PDA

View Full Version : The Sugar Bowl/National Title Game Should Be Moved Out Of New Orleans

FaninAma
8/26/2007, 05:46 PM
Yes, the NO residents deserve all of our support after Katrina but for whatever reason fed, state and city officials aren't getting the job done(even in the area of personal safety) in the rebuilding of the city. I know I would be very hesitant to take any of my family members to the Sugar Bowl even if OU were in the title game.
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070826/ap_on_re_us/after_katrina_my_hometown_1

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
8/26/2007, 05:50 PM
New orleans should just be left alone, and rename Baton Rouge: New Baton rouge.

jthomasou78
8/26/2007, 06:01 PM
The areas you wouldnt want to go into now, are the same areas you wouldnt have gone to the last time the national tile was in new orleans. The area down around the Super Dome is great you should have no worries taking your family there.

This guy is whining about problems that existed before Katrina. New orleans economy was dominated by the tourism industry. It wasnt diversified then ,and now its paying the consequences.

r5TPsooner
8/26/2007, 06:03 PM
Personally, I wouldn't have gone to that dump of a city before Katrina hit.

batonrougesooner
8/26/2007, 08:51 PM
New orleans should just be left alone, and rename Baton Rouge: New Baton rouge.

Baton Rouge is more appropriately named West New Orleans now.

SOONER STEAKER
8/26/2007, 09:42 PM
Hogwash. People are getting gunned down 5 blocks from he Superdome. That game should be moved to Atlanta like the Sugar Bowl the same year as Katrina.

royalfan5
8/26/2007, 09:56 PM
Real fans wouldn't be scared about getting shot.

goingoneight
8/26/2007, 10:20 PM
My opinon is the National Championship should be on a different site every single year. And the highest bidder gets it. Meaning it's never at the Rose two years in a row, and it doesn't always have to be in one of the four BCS bowl sites. There would be some crazy money out there from NFL stadiums like Jerry World, Pro Player stadium, Glendale, etc. to get an MNC game in their house. And teams like USC and LSU would rarely benefit from the title being in their own backyard. The only thing that would suck is if, say that DID happen... like Texas someday getting an MNC in the Cowboys stadium or soemthign like that where it ends up a whorn bowl.

8/27/2007, 12:36 AM
Baton Rouge is more appropriately named West New Orleans now.No surprise. BR is above sea level, I understand.It's smart to build cities above sea level.

Soonerus
8/27/2007, 12:39 AM
I will go again if it is OU vs. LSU in the Sugar Bowl...

8/27/2007, 12:56 AM
...And teams like USC and LSU would rarely benefit from the title being in their own backyard. The only thing that would suck is if, say that DID happen... like Texas someday getting an MNC in the Cowboys stadium or soemthign like that where it ends up a whorn bowl.WHOA! WAIT! Did I just read a backhanded slap at OU playing every year in that "neutral" field in the TX state fairgrounds IN DALLAS, for godssakes?

yermom
8/27/2007, 01:09 AM
OU in Dallas for an MNC would be like a home game, just like it would be for Texass

i still have hope that the Cotton Bowl will be in the BCS eventually

8/27/2007, 01:18 AM
OU in Dallas for an MNC would be like a home game, JUST LIKE IT WOULD BE FOR TEXASS!

Oh, REALLY?!?!?! Fairly convenient, yes, but not a home game like it is for the whorns.

Rhino
8/27/2007, 01:24 AM
I have zero desire or motivation to go see us play in any bowl game in New Orleans in the next couple decades.

yermom
8/27/2007, 01:26 AM
if we make it, i'll be there

goingoneight
8/27/2007, 01:32 AM
WHOA! WAIT! Did I just read a backhanded slap at OU playing every year in that "neutral" field in the TX state fairgrounds IN DALLAS, for godssakes?

Fark, no... it was a reference to the game's biggest event being somewhere besides team A's backyard. Sometimes, it just works out that a team plays it in virtually their home crowd... this might be a way to minimize it, though. melikes the RRS right where it is.

