PDA

View Full Version : Poke VS Georgia

The_Red_Patriot
8/27/2007, 10:30 AM
Will you support for the red headed step children in this one?

I think OSU will pull off the upset.

Remember what happened the last time Mark Richt coached against OU??

He still has nightmares of that game.

BOOMERBRADLEY
8/27/2007, 10:32 AM
Yeah he might...But that was OU

This is O state. That's a HUGE difference

The_Red_Patriot
8/27/2007, 10:36 AM
Oh I know. Im not comparing OSU/OU/Richt here.

On boards I read Georgia fans act like he is god.

Bob owned his *** that day.

fwsooner22
8/27/2007, 10:40 AM
Hope they win.....but they won't.........it will be an "almost".......which it always is

SoonerBOI
8/27/2007, 10:43 AM
Go Dawgs!

The Maestro
8/27/2007, 10:45 AM
OSU is a "live for the moment" kind of program. They has some talent and Georgia has been a slow starter a lot of times. OSU is definitely the "run down there and stud one of them cows" while OU is, "Walk down and stud them all." That said, I think the Pokes have a shot and I hope they give Georgia a game. We have to think "strength of schedule" in this day and age for poll position at the end of the year.

Rhino
8/27/2007, 10:52 AM
Richt was a lame duck in that MNC game. He was already one step into the Georgia job.

And I'll be rooting on the Dawgs. Not just because I hate the Pokes, but because Jawja is my second favorite team.

Taxman71
8/27/2007, 10:55 AM
Georgia has been known to lose to teams like the Citadel early in the year. I could see this thing going either way.

yermom
8/27/2007, 11:00 AM
i can't really root for the favorite to win, but i can't really root for the Pukes either

i'm just looking for the trainwreck. i would like to watch this one, it's lame that it basically starts when our game does

Mixer!
8/27/2007, 11:03 AM
Dawgs win, but don't cover.
Speaking of vBookie...

JohnnyMack
8/27/2007, 11:04 AM
Another Poke State moral victory is on tap.

Dawgs by 7.

Boomer.....
8/27/2007, 11:10 AM
Dawgs win, but don't cover.
x2

wishbonesooner
8/27/2007, 11:16 AM
I won't soon forget all the OSU fans dancing with glee like a bunch of little pixies when we lost to LSU and USC. I wouldn't root for OSU if they were playing Al Queda.

ultimatesooner1
8/27/2007, 11:22 AM
I won't soon forget all the OSU fans dancing with glee like a bunch of little pixies when we lost to LSU and USC. I wouldn't root for OSU if they were playing Al Queda.

same here

Norman Sooner
8/27/2007, 11:23 AM

I second that...

Fraggle145
8/27/2007, 11:32 AM
I will be going to that game (2nd favorite team and free travel to the gf's parents).

Since when under Richt has Georgia been a slow starter? his record is on pace to be damn near close to Stoops as far as wins and losses and 10 win seasons (his first non 10 win season was last year and he has 3 SEC east titles and 2 outright SEC titles).

Just a tip: UGA vs regular season non-conference foes under Richt. 21-0. Just sayin...

OSUAggie
8/27/2007, 11:52 AM
Earlier in the Summer, I had the Dawgs winning by 10-20.

They've lost about 9 players since then.

With 4 scholarship corners, 8 scholarship linemen, and inexperience glaring throughout the defense, I've changed my pick.

Pokes 27
Dawgs 24

OUmillenium
8/27/2007, 11:53 AM
I second that...

...thirds.

yukonsooner
8/27/2007, 12:26 PM
I only have 2 words to say Poke Choke - It happens every year & this one wont be any different.

soonermarkus
8/27/2007, 12:34 PM
I always want OSU to win in any game they play unless their winning could hurt OU which never happens...I'd much rather them be undefeated when we beat them than being just average....It's a much sweeter then.

rufnek05
8/27/2007, 12:39 PM
i'm generally pro- big twelve in these types of situations, but it always makes me laugh when osu looses the first game of the season when ever they think "its going to be a good year" kind of pre-seasons.

fadada1
8/27/2007, 12:45 PM
i know that, for some reason, folks seem to be on an osu lovefest leading into this season. let's remember folks, they're STILL osu, and they haven't done SQUAT in years. sure they snuck one past the goalie on us, and they made t-shirts and coins and bumperstickers and medallions and had general choas in the barn, they this game is STILL being played against GEORGIA. and even though uga hasn't done much as of late, they are STILL georgia.

i just don't see the fightin' gundys heading down between the hedges and walking away with a win. nothing would make me hungrier than to hear i'm suppose to lose to osu. i might be wrong, but i see uga putting a hurtin' on the pokes.

