PDA

View Full Version : College Game Day season preview

Flagstaffsooner
8/25/2007, 08:58 AM
10am CDT. Watch Corso's first assinine statements of the year.

College GameDay
Season Preview 8:00 AM, 1 hr
Sat 08/25/2007
ESPN 25 Sports/Educational
English
Chris Fowler, Lee Corso and Kirk Herbstreit preview the 2007 season, with anal-ysis, interviews and behind-the-scenes features.http://titantv.com/themes/_default/images/symbols/cc.gif

Miko
8/25/2007, 10:07 AM
:D That there is funny, I don't care who ya are.

Flagstaffsooner
8/25/2007, 10:33 AM
Holy carp, Mark May is making sense. ND 5 wins. Holtz is about to burst a vein.

sooner518
8/25/2007, 10:44 AM
i got bored after watching an entire 10 minute segment on ND. let me know when they talk about OU and ill go in there and watch

Flagstaffsooner
8/25/2007, 10:56 AM
i got bored after watching an entire 10 minute segment on ND. let me know when they talk about OU and ill go in there and watchWell, May, Holtz, Herbie and Corso picked OU to win the Big XII. We're doomed.

jrsooner
8/25/2007, 10:57 AM
Holey Moley Batman!!! They all just picked OU to win the Big 12! Yeah, I've stated we could do it, but I haven't seen many talking heads come out and say it.

PrideTrombone
8/25/2007, 10:59 AM
Kirk and Lou both picked OU vs. USC in the BCS title game.

Lou picked OU to win.

We're boned.

Jack T.
8/25/2007, 11:00 AM
Three of the four pick OU in the BCS title game. . .only one picks us to win it.

Flagstaffsooner
8/25/2007, 11:00 AM
I hope for once Granny is right.

sooner518
8/25/2007, 11:01 AM
they said Lee picked LSU over OU in the BCS.

i had no idea those talking heads liked us so much this year

Sooner98
8/25/2007, 11:02 AM
ESPN IS BIASED AGAINST OU!!!!!11!!!111

Oh wait, they all four just picked OU to win the Big Twelve, and 3 out of 4 picked us to make the Sugar Bowl.

Carry on.

PrideTrombone
8/25/2007, 11:03 AM
they said Lee picked LSU over OU in the BCS.

i had no idea those talking heads liked us so much this year

I may have misheard. But that still scares me. :D

Ash
8/25/2007, 11:05 AM
Doomed! Doomed! Doomed!

jrsooner
8/25/2007, 11:06 AM
Where did all of this love come from all of a sudden?

King Crimson
8/25/2007, 11:06 AM
6-5. get ready.;)

Jason White's Third Knee
8/25/2007, 11:19 AM
Holy carp, Mark May is making sense. ND 5 wins. Holtz is about to burst a vein.

It's a trap. Mark May cannot make sense. Almost by definition.

The Maestro
8/25/2007, 11:33 AM
I'll keep saying it. People, have you seen our schedule? We have no reason to not be unbeaten playing Texas and we have more talent on the field then Texas does. If we leave that game unbeaten we should not lose to anyone else on the schedule. Doesn't mean it will happen, but if Sam Bradford even has a Paul Thompson type season we should be unbeaten unless we have a game with a crap load of turnovers or give up a lot of big plays.

r5TPsooner
8/25/2007, 11:35 AM
10am CDT. Watch Corso's first assinine statements of the year.

I'm on medication and can't drink alcoholic beverages. So, I'll have to Tivo it and watch it later in the week.

soonercoop
8/25/2007, 11:40 AM
Let's see after we get passed Miami, but first let's see how we are after we stomp North Texas. I hope we are fluid in our play calling and play execution.

soonercoop
8/25/2007, 11:41 AM
I also hope we start wrapping up with our tackling, it seemed that we struggled last year.

IndianJack
8/25/2007, 11:57 AM
Is it just me or is Corso looking more and more like Mel Brooks?

Lozn in gang, Lee. ;)

IndianJack
8/25/2007, 12:01 PM
Do you think that Holtz's family sits around after Holiday meals, and after Lou has noisily fallen asleep in his lazy-boy, and asks each other, "what the fuhck are we gonna do about grandpa?"

Seriously, this man thinks the fightin' catholics will win 10 games!

Flagstaffsooner
8/25/2007, 12:06 PM

Lozn in gang, Lee. ;)Looks more like Mike Gundy to me.

http://www.pahrump-pets.com/dog%20butt%20face.jpg

Dr. Jelly Finger
8/25/2007, 12:24 PM

Lozn in gang, Lee. ;)

I have been calling him Yogurt forever. Those that have seen the movie "Spaceballs" will understand. Very strong likeness to Mel Brooks indeed.

