OU 31 Tulsa 20

OU 24 CU 20

OU 20 UT 21 lone loss of the regular season

OU 27 MU 17

OU 24 ISU 3

OU 24 aTm 17

OU 27 BU 10

OU 31 TT 28

OU 31 oSu 28 The one thing I noticed right off the bat is the number of close games predicted for the Sooners.I don't see Tulsa or Cu staying within 10 points personally.I do think UM and UT will be tight.

When it comes to the oSu picks I have to laugh. I think Jenni made the picks by herself .The pick is 8-4 with all 4 losses by a TD or less.

oSu 24 UGA 27

oSu 51 FAU 7

oSu 34 troy 20

oSu 35 TT 24

oSu 45 SHSU 10 Bomar eats dirt

oSu 30 aTm 24

oSu 24 NU 27

oSu 35 KSU 17

oSu 24 UT 27

oSu 38 KU 20

oSu 34 BU 24

oSu 27 OU 34 It is at this point I should reveal that Scott Wright made the prediction s on the OU schedule and Mike Baldwin ( not Jenni) picked the oSu season.This explains the different scores in the B E D L A M gsme.Personally I think oSu will lose 5-6 games because of poor D and will be beaten at least once by double digits.

As for the OU season I'd say that is about right barring injury or unforseen circumstances.UT and UM should be close games and should decide the course of OUr season.I do think OU wil win some games by greater margins due to D scoring and special teams .Personally I think we win them all,but I say that every year .So far I've been right 81.9 % of the time.

King Crimson
8/26/2007, 12:31 PM
i don't see OSU winning at ATM. they are getting a lot of "road" credit in that list, IMO.

the DO apparently doesn't think we'll score very many points this season.

CU game is a classic trap game for us, week before the RRS. they'll be sky high and a road game. they'll likely be 2-2 or 1-3 and playing for the rest of their season. if we make mistakes, we may get a ballgame.

but, we ought take care of business.

Seamus
8/26/2007, 12:41 PM
I can't recall us ever failing to score 40 points at least once in a season. In the 1960s, perhaps?

OSUAggie
8/26/2007, 02:06 PM
When it comes to the oSu picks I have to laugh. I think Jenni made the picks by herself .The pick is 8-4 with all 4 losses by a TD or less.

Why?

Other than Texas, OSU had a good shot late to win every game that they lost last year.

I can't recall us ever failing to score 40 points at least once in a season. In the 1960s, perhaps?

'98.

Stitch Face
8/26/2007, 02:38 PM
Why?

Other than Texas, OSU had a good shot late to win every game that they lost last year.

Just six plays away from an undefeated season. :rolleyes:

DrZaius
8/26/2007, 03:35 PM
FIXED

OU24 UNT 6

OU 27 UM 14

OU 37 USU 9

OU 31 Tulsa 20

OU 38 CU 17

OU 42 UT 17 lone loss of the regular season

OU 27 MU 10

OU 24 ISU 3

OU 77 aTm 0

OU 37 BU 10

OU 31 TT 13

OU 31 oSu 17 The one thing I noticed right off the bat is the number of close games predicted for the Sooners.I don't see Tulsa or Cu staying within 10 points personally.I do think UM and UT will be tight.

oSu 24 UGA 27

oSu 51 FAU 7

oSu 34 troy 20

oSu 35 TT 24

oSu 30 aTm 24

oSu 24 NU 27

oSu 35 KSU 17

oSu 24 UT 27

oSu 38 KU 20

oSu 34 BU 24

oSu 27 OU 34 It is at this point I should reveal that Scott Wright made the prediction s on the OU schedule and Mike Baldwin ( not Jenni) picked the oSu season.This explains the different scores in the B E D L A M gsme.Personally I think oSu will lose 5-6 games because of poor D and will be beaten at least once by double digits.

