PDA

View Full Version : Looks like Utah St.

SelmaBamaFan
8/24/2007, 03:22 PM
Me and a Co-worker have decided that Miami tickets are just too high, so we will be pitching in for Utah St. tickets. My question however is:

Bama plays the Piggies that night on either ESPN. Where can I catch that game after the OU game is over in Norman? The game comes on at 5:30 CT, so I'll have to find a bar as soon as I walk out of the stadium. I dont think I'll have time to fight traffic back to OKC to watch it at my sport's bar, so it'd be best to just stay in Norman and catch it. I was thinking O'Connell's but it will probably be too packed after the game. Are there any top notch sports bars in the area?

Jewstin
8/24/2007, 03:30 PM
You know, as a resident of Norman for three years now, I feel like I should know the answer to this question ...

But, I really don't. Texadelphia, off Berry and Lindsey (south side of the intersection), usually has a decent atmosphere for games and multiple televisions. Good beer deals, as well. I'm sure they'll have the Bama game on, and if not, they're usually pretty cool about putting it on.

Coach's isn't great for game watching in my experience, and you're right, O'Connels will be jampacked.

AlbqSooner
8/24/2007, 07:50 PM
Having done the sports bar thing when I lived in Florida, I find that if you go to the bartender, ask him if they are going to show the game, and hand him a $5 or $10 you will usually get the game you want on at least one TV.

JohnnyMack
8/24/2007, 08:09 PM
Go over to Yermom's place.

setem
8/24/2007, 08:11 PM
Vista's at the top of the Vista tower in downtown Norman on Main Street. It is a pretty nice joint and they have lots of TV's!

kbsooner
8/24/2007, 10:06 PM
Louie's Westside 2nd level. Couple of flat screens and away from a loud bar scene. Or buffalo wild wings off 35 in Moore...

goingoneight
8/24/2007, 10:42 PM
Wanna bet we don't beat them 77-0? :D

AllAboutThe'O'
8/24/2007, 10:44 PM
You know, as a resident of Norman for three years now, I feel like I should know the answer to this question ...

But, I really don't. Texadelphia, off Berry and Lindsey (south side of the intersection), usually has a decent atmosphere for games and multiple televisions. Good beer deals, as well. I'm sure they'll have the Bama game on, and if not, they're usually pretty cool about putting it on.

Coach's isn't great for game watching in my experience, and you're right, O'Connels will be jampacked.
Not to mention, Texadelphia also has a cool Ms. Pac-Man tabletop machine. At least it was there when I went after an OU women's game in December.

Jimminy Crimson
8/25/2007, 04:37 AM
You should be able to find tickets to the Miami game below face value if you look around on gameday -- approaching kickoff.

As for the Bama/Piggy game, Logan's on Campus Corner has a nice atmosphere and a lot of TV's...

SelmaBamaFan
8/25/2007, 12:51 PM
Oh I plan on stopping by before the game to put a 20 in the jar or so, but didnt know if everyone would be wanting a rabid Bama fan watching us lose to the piggies or not hehe. I get down right angry and my language might not be appropriate for kids hehe.

If we win, I act pretty much the same way! :D

JohnnyMack
8/25/2007, 04:41 PM
Vista is a good place, gets crowded fast though.

AlabamaSooner
8/25/2007, 05:31 PM
Gee Selma, you sure look familiar....oh yeah, tidefans.com :P . Sorry about mixing up the times. You were right. Since they are at different times, I don't think you'll have a hard time finding a place with a lot of TVs that will be showing the ESPN2 game (the Bama game in this case). If the Sooners are done playing, all the national broadcasts can usually be found. Someone made a good point about the Vista on Main St. I guarantee you that it'll be on there along with tons of other games (not to mention a great view of Norman and campus). Campus Corner is fun, but probably not for a fellow rabid Bama fan who will be really into watching just one game since it will be so packed...lol. While at OU, I usually had to get away from large crowds during Bama games because I get so into it. ;) My girlfriend had to go to the other room during the 2003 Iron Bowl...lol.

Frozen Sooner
8/25/2007, 06:46 PM
Peanut Farm.

IndianJack
8/25/2007, 07:14 PM
Suga's?

Just don't set your expectations too high.

SelmaBamaFan
8/25/2007, 07:16 PM
Peanut Farm.

:(