PDA

View Full Version : Sport of Kings!

Rogue
8/25/2007, 04:01 PM
Watching the Travers Stakes on ESPN for $1 Million. The "Midsummer Derby.":texan:

I know that putting up vcash bets isn't easy. How big a pain would horse racing bets be? Would the odds be like the morning line or could we pick a horse and get the final odds, like we were at the track?

Yeah, maybe I have a vgambling problem.:cool:

GottaHavePride
8/25/2007, 07:26 PM
The bigger problem is I know absolutely nothing about horse racing. I can find tons of places that list odds on all sorts of things, but I don't know what the heck any of it means. The vBookie software doesn't have built-in features that can accommodate all the weird bet types you get with horse racing. All I can do is put up different outcomes and odds on those outcomes.

For example: I looked up what a trifecta is. You have to pick the top three finishers in exact order. Which means that for a 6-horse race I would have to put up 120 different possible outcomes AND figure out what odds should be on each of those options. Frankly, I don't have that kind of time.

Rogue
8/25/2007, 07:43 PM
Yeah, that would be like a part-time job to enter all of that.

Can I bet a half-wheel on the 2, 5, and 6 horse; the 5 to win; the 6 to place, and a box quinella on 5, 6, and 9?
What about just picking winners?

GottaHavePride
8/26/2007, 02:38 PM
Let me look into it a bit more.