As for the OU season I'd say that is about right barring injury or unforseen circumstances.UT and UM should be close games and should decide the course of OUr season.I do think OU wil win some games by greater margins due to D scoring and special teams .Personally I think we win them all,but I say that every year .So far I've been right 81.9 % of the time.

stoopified
8/26/2007, 04:38 PM
Why?

'98.Mainly they were lucky to be that close in most games.If Stoops had kept the hammer down we would have won going away.

devOUt
8/26/2007, 04:46 PM

I think this is a verse from the aggie fight song.

fadada1
8/26/2007, 05:07 PM
an awful lot of close games predicted for us - don't see it.

no way TT only scores 24 against the pokes. take the over in this one. even if it's 100. tech'll score 80.

illinisooner
8/26/2007, 06:17 PM
I guess the fake Roy Williams was using aggie logic when he said it was "scary" to how close the Lions were to scoring 40 points in a loss to the Bears...when they scored 6 points.

goingoneight
8/26/2007, 08:45 PM
I highly doubt we max out at 31 points on offense this season. As long as OUr QB pans out, we're extremely talented on offense with a couple of guys who could surprise for national honors (Kelly, gresham, Murray). I also think OSU will drown in Norman. With the exception of two injured quarterbacks in 2001, when has OSU played well in Norman? This place will be extremely lous because many Sooner faithful are sick and tired about hearing of "the world's greatest offense," Heisman trio Reid-Savage-Bowman and the team on the rise. OU will be rolling into post-season by game 11 no matter how many games they've lost prior to. 55-24 if OSU can sustain drives in what will probably be a record home crowd making them wish they were in College Station... where they will eek the victory that costs Franchione his job.

Just my $.02, though.

soonerloyal
8/26/2007, 09:10 PM
We won't lose to Texas.

Sooo...how much red speck will I get hit with for hopin' that Bomar and Co. puts some hurt on the Pokes?

:eek:

OSUAggie
8/26/2007, 09:47 PM
Mainly they were lucky to be that close in most games.If Stoops had kept the hammer down we would have won going away.

Kept the hammer down?

You threw 11 times the whole game. Your gameplan was to run the ball (which was obviously successful). We stuffed the run game in the 4th quarter and when a pass was called, Thompson was pressured into a sack or short gain.

Lucky to be that close against who else? Blew a 10-point 4th quarter lead in Manhattan, a 7-point lead with 3 minutes against A&M, a 17-point lead in Lubbock, and the OU and Houston games were close throughout.

I don't see how that's being fortunate to be that close. If anything, it's fortunate for the opponents to come back and win.

Texas was the only game that was not close.

You're obviously entitled to your opinion; I just found your reasoning a bit curious.

no way TT only scores 24 against the pokes. take the over in this one. even if it's 100. tech'll score 80.

Tech is averaging 25 points/game against OSU since the '03 track meet.

illinisooner
8/27/2007, 12:29 AM
I also don't agree that we will max out at 31 points, with North Texas and Utah St on the schedule, I can't see how we don't top 31 in at least one of those games. Reggie and Demarco should be pretty good returners, thus shortening the field for the offense...don't forget about the new kickoff rule either.

Also, can we please outlaw the "close losses/bad calls" argument that ends in "we easily could have been <insert better than actual record>"? If that was true, Illinois would be bowl eligible, A&M would have been undefeated, and USC would have crushed the real OSU in the national title game. I see the point, because OU was basically 13-1 last year...but when pretty much every team can make the case for an extra 2-3 wins, what's the point?

Easting
8/27/2007, 12:34 AM
84-0 OU/ATM. Now, now, don't say it can't happen. Fran would probably jump off the top of the press box though...

goingoneight
8/27/2007, 01:00 AM
We won't lose to Texas.

Sooo...how much red speck will I get hit with for hopin' that Bomar and Co. puts some hurt on the Pokes?

