PDA

View Full Version : Cox DVR Recording football games...

goingoneight
8/24/2007, 10:50 PM
I have now reached the year 2003 and got a Tivo-like device so I can rest assured get my games recorded easily this season. Problem is... I have to wonder something.
If a game runs over a specified time limit on say ABC... like an overtime showdown with Texas and I'm in Dallas (obviously too far away to catch the OT), does the DVR record past the specified time for the game? That would really suck if we got down to a key run of game winning FG and my DVR just stops prematurely because some other game is kicking off elsewhere. I know the networks never cut OU games short, btu from time to time they play way too damn many commercials and games exceed their time slot.
Anyone have any experience to help me breathe better? :twinkies:

hurricane'bone
8/24/2007, 10:52 PM
When you set it to record you can tell it to extend the end time.

AllAboutThe'O'
8/24/2007, 10:58 PM
How many of you recorded the Fiesta Bowl last season and even extended the end time and still didn't get the entire game? Happened to me, and I even set it from 7 to 11:30.

Boarder
8/24/2007, 11:14 PM
Not sure about that one, I deleted it as soon as I got home without watching it.

GottaHavePride
8/24/2007, 11:55 PM
To ansewer the original question:

If the game is scheduled to run 3 1/2 hours (say 2:30 pm to 6:00 pm) then the DVR is going to stop recording at exactly 6:00 pm. It will not keep recording if a play is in progress, if there are still 30 seconds left in the game, or if the game goes to OT. all the box knows is "Recording End Time = 6:00 pm" and it will stop. If you want to hedge your bets you'll have to manually set the DVR to record longer.

goingoneight
8/25/2007, 12:15 AM
Okay.. I'll experiment with that. I've become quite the new-age hillbilly in my time off work the last 6 weeks. :D

Dio
8/25/2007, 12:16 AM
Happy 2003 to me too. The cable guy showed me where you can extend the end time manually like Hurricane'bone said. It's on the same screen where you set how long to keep the recording.

goingoneight
8/25/2007, 12:45 AM
I don't want to miss a comment or second. I plan on copying all the games to DVD so I can start collecting the Stoops days and making videos. Kinda like a poor man's LASooner. I get around pretty good with movie editing since I spent all my HS years, all my college years and virtually all day long these days playing around with software. I'm just a little bit retarded when it comes to some things. I didn't know the DVR box was so cheap, so I was paying money for my HDTV cable box and missing the stuff I always wanted to see. :mad:

hurricane'bone
8/25/2007, 01:55 AM
BTW, when you select to record a live event it asks if you want to extend the end time.

soonerinabilene
8/25/2007, 09:07 AM
dish net automatically extends all sporting events by 1 hour, and you can set it to go further if you wanted too. Dont know if cox allows that.

r5TPsooner
8/25/2007, 09:43 AM
Just record the shows/events that follow the game in the next time slot on the same channel. Then, if the game runs long, you have it. If not, just delete the other junk.

SoonerStud615
8/25/2007, 12:28 PM
Yay! I joined 2003 as well last night.