do apologize. After all, I've only lived here recently, so my knowledge of OU history might be a little shaky, and might be a little biased because of the Dallas Cowboys' rivalry with Green Bay back in the 90s.

jkjsooner
8/28/2007, 09:47 AM
Aikman's time at OU did not start out very well at all. When Danny Bradley was hurt in '84, Aikman had to start as a true frosh against Kansas and played poorly. Quite a few OU fans then proceeded to make angry phone calls to Aikman blaming hi for ruining OU's season. I believe OU changed their policy and gave all players unlisted numbers after that.

My guess is that that experience stuck with Aikman and really who can blame him?

Full disclosure: I was a 13 year old brat who said "he got what he deserved" when reading the Daily Oklahoman article about the phone calls.... Luckily we all mature....

tulsaoilerfan
8/28/2007, 07:58 PM
He's from Heryetta, and their "welcome to our city" sign says its his birthplace and all.

To be honest, I didn't like Barry Switzer much when I first came here. I always thought that his Cowboys (Dallas) were dirty when they played the Packers. Couldn't stand him.

And didn't he put the program on probation/bowl ban and cheat to win against Texas? Weren't his players, to quote SI, "terrorizing the campus," or am I confusing him with another Barry Switzer?

If I am mistaken, I do apologize. After all, I've only lived here recently, so my knowledge of OU history might be a little shaky, and might be a little biased because of the Dallas Cowboys' rivalry with Green Bay back in the 90s.
Actually the sign says the hometown of Troy Aikman and Jim Shoulders, not that it's Troy's birthplace :D

westcoast_sooner
8/29/2007, 12:02 AM
I was always happy that a home grown kid could make it as big as Troy did. When he was at OU, I was upset he decided to transfer, but once Jamelle came on the scene, it was definitely in his best interest to transfer rather than ride the pine or try to run the Wishbone.

I always rooted for the Cowboys, especially when Troy was there, and the King was the coach, and still have a soft spot for them. He was a great player in the NFL, and IMO, deserving of the Hall of Fame.

I know he and Coach Switzer didn't see eye-to-eye on things, and IMO, Coach Switzer was always a better college coach. But their disagreements don't diminish their accomplishments on the field, at both levels.

Octavian
8/29/2007, 02:12 AM
this thread is incontrovertible evidence why the "submit reply" option just isn't for everyone

Scott D
8/29/2007, 05:30 AM
There is no Aikman...only Zuul.

Put me in the don't care category...good for him that he had a good career at UCLA after things didn't work out at OU. I dislike the Cowboys, but I dislike Emmitt the most out of the "triplets".

SoonerBOI
8/29/2007, 05:55 PM
I was watching Leno a few years back with my British wife who doesn't watch or know anything about football and has no idea who Aikman and he comes out as a guest on the show that night. After about 5 minutes she turns to me and asks "Is that guy gay?" I guess she saw something there.:D

I thought so too, LOL