PDA

View Full Version : crappy dog owners/neighbors

jk the sooner fan
8/26/2007, 11:11 AM
so a month ago, my neighbors across the street buy two pit bull puppies...a 6 month old female and a 3 month old male.....and of course the first day, the boy is outside with them wearing his michael vick jersey

so before this morning the male has bounced across the street to jump on me when i'm watering the begonia's......ok, so he's cute now, but when he gets bigger ...knowing that the owners arent doing any sort of training.....makes me a bit nervous

this morning i'm out mowing, and i feel him jump on my legs......of course the owners arent home.......puppy has dug a nice hole between two fence posts and is just wandering around......its a good thing i was outside because nobody else on the street was outside.....no telling where he would have wandered as there is a major 6 lane road right next to the house

so i babysit the dog for 45 minutes waiting for animal control to come and rectify the situation

neighbors still arent home

:( :mad:

TopDaugIn2000
8/26/2007, 11:32 AM
you called animal control??? you heartless bastage.

jk the sooner fan
8/26/2007, 11:35 AM
yes, they put the dog back in the backyard and secured the hole under the fence

the owners arent home......still arent.......you'd rather i leave the dog outside to get hit by a car?

TopDaugIn2000
8/26/2007, 11:35 AM
i thought you called to have the dog taken to the pound. my bad.

TopDaugIn2000
8/26/2007, 11:36 AM
and I'm just giving you hell. I dont' have any use for pits. when they show up at the dog park Lucy and I head HOME.

yermom
8/26/2007, 11:37 AM
he shoulda shot him ;)

jk the sooner fan
8/26/2007, 11:37 AM
no, even if they had taken it to the kennel, it would have been safer there than where it could get out again

i had it tied to their bench in the front yard, on a leash.....the dog has never been on a leash and was freaking out....i could have left it out there, but again, i had no idea when the owners were coming home

jk the sooner fan
8/26/2007, 11:39 AM
the animal control lady said that normally pits are more animal aggressive than people aggressive...of course the people that get mauled and eaten by them would disagree

my only concern is that i have no idea what purpose the owners have them for....if i knew they were just pets and had some sort of training for manners, then i dont care that they have them......just keep them from running across the street and jumping all over me

StuIsTheMan
8/26/2007, 11:41 AM
No bad dog's just bad owners!:mad:

Sooner Born Sooner Bred
8/26/2007, 11:42 AM
Has the kid burned his Vick jersey yet?

jk the sooner fan
8/26/2007, 11:48 AM
Has the kid burned his Vick jersey yet?

i doubt it

the female is white, and something i wasnt aware of, but the white ones are the "trash" of the litter......most serious pit bull breeders will put down the white puppies

i dont know if they plan on breeding these two but it wouldnt surprise me

OKC-SLC
8/26/2007, 11:57 AM
but the white ones are the "trash" of the litter
why do you hate effing hillbillies?

Rogue
8/26/2007, 11:57 AM
No bad dog's just bad owners!:mad:

There are certainly bad examples of both. Dogs hard-wired to be dumb
and aggressive don't usually turn out well, even in loving homes with good
training.

jk the sooner fan
8/26/2007, 11:59 AM
i want to trust them, but i just cant

OKC-SLC
8/26/2007, 12:01 PM
There are certainly bad examples of both. Dogs hard-wired to be dumb
and aggressive don't usually turn out well, even in loving homes with good
training.
Rogue is right. I love dogs/animals as much as anyone. There are bad dog owners everywhere, and there are bad dogs everywhere. But the statistics are very clear--the preponderance of violence caused by pits is not explainable solely by poor pet owners.

Sooner Born Sooner Bred
8/26/2007, 12:03 PM
I wonder how you would determine their intentions? Maybe you could go over there and strike a conversation about how you were worried their dog was going to get run over by a car.

jk the sooner fan
8/26/2007, 12:07 PM
oh i'm going to talk to them, but really its not my business what they're doing with them......the puppy has a collar on it that it didnt have when the owners left this morning, so they'll wonder where that came from

i'm just going to suggest that they put tags and a collar full time on both of them

as far as i'm concerned this dog experiment they're conducting wont last longer than a year....