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
8/27/2007, 12:48 PM
I won't soon forget all the OSU fans dancing with glee like a bunch of little pixies when we lost to LSU and USC. I wouldn't root for OSU if they were playing Al Queda.Why was this thread even posted? Go DAWGS!

Fraggle145
8/27/2007, 01:50 PM
i know that, for some reason, folks seem to be on an osu lovefest leading into this season. let's remember folks, they're STILL osu, and they haven't done SQUAT in years. sure they snuck one past the goalie on us, and they made t-shirts and coins and bumperstickers and medallions and had general choas in the barn, they this game is STILL being played against GEORGIA. and even though uga hasn't done much as of late, they are STILL georgia.

i just don't see the fightin' gundys heading down between the hedges and walking away with a win. nothing would make me hungrier than to hear i'm suppose to lose to osu. i might be wrong, but i see uga putting a hurtin' on the pokes.

except win 2 outright SEC titles (3 east) in the last 6 years. including one in 2005. just sayin...

8/27/2007, 02:21 PM
...I'd much rather them be undefeated when we beat them Has that ever happened?(them being undefeated before we played them)

sooneron
8/27/2007, 02:35 PM
I prefer not to think about osu. However, I predict they will once again snatch defeat from the jaws of victory in true aggy fashion.

Piware
8/27/2007, 02:45 PM
I prefer not to think about osu. However, I predict they will once again snatch defeat from the jaws of victory in true aggy fashion.

It's the Cowboy way and they are sooooo good at it.

OSUAggie
8/27/2007, 02:55 PM
Has that ever happened?(them being undefeated before we played them)

Yes.

redshield3
8/27/2007, 03:00 PM
It's gonna be another Colorado - Georgia type game. OSU will come out strong, but Jaw-juh will win in the end.

8/27/2007, 03:08 PM
Yes.BC or AD?

OSUAggie
8/27/2007, 03:13 PM
It's happened 10 times, but not since WWII.

('10, '11, '12, '14, '32, '40, '41, '42, '43, '45)

Bourbon St Sooner
8/27/2007, 03:25 PM
Go Pokes!

Down with the SEC Circle Jerk!

JohnnyMack
8/27/2007, 03:43 PM
It's happened 10 times, but not since WWII.

('10, '11, '12, '14, '32, '40, '41, '42, '43, '45)

7 - 2 - 1

OSUAggie
8/27/2007, 03:46 PM
11% under your normal winning % against us.

(A couple of those games were the first of the season, making it somewhat difficult for us to have a loss, although maybe not impossible.)

JohnnyMack
8/27/2007, 04:00 PM
We're not having this discussion.

AllAboutThe'O'
8/28/2007, 05:14 PM
Georgia has been known to lose to teams like the Citadel early in the year. I could see this thing going either way.
You must be thinking of Arkansas instead; they've lost to The Citadel in the past. UGA really hasn't been knocked off by a lesser opponent 'tween the hedges, though CU came awfully close last year and UAB scared them a few years ago.

That said, I think OSU puts together a good showing but UGA pulls it out in the end.

picasso
8/28/2007, 05:27 PM
I predict Mike Gundy will be dressed like he's going golfing at an oSu reunion and his hair will be in usual block style. he will also look like he's been in need of sunscreen for 6 months.

I also predict Georgia fans will laugh at the oSu flaming logo.

Whet
8/28/2007, 06:16 PM
Using "stra-tee-ger-ee," any win by a Big XII team over a non-conference team would be good for OU and the Big XII, in the long term. As the season progresses and OU continues to move up in the polls with its wins, OU's quality of opponents will be important to the computer programs and the "sports" writers.

Think of pulling for these Big XII as taking that really awful tasting medicine and antibiotics - it leaves a nasty taste in your mouth, gives you the "shee-its", but in the long run, good for you......

soonercoop
8/28/2007, 06:37 PM
I agree Gundy looks like Teen Wolfe!!

Fraggle145
8/28/2007, 07:11 PM
You must be thinking of Arkansas instead; they've lost to The Citadel in the past. UGA really hasn't been knocked off by a lesser opponent 'tween the hedges, though CU came awfully close last year and UAB scared them a few years ago.

That said, I think OSU puts together a good showing but UGA pulls it out in the end.

