PDA

View Full Version : Future Sooner flips off the President

stoopified
8/26/2007, 04:30 PM
Joe Don Looney the famous,make that infamous head case who played for Bud,once flipped off President George H.W. Bush.Seems in his teen years he was playing Pony League baseball and was his custom even back then,he got in touble.His coach suspended him a nd upon his return he hita game winning homerun to lead his team to the state title.As he stepped on home plate he looked over at his coach and flipped him off.His coach of course later went on to be President and get flipped off by a lot of people. :)

Another thing that occurred to me was that if Sooner fans and for that matter UT fans think the police in Austin have been busy this year,1966 was worse.Two coeds Shirley Stark annd Susan Rigsby vanished and were later found to have been strangled to death by UT student James Cross of Ft. Worth who was described as being BRIGHT AS HELL.A few weeks later another girl turned up dead,this one was strangled by her boyfriend Bill White a sportswriter for THE UT DAILY TEXAN.August 1 1966 was the capper.UT student Charles Whitman climbed the UT Library Tower armed to the teeth and killed sixteen people and wounded thirtyone others.Compared to that ,whats a little DUI and dope-smoking?

These stories and others are in RUNNING WITH THE BIG DOGS which I just finished.It is written by a UT grad but was pretty well balanced collection of stories about OU and UT and their rivalry,campus goings on, and characters.

fadada1
8/26/2007, 05:29 PM
but texas still sucks, right???

sooner n houston
8/26/2007, 06:09 PM
but texas still sucks, right???

Yes, yes they do! :D

goingoneight
8/26/2007, 06:58 PM
A lot of people have saluted G-Dub with one finger... doesn't mean it's right.

Texas = the suck (still).

stoopified
8/26/2007, 09:14 PM
A lot of people have saluted G-Dub with one finger... doesn't mean it's right.

Texas = the suck (still).True but I still thought it was funny.