:eek:

Well, none from me. The simple fact that Bomar plays for Sam Houston State seems like enough punishment for him. Now if you started cheerign for Brad McRae... you'd get a regular jihad of red. ;) I hope Bomar learns his lesson about his arrogance if he hasn't already (seems he's definitely mellowed out since the boot) and does well beyond now. Don't see him in the NFL, though. It could happen, but Jerry Bomar's going to have to call scouts up every week to promote Rhett in SHSU. They might not be too happy if SHSU has a normal Bearkat season.

goingoneight
8/27/2007, 01:24 AM
84-0 OU/ATM. Now, now, don't say it can't happen. Fran would probably jump off the top of the press box though...

I can see it now... big matchup, gameday in Norman... Corso picks aTm, the other talking heads predict a game. Stephen McGee starts a fight before the kickoff.

Lewis Baker steamrolls Goodson and knocks the rock loose on the opening KO. Play-action to Kelly puts us atop 7-0. McGee lines up at the 20 after a touchback... 1st down = no gain, 2nd down = no gain, 3rd down = INTERCEPTED!!! Marcus Walker's in for the score!!!
Leading 14-0, Bob rolls the dice indentically to his 2006 gamble with an onside kick. Kelly grabs it about 15 yards past the 30 and aTm fans start screaming poor officiating. 1st and 10 from the 45-yard line, MURRAY TAKES IT TO THA HOUSE!!! 21-0!!!
A now quiet and nervous McGee begins to panic and attempts to get the Ags back in it with his arm. 1, 2, 3, punt. Reggie takes it to tha house!!! 28-0!!!
3 and out; six plays later, Jermaine Gresham hauls in a dart from Bradford and drags four aggies into the endzone. 35-0!!!
1st quarter ends when JaPorky Lane fumbles and AP runs up the middle for 6.
2nd quarter opens; play action to AP... Malcom in the middle, TOUCHDOWN OKLAHOMA!!! 42-0!!!
Aggies get a fist down at the 31-yard line, followed by a 12-man penalty that backs them up 5 and McGee's got to throw again. Pick 6 for the n00b, Dominique Franks all the way!!! 49-0.
1, 2, 3... well... half of three, McGee tosses his option pass to Mike Reed for another defensive score. 56-0.
1, 2, 3... blocked punt. End-around to Murray for the next score. :D 63-0.
2nd half opens, Juaqin Iglesias takes it 94 yards back for another. 70-0.
Fran's sweating calms as he begins to add "Recruited Mike Goodson" to his resume. 1, 2, 3... 4th down-- ALMOST INTERCEPTED!!! Over on downs. AP gashes a tired and cranky Aggie defense for the score. Wrecking the wrecking crew on three carries for 24 yards. At this point, Sam has yet to throw an incomplete pass, OU leads 77-0. :D
McGee runs six yards and picks up a first down, begins to celebrate and pump his chest out for some strange, aggy reason. 3 and punt again.
Bob Barry, Sr. is put in the game at this point. He tries to take a knee, but the poor old fella is a little too old for that kind of bending. So in attempt to keep the wrecking crew off his back he throws the ball to Al Eschback, who then carries it to the endzone. 84-0, and McGee has a new reason to puke his guts out on the sideline as the 3rd quarter comes to an end. :twinkies:

OU Adonis
8/27/2007, 09:36 AM
Good GOD we score 15 more points than Texas and STILL loose to them? F'n Refs

picasso
8/27/2007, 10:06 AM
Why?

'98.
oSu won 3 conference games last year.

about average right?

goingoneight
8/29/2007, 01:04 AM
Who bets we score more than 24??? :D

meoveryouxinfinity
8/29/2007, 07:05 AM
10-1 isn't bad considering we went 0-4 a few years ago. :rolleyes:

meoveryouxinfinity
8/29/2007, 07:14 AM
I can see it now... big matchup, gameday in Norman... Corso picks aTm, the other talking heads predict a game. Stephen McGee starts a fight before the kickoff.