...Just a tip: UGA vs regular season non-conference foes under Richt. 21-0. Just sayin...

sometimes i feel like i'm invisible. :D

KC//CRIMSON
8/28/2007, 07:55 PM
http://i147.photobucket.com/albums/r317/tankerboy23/Sooners/osu.gif

DIE AGGY!

SoonerBacker
8/28/2007, 09:17 PM
In response to the original question, there is no way I would EVER pull for oSu. I've heard all of the "State Pride" and Big Twelve arguments. I hear them constantly from the cowpukes. They would never pull for us. All they can do is celebrate when another team wins against us because they can only pull it off about once every 10 years!

goingoneight
8/28/2007, 09:44 PM
Why is everyone so hell-bent on rooting for Jaw-Juh? It's not like a Poke victory means anything. You think they're really going to the BCS? You really think an overrated wide receiver is going to the Heisman ceremony? You afraid it's going to affect the outcome of the Bed-dumb game, eleven games later, against the best coach in the business, IN NORMAN?
Nothing against the dawgs, I'd just love to see the media melt down if a BIG 12 team upsets an SEC powerhouse on day one of the "year of the SEC: GREATEST CONFERENCE EVAR!!!" love-fest.
If the pokes choke, it's not like it's anything new or exciting.

sooner2b09
8/28/2007, 09:49 PM
Pokes lose in front of their New half empty stadium!

SapulpaSooner
8/28/2007, 09:57 PM
Georgia 31 OSU 26

roostercogburn
8/28/2007, 10:49 PM

Me either!

goingoneight
8/28/2007, 10:53 PM
Pokes lose in front of their New half empty stadium!

That would be next year. This year it's in between the hedges.

william_brasky
8/28/2007, 11:14 PM
If OState prevails, imagine the level of Poke Pride in the state of Oklahoma. Oh jeez.

r5TPsooner
8/28/2007, 11:16 PM
I'll say Georgia by at least two touchdowns. However, if OSU shocks the world and somehow wins, I will not be the least bit disappointed.

goingoneight
8/28/2007, 11:26 PM
If OState prevails, imagine the level of Poke Pride in the state of Oklahoma. Oh jeez.

They'll disappear like they always do after another 40-50 point arse-whoopin' in Nompton. :cool:

ouwasp
8/29/2007, 12:33 AM
I gotta admit I sorta like Mike and some of their players...

But the poke fans I know deserve a beatdown. Boy I hope there's no moral victory to be had.... may the pokes either win outright or be thrashed by 24.

I bet osu wins. Just because I don't want them to. Kinda like Hillary.

goingoneight
8/29/2007, 12:49 AM
I talked to a whole litter of OSU fans last weekend over at a friends party in Tulsey town. They were all college age. Get this... each and every person I talked to ripped me for my OU jersey, and said we had "classless" and the "rudest, most out of control fans in all sports." I say whatever, it's a party... I let them be drunk and have their fun.
I go outside and they're talking about an "OU player got shot and killed the other day." I told them who it was... what happened and that I thought it was sad.
ONE out of 13 people agreed with me. Here's what the rest had to offer me that left me :mad:
"Damn, I wish it was Allen Patrick." :mad:
"Looks like they still don't have a quarterback!" :mad: :mad:
"Stoops probably shot him for visiting Texas." :mad: :mad: :mad:
"Serves him right (I'm guessing that had somethign to do with him being an OU recruit)..." :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

I know in my mind that not all fans are like this... but don't ever let the Stillwater Klan tell you OUr fans are "the worst" or "classless." People are freaking mean when it comes to sports. :mad:

That said, my friends, who I was with, are fence-sitters. They like Stoops and OU until OSU plays them. And that's cool with me... because that's all that matters between "rivals" is what gets done on the field. I've got good family and friends who are :stunned:, we rib eachother from time to time. I also think even though people laugh at me for saying it... Gumby's going to be good for them (by their standards, 8-10-win seasons) and has tried his damndest to live by innocent until proven guilty, and boots players when they are guilty. That's what I admire about Stoops and Gundy. I plead the fifth about Richt, because I don't follow them enough to know about him or his fans.

8/29/2007, 01:20 AM
http://i147.photobucket.com/albums/r317/tankerboy23/Sooners/osu.gif

DIE AGGY!Well, Duh!

Jewstin
8/29/2007, 02:17 AM
I used to go to school at OSU for a couple years (different major ... actually, long story short, I kind of chased a girl there). It was difficult being an OU fan up there.

