PDA

View Full Version : Russian plane shot down?

Jerk
8/24/2007, 06:43 PM
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/europe/6963081.stm

ohhh no!!!

SeattleOUstudent
8/24/2007, 06:55 PM
ah, ****.

SicEmBaylor
8/24/2007, 07:01 PM
It's the increasing danger of Russian aggression that has me hoping that SAC will be back.

OUinFLA
8/24/2007, 10:01 PM
oops.
This is not going to turn out well, me thinks.

Frozen Sooner
8/24/2007, 11:20 PM
Good. There's a reason why they've deployed some F-22As up here recently. Those sonsabitches have been violating our airspace pretty regularly recently. Some Elmendorf guys had to chase 'em of a week or so back.

Mongo
8/24/2007, 11:28 PM
Do you know how I know you aren't a super power?

Your jet was shot down by Georgian forces

olevetonahill
8/24/2007, 11:34 PM
Thats just one less of those sonsabithches we gotta worry about !

SoonerBOI
8/25/2007, 09:42 AM
That will keep bare chested Putin's hands full. Of course we do not want any further escalation.

reevie
8/25/2007, 10:27 AM
Do you know how I know you aren't a super power?

Your jet was shot down by Georgian forces

Did they yell "Squeel like a pig!" before they shot it down?

Jerk
8/25/2007, 10:32 AM
Did they yell "Squeel like a pig!" before they shot it down?

LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:D

Miko
8/25/2007, 01:14 PM
Reminds me of the Russian news story of a "Soviet heat-seaking missile, on a peaceful mission near the homeland, was attacked by a Korean passenger jet. After the resulting collision, the missile was a total loss."

SicEmBaylor
8/25/2007, 01:16 PM
Reminds me of the Russian news story of a "Soviet heat-seaking missile, on a peaceful mission near the homeland, was attacked by a Korean passenger jet. After the resulting collision, the missile was a total loss."

Heh. The Chairman of the John Birch Society was on that flight. There's some irony for ya.

SoonerStormchaser
8/25/2007, 01:33 PM
Good. There's a reason why they've deployed some F-22As up here recently. Those sonsabitches have been violating our airspace pretty regularly recently. Some Elmendorf guys had to chase 'em of a week or so back.

Actually Mike, they've been slated for Elmendorf for some time now. The F-15's are going to Mountain Home AFB, Idaho. But hey, as long as they have AWACS there, I'm still aiming to get up there.

Edmond Sooner
8/25/2007, 03:02 PM
When I was in USAFE the Russians played these "encroachment" games with us all the time. But that was at the height of the Reagan-era Cold War, when all eyes were on the Fulda Gap.

Now, it looks like a modified version of the Cold War--Cold War Lite, so to speak--is starting up again. This tangle with Georgia is a small sign of accelerating Russian aggressiveness. Putin is pushing that Nationalist button hard.

Tulsa_Fireman
8/25/2007, 03:21 PM
http://www.fatherdan.com/images/blog/image5redneckfightingforce.jpg

C'MON, you dirty red sumb*ches!

*spit*

Frozen Sooner
8/25/2007, 06:26 PM
Actually Mike, they've been slated for Elmendorf for some time now. The F-15's are going to Mountain Home AFB, Idaho. But hey, as long as they have AWACS there, I'm still aiming to get up there.

Oh, I know that they've been slated for a while. I guess I wasn't clear-there's always the threat of Russian airspace incursions up here.

Rogue
8/25/2007, 06:39 PM
Cold War, Part Deux.

I was raised in Idaho and now live in TN.
Mountain Home, TN >>> Mountain Home, ID