Fraggle145
8/27/2007, 01:33 AM
i still have hope that the Cotton Bowl will be in the BCS eventually

Me too :( . I think it has a better shot now that it is at Jerry World.

yermom
8/27/2007, 01:39 AM
i wonder how many organs i'd have to sell to get Super Bowl tickets :D

goingoneight
8/27/2007, 01:54 AM

Sell that kidney that Malcom Kelly once gave you. :D

Fraggle145
8/27/2007, 01:59 AM

I'd just have to sell one. :eek: :hot:

goingoneight
8/27/2007, 02:02 AM
... half of one, here... :D

TexasLidig8r
8/27/2007, 08:33 AM
Oh, REALLY?!?!?! Fairly convenient, yes, but not a home game like it is for the whorns.

How so? Besides saying Dallas is in Texas and UT is in Texas.

OU and UT are equidistant from the Cotton Bowl.

Yes, there are many UT alums here because there are many jobs here. There a many OU alums who work here as well. (well. except that Dallas lunch crew).

Texas is a much more diverse athletic state with loyalties split among college and pro teams in every sport, unlike the State of Oklahoma which pretty much derives its athletic identity from OU football alone.

sooner n houston
8/27/2007, 08:57 AM
The State of Oklahoma pretty much derives its athletic identity from OU football alone.

Go explain that to the pokes will ya?

TIA!

:D

8/27/2007, 10:17 AM
How so? Besides saying Dallas is in Texas and UT is in Texas.

OU and UT are equidistant from the Cotton Bowl.

Yes, there are many UT alums here because there are many jobs here. There a many OU alums who work here as well. (well. except that Dallas lunch crew).

Texas is a much more diverse athletic state with loyalties split among college and pro teams in every sport, unlike the State of Oklahoma which pretty much derives its athletic identity from OU football alone.sssszzZZZZZZzzzzzzz.....zzzzzz...TEXAS!!!---NOT NEUTRAL!!!

NormanPride
8/27/2007, 10:35 AM
:pop:

MamaMia
8/27/2007, 10:58 AM
i wonder how many organs i'd have to sell to get Super Bowl tickets :D...and a Baby Grand or two. I didn't even know you were in the music business.

yermom
8/27/2007, 11:01 AM
i wasn't necessarily talking about my organs

Fraggle145
8/27/2007, 11:42 AM
i wasn't necessarily talking about my organs

heh. good thing :eek:

Petro-Sooner
8/27/2007, 12:01 PM
Personally, I wouldn't have gone to that dump of a city before Katrina hit.

Bingo!!

Piware
8/27/2007, 02:53 PM
Yes, the NO residents deserve all of our support after Katrina but for whatever reason fed, state and city officials aren't getting the job done(even in the area of personal safety) in the rebuilding of the city. I know I would be very hesitant to take any of my family members to the Sugar Bowl even if OU were in the title game.
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070826/ap_on_re_us/after_katrina_my_hometown_1

It needs to leave New Orleans. Went to a Saints game with a friend who had season tickets several years before Katrina. Her wallet was stolen in the crowd as we were leaving the stadium. It was semi-dangerous then, it's way worse now.

mikeelikee
8/27/2007, 04:20 PM
I have no interest in going back there any time soon. By the way, the bastage who shot and killed our recruit Herman Mitchell was a transplant from New Orleans. Human excrement, IMO.

The Maestro
8/27/2007, 04:22 PM
Well, I watched an HBO documentary about the day the levees broke and I learned a few things from it.

1. George W. Bush causes hurricanes
2. It's George W. Bush's fault they built a city on the coast below sea level

What an ***!

Yeah, I was in NO in 2003 or 2004, whatever the freaking year was we were down there. Unimpressed then. That city needed a good bath and just got more dirty water on it. I feel bad for the people, I really do. But I wouldn't want the national title game to be in Earlsboro, either.

Bourbon St Sooner
8/28/2007, 09:35 AM
Never mind me. Just passing through.