PDA

View Full Version : Reports: Owen Wilson hospitalized after suicide attempt

colleyvillesooner
8/27/2007, 10:02 AM
http://www.wfaa.com/sharedcontent/dws/wfaa/latestnews/stories/wfaa070827_ac_wilson.75c28582.html

Dallas native Owen Wilson has been hospitalized in California following a possible suicide attempt, according to several reports.

The actor remained hospitalized in Los Angeles Monday morning.

People Magazine reports police responded to a "medical assistance call" at his house Sunday.

Last night Wilson's brothers, Andrew and Luke, as well as his parents were seen at the hospital.

The National Enquirer reports both of Wilson's wrists were slashed and he'd taken an overdose of pills. Similar reports were posted on several other celebrity gossip and news sites.

There has been no comment from his family or representatives.

Wilson, 38, is the star of movies like "Wedding Crashers," “Zoolander,” "You, Me and Dupree" and “The Royal Tenenbaums,” for which he earned a writing Academy Award nomination.

yermom
8/27/2007, 10:07 AM
crazy.

XingTheRubicon
8/27/2007, 10:16 AM
that wasn't in his 50 year plan

sooneron
8/27/2007, 10:29 AM
That's too bad. I hope this doesn't turn him into some freakshow oddity like so many stars these days.

Boomer.....
8/27/2007, 10:32 AM
I heard that this morning on tv and radio, but didn't find much online. They said that it may have been because of his breakup with Kate Hudson. What's odd is that he was the one that broke up with her.

KC//CRIMSON
8/27/2007, 10:35 AM
The National Enquirer

C&CDean
8/27/2007, 10:39 AM
If dude was serious about offing himself he'd have cut off his nose. That would be a bleeder than could never be stopped.

yermom
8/27/2007, 10:49 AM
damn Dean that's harsh :D

Tulsa_Fireman
8/27/2007, 11:10 AM
It looks like a penis.

Probably why he couldn't get the gumption to do it.

KC//CRIMSON
8/29/2007, 09:42 PM
Owen Wilson was reportedly struggling with depression and hooked on heroin and cocaine, and it was his drug addiction that caused his breakup with Kate Hudson. And who's to blame for all this? Apparently some British guy named Steve Coogan. The New York Post reports:

"I went through it with Steve," Coogan's former girlfriend, rocker Courtney Love, told US.

"I was just out of rehab, and he was right there with the drugs. I tried to warn Owen. I tried to warn his friends. I hope from the bottom of my heart that Owen stays the hell away from that guy."

Wilson's addiction was so severe, his pal Woody Harrelson tried to stage an intervention at his home in Maui.

"Owen went to Maui, Hawaii, to kick his habit," a longtime Wilson pal told the mag. "He was like a baby on that couch."

The friend said that heroin was the first thing that came to mind when Wilson and Hudson split and he suddenly "disappeared off the face of the earth."

"I thought, briefly, he might be back on heroin, but we all really felt he'd kicked that ages ago," his friend said.

It's bad enough this Steve Coogan guy basically made Owen Wilson want to kill himself, but you seriously have to reexamine your life if Courtney Love calls you a bad influence. I saw her make out with a hypodermic needles once and the only complaint she had was that it was "kind of pokey." -SF

colleyvillesooner
8/30/2007, 07:22 AM
Wow.