AlbqSooner
8/26/2007, 12:15 PM
as far as i'm concerned this dog experiment they're conducting wont last longer than a year....
Yeah, its hard to shoot a puppy. Once they get a bit older it will be easier. ;)

CUinNC
8/26/2007, 12:15 PM
While it's any dog I like...sounds like ya got your hands-full....better stay away from them, and if they keep coming around..

Better get ready for something that maybe ain't gonna turn out well..

people sound like they have took something on...and can't finish the deal

PS - I stopped my patience with Chows:D ...this sounds like trouble comin"

If it takes a weekend to worry, it isn't worth it...

opksooner
8/26/2007, 01:55 PM
Yeah, its hard to shoot a puppy. Once they get a bit older it will be easier. ;)
True. Anti-freeze laced hamburger works well, too.

StoopTroup
8/26/2007, 01:59 PM
Try a black plastic garbage bag and a tie wrap.

YWIA ;)

rufnek05
8/26/2007, 02:15 PM
do you remember about 10 or so years ago, all those dobermans and roties were attacking some people? and when did pits start to get some damn popular? it seems like just in the past 5 or so years

josh09
8/26/2007, 02:15 PM
he shoulda shot him ;)

Yea, put him out of his misery....lol

stoopified
8/26/2007, 06:53 PM
yes, they put the dog back in the backyard and secured the hole under the fence

the owners arent home......still arent.......you'd rather i leave the dog outside to get hit by a car?Animal control did what?Animal control in Ponca knocked on my door one morning and said IS THAT YOUR DOG?,pointing to my dog sitting on my driveway.Ti make a long story short the SOB dogcatcher wrote me a ticket for LETTING MY BITCH/DOG RUN UNSECURED.Never mind the dog had dug his way out,that apparently was irrelevant.The ticket cost me $80.

jk the sooner fan
8/26/2007, 07:00 PM
Animal control did what?Animal control in Ponca knocked on my door one morning and said IS THAT YOUR DOG?,pointing to my dog sitting on my driveway.Ti make a long story short the SOB dogcatcher wrote me a ticket for LETTING MY BITCH/DOG RUN UNSECURED.Never mind the dog had dug his way out,that apparently was irrelevant.The ticket cost me $80.

well the dog is your responsibility, whether its inside or outside the fence

the ticket was uncalled for

sooneron
8/26/2007, 07:38 PM
Yeah, a warning would have sufficed.

SoonerKnight
8/27/2007, 02:21 AM
Pitbulls are not quite as bad as they are made out to be. They are territorial and need a strong owner! But they are great family pets My uncle had two of them when I was little and never had any issues and one of them was white. LOL! Pitbulls need an owner that can control them. They are not for the weak that is where bad stuff happens and no they are not that patient with kids pulling their tails and hitting them of course who would be!!! Pits have gotten a really bad rap because of **** poor owners. I owend a dog that was half Pit/Lab. Great dog! Not a very good watch dog after two weeks in the back yard he got alittle too comfortable. Two Navy recruiters come to my door and not a peep from the dog. I shewed the recruiters away then I go out and find the dog on it's back with it's feet twitching in the air and eyes rolled in its head snoring! Three times I had to call his name and he finally woke up. LAZY guard dog!! :)

Rogue
8/27/2007, 05:36 AM
SK, I'm glad your turned out OK. It's not impossible, but the odds aren't very good in my experience.

For every story I hear like yours...I hear 2 that didn't turn out well.

I've known about 4 pits (and read about several more) who were "loving family pets" that ended up being too aggressive and the owners found out the hard way. 2 seriously hurt kids and 2 had owners that explained away several instances of the dog snapping, "playing too rough," etc. before they had a serious problem.