PDA

View Full Version : Summerslam doth sucketh

badger
8/27/2007, 09:34 AM
Any wrestling fans out there?

Well, NP and I hosted a little "watch Summerslam" party, thinking that it was going to be a cool little pay per view.

It had its highlights. We got to see a little Mexican wrestler in a mask come out like the silver surfer in silver body paint. We got to see Triple H return after almost a year of rehabbing yet another injured knee.

However, we also had to watch the rest, which was...

1- Two roided up big guys waddle around the ring doing nothing for 15 minutes, till the crowd in attendance chants "boring" and starts the wave.
2- 20 chicks screaming as they roll out of the ring in a battle royal. Definitely not as cool as it may sound to some of you guys.
3- The same conclusion to the pay per view as every pay per view ended this year--- the same guy winning, the same guy holding the belt high as the show closes.

At least Stone Cold Steve Austin got to chug beer, just like our living room full of Sooner fans.

bri
8/27/2007, 01:11 PM
Meh, I didn't think it was that bad, overall. (It certainly wasn't as bad as Vengance.) I don't have a problem with SuperCena keeping the strap against all odds because I enjoy seeing smarks have rage kittens every week. The Austin surprise let me pop like a girl, and I marked out so hard for Trips' new entrance that I had to flip back over to the PPV channel when it ran again two hours later. Batista/Khali was what it was, a chance to use the bathroom. The only thing that left me going, "srsly, wtf?" was Punk jobbing to Morrison again.

Joey Mercury, you have a call from Marty Janetty on the white courtesy phone...

rufnek05
8/27/2007, 01:14 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h6pRbwu4Pf0 ??????

bri
8/27/2007, 01:17 PM
Holy crap, that's super funny dude. We've never seen that clip!

Plus, it's 1:17 pm...shouldn't you be getting blackout drunk and stoned or something?

Tulsa_Fireman
8/27/2007, 01:23 PM
IT'S STILL REAL TO ME, DAMMIT.

rufnek05
8/27/2007, 01:24 PM
Holy crap, that's super funny dude. We've never seen that clip!

Plus, it's 1:17 pm...shouldn't you be getting blackout drunk and stoned or something?

Really? its be out of a while now.

and if it was thursday yes, but i have class at 3:20.

bri
8/27/2007, 01:26 PM
Aw, snap. I hate it when stuff gets in the way of a good midday drunk.

jk the sooner fan
8/27/2007, 01:26 PM
Really? its be out of a while now.

and if it was thursday yes, but i have class at 3:20.

its good to know you only hurt on thursdays.....

Tulsa_Fireman
8/27/2007, 01:28 PM
Bri, Rufnek...

I just wanna thank each and every one of y'all for what you've done to your bodies.

rufnek05
8/27/2007, 01:31 PM
Aw, snap. I hate it when stuff gets in the way of a good midday drunk.

i know, class is a pain in the ***.

bri
8/27/2007, 01:33 PM
Bri, Rufnek...

I just wanna thank each and every one of y'all for what you've done to your bodies.

Man, I was just hoping that someone would come along and transcribe the hilarious video that I've never seen before for me, 'cause I'm at work and can't hear audio. You guys are the BEST!

NormanPride
8/27/2007, 01:33 PM
Crap. My wife posts on the SO now? I am so screwed.

rufnek05
8/27/2007, 01:35 PM
Man, I was just hoping that someone would come along and transcribe the hilarious video that I've never seen before for me, 'cause I'm at work and can't hear audio. You guys are the BEST!

*sad old man starts to cry while listening to old has beens talk about the glory days of wrestling* "it's still real to me damnit"

YW

Tulsa_Fireman
8/27/2007, 01:38 PM
Didja catch the part where someone off-camera tells him to take it easy?

It was moving.

bri
8/27/2007, 01:45 PM
Man, there's never a kitten stuck in a tree with a big bag of pot around when you need one.

rufnek05
8/27/2007, 01:48 PM
ain't that the truth

Scott D
8/27/2007, 01:55 PM
Didja catch the part where someone off-camera tells him to take it easy?