IndianJack
8/25/2007, 12:51 PM
I have been calling him Yogurt forever. Those that have seen the movie "Spaceballs" will understand. Very strong likeness to Mel Brooks indeed.

Is your SCHWARTZ as big as mine?:D

Dr. Jelly Finger
8/25/2007, 01:09 PM
Is your SCHWARTZ as big as mine?:D

"Funny, she doesn't look Druish......."

SoonerBOI
8/25/2007, 02:48 PM
Well, May, Holtz, Herbie and Corso picked OU to win the Big XII. We're doomed.

Sudden love for us? I know we are good. They've been born again.:D

oumartin
8/25/2007, 03:54 PM
Lets go ahead and pull a Bama and claim another title!

those are some bold predictions with a frosh qb.

stoopified
8/25/2007, 10:02 PM
It's a trap. Mark May cannot make sense. Almost by definition.
:D

Jason White's Third Knee
8/25/2007, 10:43 PM
I'll keep saying it. People, have you seen our schedule? We have no reason to not be unbeaten playing Texas and we have more talent on the field then Texas does. If we leave that game unbeaten we should not lose to anyone else on the schedule. Doesn't mean it will happen, but if Sam Bradford even has a Paul Thompson type season we should be unbeaten unless we have a game with a crap load of turnovers or give up a lot of big plays.

If you mean by "a Paul Thompson type season" you mean a great season, then you are right. In my mind the worst QB play we have had since 1999 was from our superstar Bomar. We only LOST one game last year by any margine... and we wona few by short ones. The other two losses were, by any thinking football fans opinion, uh, really ****ing close.

okcusooner
8/26/2007, 04:16 PM

Maestro. What color is the sky in your world? A rosy crimson?

Uh. Do you think Miami's problems last year were due to a lack of talent?
Do you not see the potential of a tough game against Colorado on the road?

I hope you are right. But I don't share your brazen confidence.

snp
8/26/2007, 05:03 PM
"Funny, she doesn't look Druish......."

You idiots! These are not them! You've captured their stunt doubles!

Jason White's Third Knee
8/27/2007, 04:49 PM

Colorado is just off of there worst year in memory. They aren't going to beat OU. They have a new qb too.

The Maestro
8/27/2007, 04:58 PM

No. It's blue. Just like the sky color for Ivan Maisel and Kirk Herbstreit. Two of the more respected college football experts who both pick us in the title game. You have to be unbeaten to do that this year or at least we would have to be.

Well, if barely beating Duke and having the only two teams you scored four touchdowns on be Florida directional schools, I don't care what recruiting services tabbed these guys. They must not be all that great, save a few defensive studs who can't score cause they play defense.

I potentially see a lot of tough games. I think those games will be even more tough for our opponents, including 2-10 Colorado.

That's fine. But it doesn't mean I'm crazy for thinking we beat a 7-6 team with a new head coach and offensive coordinator in their first road game of the year with an unproven offense that has a crapily disappointing quarterback. It all comes down to Texas...again.

NormanPride
8/27/2007, 04:59 PM
We're absolutely screwed. Undeniably and irrevocably boned. Our collapse and failure will be of epic and cataclysmic proportions.

Thanks, ESPN. :mad:

OUmillenium
8/28/2007, 10:17 AM
...we've gone plaid!

TheUnnamedSooner
8/28/2007, 10:31 AM
You idiots! These are not them! You've captured their stunt doubles!

I knew it, I'm surrounded by a$$holes!

Keep firing a$$holes!

CincySooner
8/28/2007, 10:37 AM
Season Preview 8:00 AM, 1 hr
Sat 08/25/2007
ESPN 25 Sports/Educational
English
Chris Fowler, Lee Corso and Kirk Herbstreit preview the 2007 season, with anal-ysis, interviews and behind-the-scenes features

since when has anyone learned anything watching College Gameday?:confused:

snp
8/28/2007, 11:16 AM
since when has anyone learned anything watching College Gameday?:confused:

Apparently, Lee Corso is a penis. This is something I was not aware of until CGD.

http://img407.imageshack.us/img407/8766/corsopenisag2.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

mxATVracer10
8/28/2007, 11:36 AM
That has to quite possibly be the greatest moment in TV history. I laugh every time I see it!

I wonder if all of the sudden love coming from the talking heads is due to how similar this team and situation stacks up to the out of nowhere 2000 team. Maybe they learned their lesson? :confused:

The Maestro
8/28/2007, 11:40 AM
Lee plays up to that more and more these days. I am waiting for him to implement the HIGH-larious squirting flower on his lapel and the shock ring that stuns Fowler and Herbie when he shakes their hand.

Bearded ladies think he is a sideshow.

Dan Thompson
8/28/2007, 12:54 PM
If we get to play USC and beat them, I don't think my heart would take that and the smile on my face would last all year.:)