Anywho, I heard some of the most hysterical stories from their fanbase. The things they would claim OU fans did/said at games is a riot. I remember one story, in particular, about how an OU fan "ran over" some OSU girl on her way to the 2001 ****** game, then instead of stopping to help her and call the police, he drove off screaming, "that's what you get for being an OSU fan!" Of course, the major hole in all of this is that it occurred on Lindsey, south of the stadium ... which we all know is closed down on gameday and impossible ...

Yeah. Good stuff. Also, evidently, everyone of our "hillbilly fans and students" also dips and summarily spits it on opposing team fans/players. (I found this one particularly funny considering the source.)

Fraggle145
8/29/2007, 02:43 AM
Why is everyone so hell-bent on rooting for Jaw-Juh? ....

2 reasons:

1) I hate aggy and everything about them, especially the fact that they find ways to be proud of sucking. They are the poster children for that everyone gets a trophy for playing crap. And their insults are the gayest things I've ever heard. Everytime I hear one say gooners I want to break the remaining teeth out of its skull.

2) I went to Georgia for my Masters.

Fraggle145
8/29/2007, 02:50 AM
I talked to a whole litter of OSU fans last weekend over at a friends party in Tulsey town. They were all college age. Get this... each and every person I talked to ripped me for my OU jersey, and said we had "classless" and the "rudest, most out of control fans in all sports." I say whatever, it's a party... I let them be drunk and have their fun.
I go outside and they're talking about an "OU player got shot and killed the other day." I told them who it was... what happened and that I thought it was sad.
ONE out of 13 people agreed with me. Here's what the rest had to offer me that left me :mad:
"Serves him right (I'm guessing that had somethign to do with him being an OU recruit)..." :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

I know in my mind that not all fans are like this... but don't ever let the Stillwater Klan tell you OUr fans are "the worst" or "classless." People are freaking mean when it comes to sports. :mad:

That said, my friends, who I was with, are fence-sitters. They like Stoops and OU until OSU plays them. And that's cool with me... because that's all that matters between "rivals" is what gets done on the field. I've got good family and friends who are :stunned:, we rib eachother from time to time. I also think even though people laugh at me for saying it... Gumby's going to be good for them (by their standards, 8-10-win seasons) and has tried his damndest to live by innocent until proven guilty, and boots players when they are guilty. That's what I admire about Stoops and Gundy. I plead the fifth about Richt, because I don't follow them enough to know about him or his fans.

Richt is just about the classiest guy you could have coaching for you. doesnt swear and wont allow it to go on around him, etc, etc, etc... has very high standards. He tries to bring up some bad seeds, but has his players on a tight leash. He'll give you a second chance, but after that its buh-bye. He probably wouldnt take a chance on an alleged child rapist a la Gundy. Georgia fans can be obnoxious, but not any more than most other fan bases.

as far as them being fence sitters, if you have to find someone to root for because you are always getting your brains kicked in and its your supposed rival (I say supposed here for obvious reasons, 77-17-7), well thats just sad.

OSUAggie
8/29/2007, 09:47 AM

So...

You wore a jersey to a party?

Taxman71
8/29/2007, 10:23 AM
2 reasons:

1) I hate aggy and everything about them, especially the fact that they find ways to be proud of sucking. They are the poster children for that everyone gets a trophy for playing crap. And their insults are the gayest things I've ever heard. Everytime I hear one say gooners I want to break the remaining teeth out of its skull.

I think throwing a press conference to show off what their lockers WILL LOOK LIKE in 10 years was extremely ghey. Oh, and referring to us as squatters always makes me laugh.

birddog
8/29/2007, 10:28 AM

do you really need to know why people are pulling for georgia?

OSUAggie
8/29/2007, 10:37 AM
I think throwing a press conference to show off what their lockers WILL LOOK LIKE in 10 years was extremely ghey. Oh, and referring to us as squatters always makes me laugh.

Is it 1998?

picasso
8/29/2007, 11:21 AM
but but, they support all their sports.:rolleyes:

picasso
8/29/2007, 11:23 AM
Is it 1998?
you wish.

Jeopardude
8/29/2007, 11:58 AM
11% under your normal winning % against us.

(A couple of those games were the first of the season, making it somewhat difficult for us to have a loss, although maybe not impossible.)

This is why Aggies make me laugh. They try to use statistics to pretend they don't suck.

DalHorn
8/29/2007, 12:06 PM
okie lite is in for a big wakeup after all the preseason hype.

dawgs 35 o-lite 13

mojohornfan
8/29/2007, 12:25 PM
OSU will win this game.