It was moving.

that was touching footage of you that was shared on youtube...we're all verkempt because of it

Hatfield
8/27/2007, 02:05 PM
i miss the good ole days, where the bad guys were bad...the good guys were good and everyone bled

bri
8/27/2007, 02:08 PM
Yeah, I like some old-school bloodletting as well, but there's a downside to it. Dusty Rhodes' forehead looks like a bag of vaginas from 30 years of blading. :eek:

KABOOKIE
8/27/2007, 02:14 PM
All you pro-wrassolin geeks are about one rung higher on the dip**** ladder than those dog fighting thugs.

:pop:

rufnek05
8/27/2007, 02:14 PM
heh.

bri
8/27/2007, 02:18 PM
All you pro-wrassolin geeks are about one rung higher on the dip**** ladder than those dog fighting thugs.

:pop:

Hmmmmm...

a) Participants in an illegal activity
b) People who watch scripted entertainment on the TV

Yeah, those belong together. After all, I can't possibly debate your innate expertise of all things "dipsh*t".

NormanPride
8/27/2007, 02:26 PM
Yeah, at least sometimes the underdog wins in the dogfights. :D

bri
8/27/2007, 02:31 PM
IF FIDO WINS, WE RIOT

jk the sooner fan
8/27/2007, 02:32 PM
Yeah, at least sometimes the underdog is allowed to win in the dogfights. :D

fixed ;)

NormanPride
8/27/2007, 02:41 PM
fixed ;)

:les: THOSE DOGS BLEED REAL BLOOD!

;)

KABOOKIE
8/27/2007, 03:46 PM
Hmmmmm...

a) Participants in an illegal activity
b) People who watch scripted entertainment on the TV

Yeah, those belong together. After all, I can't possibly debate your innate expertise of all things "dipsh*t".

Mmmmm. 2 forms of entertainment where the audience gets it’s jollies watching violence be it faux or fo’ reals. Maybe you can debate that association while slamming a folding chair on your noggin’.

bri
8/27/2007, 03:54 PM
Mmmmm. 2 forms of entertainment where the audience gets it’s jollies watching violence be it faux or fo’ reals. Maybe you can debate that association while slamming a folding chair on your noggin’.

So, do you hold the same view for all action movies? Or, you know, football? 'Cause if not, you've just been upgraded from "dipsh*t" to "hypocrite"...

NormanPride
8/27/2007, 03:56 PM
Yeah, football's bad. I mean, at least wrestling's fake. Football, though... those guys really want to hurt the other guys. ****ed up.

KABOOKIE
8/27/2007, 04:07 PM
So, do you hold the same view for all action movies? Or, you know, football? 'Cause if not, you've just been upgraded from "dipsh*t" to "hypocrite"...

One rung buddy. I may be 2 or 3 rungs above it but, you sir are stuck at one. And being I have touched a nerve I'd say you're currently on a chute to ****yville too.

bri
8/27/2007, 04:11 PM
Whatever helps you sleep at night, hypocrite.

Pricetag
8/27/2007, 04:12 PM
One rung buddy. I may be 2 or 3 rungs above it but, you sir are stuck at one. And being I have touched a nerve I'd say you're currently on a chute to ****yville too.
Well, pin a rose on your nose. Do you care to address his point, though? There are plenty of types of conventional entertainment that feature the same kind of stuff as wrestling.

KABOOKIE
8/27/2007, 04:14 PM
Whatever helps you sleep at night, hypocrite.

At least my pillow doesn't have teeth marks.

Tulsa_Fireman
8/27/2007, 04:15 PM
There are plenty of types of conventional entertainment that feature the same kind of stuff as wrestling.

Like...

*snicker*

Soap operas...

*snicker*

bri
8/27/2007, 04:15 PM
Wait, am I a dogfighting thug or gay? You're gonna have to be consistent in your personal attacks, hypocrite.

Tulsa_Fireman
8/27/2007, 04:17 PM
Can dogfighters not be gay?

C&CDean
8/27/2007, 04:17 PM
Well, pin a rose on your nose. Do you care to address his point, though? There are plenty of types of conventional entertainment that feature the same kind of stuff as wrestling.