Lewis Baker steamrolls Goodson and knocks the rock loose on the opening KO. Play-action to Kelly puts us atop 7-0. McGee lines up at the 20 after a touchback... 1st down = no gain, 2nd down = no gain, 3rd down = INTERCEPTED!!! Marcus Walker's in for the score!!!
Leading 14-0, Bob rolls the dice indentically to his 2006 gamble with an onside kick. Kelly grabs it about 15 yards past the 30 and aTm fans start screaming poor officiating. 1st and 10 from the 45-yard line, MURRAY TAKES IT TO THA HOUSE!!! 21-0!!!
A now quiet and nervous McGee begins to panic and attempts to get the Ags back in it with his arm. 1, 2, 3, punt. Reggie takes it to tha house!!! 28-0!!!
3 and out; six plays later, Jermaine Gresham hauls in a dart from Bradford and drags four aggies into the endzone. 35-0!!!
1st quarter ends when JaPorky Lane fumbles and AP runs up the middle for 6.
2nd quarter opens; play action to AP... Malcom in the middle, TOUCHDOWN OKLAHOMA!!! 42-0!!!
Aggies get a fist down at the 31-yard line, followed by a 12-man penalty that backs them up 5 and McGee's got to throw again. Pick 6 for the n00b, Dominique Franks all the way!!! 49-0.
1, 2, 3... well... half of three, McGee tosses his option pass to Mike Reed for another defensive score. 56-0.
1, 2, 3... blocked punt. End-around to Murray for the next score. :D 63-0.
2nd half opens, Juaqin Iglesias takes it 94 yards back for another. 70-0.
Fran's sweating calms as he begins to add "Recruited Mike Goodson" to his resume. 1, 2, 3... 4th down-- ALMOST INTERCEPTED!!! Over on downs. AP gashes a tired and cranky Aggie defense for the score. Wrecking the wrecking crew on three carries for 24 yards. At this point, Sam has yet to throw an incomplete pass, OU leads 77-0. :D
McGee runs six yards and picks up a first down, begins to celebrate and pump his chest out for some strange, aggy reason. 3 and punt again.
Bob Barry, Sr. is put in the game at this point. He tries to take a knee, but the poor old fella is a little too old for that kind of bending. So in attempt to keep the wrecking crew off his back he throws the ball to Al Eschback, who then carries it to the endzone. 84-0, and McGee has a new reason to puke his guts out on the sideline as the 3rd quarter comes to an end. :twinkies:
Ah, I see you have found your "happy place."

SteelClip49
8/29/2007, 09:38 AM
The Oklahoman headquarters should be turned over to the Dallas Morning News. I know it's silly but the Oklahoman paper looks like something you get out of a thrift store. Hell, the Tulsa World is much better looking and more entertaining to read than the excrement the Oklahoman calls a paper.

Does the Oklahoman not believe OU has an offense??

stoopified
9/8/2007, 09:49 PM
After 2 games I would say THE EXPERTS are just a little off. :D Sorta like Bob Uecker saying THAT PITCH IS JUST A LITTLE OUTSIDE.(MAJOR LEAGUE reference).

swardboy
9/8/2007, 10:09 PM
Thank you for bumping this thread. I'm sure the Jokelahoman won't revisit it.

Ike
9/8/2007, 10:24 PM
After 2 games I would say THE EXPERTS are just a little off. :D Sorta like Bob Uecker saying THAT PITCH IS JUST A LITTLE OUTSIDE.(MAJOR LEAGUE reference).

They tried to corner and missed.

It happens often.

Gandalf_The_Grey
9/8/2007, 11:01 PM
Daily Oklahoman had us projected for 289 points

After 2 games we have 130, who thinks we we crack that 289 by Texas :P

goingoneight
9/8/2007, 11:11 PM

After 2 games we have 130, who thinks we we crack that 289 by Tulsa :P

:pop:

tommieharris91
9/8/2007, 11:46 PM

After 2 games we have 130, who thinks we we crack that 289 against Utah State :P

Fixed it for both of you.