OSUAggie
8/29/2007, 12:36 PM
This is why Aggies make me laugh. They try to use statistics to pretend they don't suck.

It was a joke.

picasso
8/29/2007, 12:37 PM
It was a joke.
that's a gray area with most Pokers.

I'm still laughing at a friend of mine who tried to tell me that after a recent visit he and his wife think Owen field isn't nearly as nice as Boone Pickens Stadium.

Jeopardude
8/29/2007, 12:40 PM
It was a joke.

It did make me laugh.

Georgia - 45
OSU - 31

MiccoMacey
8/29/2007, 12:44 PM
I'm taking the Pokes.

38-31 OSU

The_Red_Patriot
8/29/2007, 12:52 PM
Pokes--38-34

def_lazer_fc
8/29/2007, 12:53 PM
if osu shows up with any sort of defense this season, i'll pick them over georgia.

Thousands Strong
8/30/2007, 01:47 PM
Go Cowboys! Hope they can pull it off.

sooner-n-ga
8/30/2007, 02:22 PM

The above statement got me to thinking as a sooner fan in Georgia and I went back and checked on the dawgs from 1980 until now, they haven't lost to the Citadel or a Citadel type team in 26 years. Where did you get your info and what do you have to back up your statement ? Here's mine.

http://www.sicemdawgs.com/football/sched/fb_sch.php

I did notice that they have beaten one team that embarrassed our sooners in the last game they played. No matter how we sugar coat it, losing to Boise is not what Oklahoma football is all about.

8/30/2007, 02:29 PM
Go Cowboys! Hope they can pull it off.They will pull off their usual moral victory.

birddog
8/30/2007, 02:31 PM
The above statement got me to thinking as a sooner fan in Georgia and I went back and checked on the dawgs from 1980 until now, they haven't lost to the Citadel or a Citadel type team in 26 years. Where did you get your info and what do you have to back up your statement ? Here's mine.

No matter how we sugar coat it, losing to Boise is not what Oklahoma football is all about.

i know, it's crazy how many people i've seen saying OU football is all about losing to boise state. :rolleyes:

JohnnyMack
8/30/2007, 02:38 PM

I did notice that they have beaten one team that embarrassed our sooners in the last game they played. No matter how we sugar coat it, losing to Boise is not what Oklahoma football is all about.

Arkansas, Georgia, what's the difference? ;)

Taxman71
8/30/2007, 02:39 PM

I was thinking of Arkansas in 1992, who then proceeded to pound S. Carolina (lost mucho $$ that game)...I was thinking Georgia. Sorry, my mind was drenched in accounting classes, Gary Gibbs Kickar$e football, the Diceman and Little Kings during that periord.

meoveryouxinfinity
8/30/2007, 03:15 PM
If there is anyone more over rated than Bowman/ Ried/ Toston/ etc, it's Stafford.

OSU loses a nice lead late. 31-28 UGA

birddog
9/1/2007, 07:27 PM
there may be a thread. i don't know. we're all rusty on the opening weekend.

score? updates please.

85sooners
9/1/2007, 07:35 PM
:confused:

birddog
9/1/2007, 07:43 PM
:confused:

:confused: they're playing right now. i don't have the game here. just asking for updates for those watching it.

MichiganSooner
9/1/2007, 08:10 PM
OSU, with the world's greatest offense, goes 3 and out the first series.
The center promptly hikes the ball over his punter's head! Dawwwwwggs take over-one play-TOUCHDOWN GEORGIA!!!!

Time for the Sooners to start. Now I will watch some real football.

MichiganSooner
9/1/2007, 08:42 PM
3rd Quarter.

Adarius Bowman absolutely hammered on the sideline dropping the throw. Next play, Bobby Reid dumped.

Georgia 35, Pukes 14

MichiganSooner
9/1/2007, 08:50 PM
After watching the "world's greatest offense" stars get stuffed on those 2 plays, switched back to the team with the horrible quarterback controversy. You know, we have 3 guys, you know, we don't know who we might play, they are probably pretty equal, you know, we might never know but we'll know when we know....56-0 and counting.

Golly, gee, are we running up the score?

MichiganSooner
9/1/2007, 09:11 PM
Final Georgia 35, Pukes 14.

Announcers commentary, "A rough day for Bobby Reid", "The Cowboys will win their fair share of games this year" (maybe Baylor and Florida Atlantic), and the classic parting shot, "It was all red today", just what cowboy fans love to hear.

So much for channel flipping every 20 minutes. OU 56-NTexas 3.

85sooners
9/1/2007, 10:19 PM
:D