Timeout now.

I honestly can't think of another form of entertainment that features oddly named roided out men in tights diving off top ropes onto tables and each other.

The closest entertainment to wrasslin' would be theater.

C&CDean
8/27/2007, 04:18 PM
And let's ease up on the wrasslin' esque namecalling.

bri
8/27/2007, 04:19 PM
Well, when pointing out someone outstanding hypocracy, "hypocrite" isn't namecalling so much as just another adjective. :D

NormanPride
8/27/2007, 04:46 PM
I find it strange that my wife got me into this.

TexasLidig8r
8/27/2007, 04:47 PM
Most important thing though.. how did Lillian Garcia look?

bri
8/27/2007, 04:49 PM
What the f*ck is this bitch doing in this thread?

bri
8/27/2007, 04:50 PM
I find it strange that my wife got me into this.

Get used to it. :D

rufnek05
8/27/2007, 04:55 PM
bri, you have struck me as an intelligent person. i find it difficult to fathom that some like you can watch, as Dean put it, a 'roided out soap opera.

what makes it so entertaining to watch?

KABOOKIE
8/27/2007, 05:05 PM

Oh my bad. I forgot I was the one exhibiting outstanding hypocrisy. I'm not the one trying to link football to dog fighting. A sport that ask it's participants to showcase their skill and talents to achieve their goal rather than intentional violence. Nah. Two hillbillies wearing fluorescent panties, jacked up on more juice than Bonds did his entire career and beating the ever livin' snot out of each other is a bigger stretch. JHC, I don't know if an Eagle Scout could have tied a bigger knot in those panties.

NormanPride
8/27/2007, 05:16 PM
I like acrobatics. I like improv acting. I like crowd interaction. I kind of like watching people beat the crap out of each other while knowing that it's all staged.

KABOOKIE
8/27/2007, 05:27 PM
http://img214.imageshack.us/img214/4127/ladderzp2.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

r5TPsooner
8/27/2007, 05:33 PM
I can't believe that Vince let Khali and Cena walk out with the straps.

Does anyone have the HHH entrance? I hope that he still comes out to Motorhead.

bri
8/27/2007, 05:46 PM
Oh my bad. I forgot I was the one exhibiting outstanding hypocrisy. I'm not the one trying to link football to dog fighting. A sport that ask it's participants to showcase their skill and talents to achieve their goal rather than intentional violence. Nah. Two hillbillies wearing fluorescent panties, jacked up on more juice than Bonds did his entire career and beating the ever livin' snot out of each other is a bigger stretch. JHC, I don't know if an Eagle Scout could have tied a bigger knot in those panties.

No, you're the one trying to link a scripted entertainment show to dogfighting.

Look, it's your right to not like rasslin'. It's your right to think it's stupid and gaytarded and whatever. But it's not your right to be a total thundering ********* about it.

jk the sooner fan
8/27/2007, 05:47 PM
too easy......

Pricetag
8/27/2007, 05:53 PM
Timeout now.

I honestly can't think of another form of entertainment that features oddly named roided out men in tights diving off top ropes onto tables and each other.

The closest entertainment to wrasslin' would be theater.
Heh, I should have said some of the same kind of stuff as wrestling.

NormanPride
8/27/2007, 06:16 PM
http://img214.imageshack.us/img214/4127/ladderzp2.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

Meh. I've seen better troll execution.

3/10 :D

badger
8/27/2007, 06:59 PM
I would like to assure my husband (NormanPride, n00bz) that I do not read South Oval, unless its a thread I start. There are too many weird threads here to keep track of.

I would have to say that UFC would be closer to dogfighting than WWE, as UFC competitors are put in a cage and told to beat eachother up until a ref separates them. However, one could argue that at least UFC has rules and regulations disallowing moves that could seriously injure (or kill) competitors.

The reason I like wrestling is the storylines. The wrestling itself isn't as fun as it used to be.

Sooner24
8/27/2007, 07:48 PM
Maybe Dean can get a wrestling ring at the first tailgate and Bri and Kabookie can have a no holds barred match.