stoopified
9/15/2007, 09:14 AM
OU24 UNT 6

OU 13 UM 12

OU 37 USU 9

OU 31 Tulsa 20

OU 24 CU 20

OU 27 MU 17

OU 24 ISU 3

OU 24 aTm 17

OU 27 BU 10

OU 31 TT 28

OU 31 oSu 28 The one thing I noticed right off the bat is the number of close games predicted for the Sooners.I don't see Tulsa or Cu staying within 10 points personally.I do think UM and UT will be tight.

oSu 24 UGA 27

oSu 51 FAU 7

oSu 34 troy 20

oSu 35 TT 24

oSu 30 aTm 24

oSu 24 NU 27

oSu 35 KSU 17

oSu 24 UT 27

oSu 38 KU 20

oSu 34 BU 24

As for the OU season I'd say that is about right barring injury or unforseen circumstances.UT and UM should be close games and should decide the course of OUr season.I do think OU wil win some games by greater margins due to D scoring and special teams .Personally I think we win them all,but I say that every year .So far I've been right 81.9 % of the time.I was going to wait to post this until AFTER the USU game but since it will be pretty much name the score,what the heck.

The Oklahomn staff picked TBA to go 8-4 and lose no game by more than 7.I think I said they would losee at least one game by double digits.Seems both the OK staff and I were too generous to the Boonies.What really makes this funny is that the EXPERTS did not learn their lesson after the 35-14 spanking that UGa put on them.ALL ten writers on THe OK staff picked the Boonies to win this week.
I think I may have been too generous to T. Boone Academy in picking them to finish at 6-6.
At the rate they are going 4-8 may be a stretch.

AS for OU's season we have COMPLETELY exceeded expectations.I thought we would be GOOD this year but barring injury,IF WE DON"T PLAY FOR #8 THIS YEAR,I will be shocked.Bold prediction I know but I stand by it.

stoopified
11/25/2007, 10:45 AM
OU24 UNT 6

OU 13 UM 12

OU 37 USU 9

OU 31 Tulsa 20

OU 24 CU 20

OU 27 MU 17

OU 24 ISU 3

OU 24 aTm 17

OU 27 BU 10

OU 31 TT 28

oSu 24 UGA 27

oSu 51 FAU 7

oSu 34 troy 20

oSu 35 TT 24

oSu 30 aTm 24

oSu 24 NU 27

oSu 35 KSU 17

oSu 24 UT 27

oSu 38 KU 20

oSu 34 BU 24

As for the OU season I'd say that is about right barring injury or unforseen circumstances.UT and UM should be close games and should decide the course of OUr season.I do think OU wil win some games by greater margins due to D scoring and special teams .Personally I think we win them all,but I say that every year .So far I've been right 81.9 % of the time.Now that the regular season is over I thought I would look back at these predictions.Well I was right about the oSu season,almost dead-on.Pokes finished 6-6 and lost 4 games by double digits.What was most surprising to me is that even as the season went along the PROFFESSIONAL writers at the Jokelahoman continued to drink Gundy's Orange Brew(what the heck, he IS a man,he is 40).I fail to understand why any of them could foresee a Poke win over UT,aTm, or OU once the season started.In fairness only one writer picked the NEON ORANGE to beat OU,but still ARE YOU KIDDING ME?

On the other hand I was off on the Sooner season.I thought once we cleared the UM,UT hurdles,it was all downhill.6 droped passes,a dropped punt and 3 dropped interceptions cost us dearly in the Buff game and of course Sam going down in the opening moments of the TT game was a killer(starting QB going down like that DOES qualify as unforseen circumstances I think).In any case we WERE much better on offense then picked as we topped the 40 point mark 8 times.

The biggest unforseen developement this season was Sam(The Answer)Bradford who replaced Our ? at QB with an emphatic exclamation point.I thought he would be good(2500 yards,18-20 TDs,10-12interceptions) but even my seemingly optimistic expectations have been exceeded with still 2 games to go.

In the end we are playing for the Big12 Title and a TOP 5 finish.I think most of us would have been hapy with that before the year started.