PDA

View Full Version : Wedding Update

SicEmBaylor
8/24/2007, 02:14 PM
Well, I have been demoted. I'm no longer the maid-of-honor thing.
Apparently, I wasn't being sufficiently supportive since I suggested she wait a little longer to get married.

Anyway, now I'm operating the wedding music. It's supposedly all keyed up on one of those electronic keyboard things. I have to stand up there and press the buttons for the songs like the freaking Captain and/or Tennille.

crawfish
8/24/2007, 02:18 PM
I hope you didn't blow all your money on the dress already.

Jimminy Crimson
8/24/2007, 02:20 PM
Pretend you're playing the keyboard, just out of spite.

SicEmBaylor
8/24/2007, 02:23 PM
Pretend you're playing the keyboard, just out of spite.
I need to get me some Ray Charles shades and play, "hit the road Jack."

Osce0la
8/24/2007, 02:49 PM
I know you must be heartbroken...believe me, all of us are. We were waiting to see the wedding pics of SicEm in his cute pink dress...

Petro-Sooner
8/24/2007, 02:53 PM
I still can't believe you agreed to be a maid of honor. You know all the men in the audience would have been thinking. What a wuss.

Osce0la
8/24/2007, 02:56 PM
I still can't believe you agreed to be a maid of honor. You know all the men in the audience would have been thinking. GHEY.
fixed

OUinFLA
8/24/2007, 03:05 PM
So basically, you the "on/off" switch guy?

Kinda describes your relationship with this woman, right?

Petro-Sooner
8/24/2007, 03:11 PM
OK, I'll ask. She told you she doesnt want you to be a maid of honor now but whats you to turn the music on? You said ok, sounds fine by me? Did she explain her side or just tell you you were out and was bringing in the left hander?

proud gonzo
8/24/2007, 03:56 PM
argh.

SicEmBaylor
8/24/2007, 04:10 PM
OK, I'll ask. She told you she doesnt want you to be a maid of honor now but whats you to turn the music on? You said ok, sounds fine by me? Did she explain her side or just tell you you were out and was bringing in the left hander?

There will be neither groomsmen nor maids of honor. I think that's the real reason -- she didn't want things to turn silly by only having one maid err man of honor.

She said I wasn't being sufficiently supportive and then asked me to do the music. I said, "fine."

SoonerStormchaser
8/24/2007, 04:21 PM
http://www.vinilica.it/store/catalog/medi/CaptainTennile_LP07.jpg
Do that to me one more time...once is never enough...

tommieharris91
8/24/2007, 04:23 PM
There will be neither groomsmen nor maids of honor. I think that's the real reason -- she didn't want things to turn silly by only having one maid err man of honor.

She said I wasn't being sufficiently supportive and then asked me to do the music. I said, "fine."

She shoudl have given you something fun, like flower girl...err, dude...

;)

Ike
8/24/2007, 04:31 PM
So you were shirking your maid of honor duties? What, were you disagreeable when she asked you to model wedding gowns?

SicEmBaylor
8/24/2007, 04:32 PM
So you were shirking your maid of honor duties? What, were you disagreeable when she asked you to model wedding gowns?
I tried to talk her out of getting married. Apparently, that means I wasn't supportive.

SicEmBaylor
8/24/2007, 04:32 PM
The wedding is next weekend by the way.

Gotta head back up to Okie for it on Thursday after class.

Ike
8/24/2007, 04:39 PM
I tried to talk her out of getting married. Apparently, that means I wasn't supportive.

Rule #45689175627(q) regarding women: Do not attempt to change a womans mind directly. It cannot be done. The only way to get a woman to change her mind is to make her believe that it was her idea to change her mind in the first place.

SicEmBaylor
8/24/2007, 04:41 PM
Rule #45689175627(q) regarding women: Do not attempt to change a womans mind directly. It cannot be done. The only way to get a woman to change her mind is to make her believe that it was her idea to change her mind in the first place.
It's a week away and I don't have time to learn myself. Will you do it for me?

Ike
8/24/2007, 04:44 PM
no.

SicEmBaylor
8/24/2007, 05:07 PM
no.
:( That's what she said.

PhxSooner
8/24/2007, 06:48 PM
I hate to re-enter this side show, but...

Next week? That's pretty fast.

Scott D
8/24/2007, 07:05 PM
I'm calling ****ing shenanigans on this bull****.

SoonerGirl06
8/24/2007, 07:12 PM
SicEm you missed the prime opportunity to tell the hack to get bent when she decided to demote you to Organ Boy.

sanantoniosooner
8/24/2007, 07:15 PM
If there is anything Sic'em is qualified for it's to be the "organ" boy.

SicEmBaylor
8/24/2007, 07:17 PM
If there is anything Sic'em is qualified for it's to be the "organ" boy.

I thought my supposed lack of an organ is what led to all of this in the first place.

sanantoniosooner
8/24/2007, 07:19 PM
Owning one personally and having access to others is two different things.

SoonerGirl06
8/24/2007, 07:20 PM
Hmmmm... so THAT'S why you were asking about penile enlargement for your "friend"???

I'll see what kind of a discount I can get for you... I mean your "friend".

;) :D

SicEmBaylor
8/24/2007, 07:22 PM
Anyway, I'll get pics but I won't be in the wedding party. Unless you could what I'm doing as "wedding party"

SoonerGirl06
8/24/2007, 07:26 PM
Oh SicEm... I'm so sorry to hear about your demotion. I know that it must be a real let down not being in the wedding party of your ex's wedding.

If it'll make you feel better, I'll let you be one of my bridesmaids.

SicEmBaylor
8/24/2007, 07:28 PM
Oh SicEm... I'm so sorry to hear about your demotion. I know that it must be a real let down not being in the wedding party of your ex's wedding.

If it'll make you feel better, I let you be one of my bridesmaids in June.

It doesn't. I never slept with you.................yet.

I wanted the honor of being the maid of honor for a chick I dated. That's something you don't get to do every day.

SoonerGirl06
8/24/2007, 07:30 PM

I wanted the honor of being the maid of honor for a chick I dated. That's something you don't get to do every day.

Well, you ARE on the list... so there is still a possibility.

Scott D
8/24/2007, 08:26 PM
Well, you ARE on the list... so there is still a possibility.

vet you didn't say sg swung back toward the ladies too ;)

phead903
8/24/2007, 08:43 PM

You will never know what you're missing...

SoonerGirl06
8/24/2007, 08:47 PM
OMG!!!!!

phead903
8/24/2007, 08:58 PM
OMG!!!!!

Yes, I've heard that before....

and I've said that before as well!:D

SicEmBaylor
8/24/2007, 08:58 PM
OMG!!!!!
Save it................save it!

SoonerGirl06
8/24/2007, 09:00 PM
THAT'S NOT WHAT I MEANT!

I meant OMG as in "I can't believe you said that!"

:mad:

VeeJay
8/24/2007, 09:55 PM
I'm not understanding something here.

Girls I've dumped - I'd want to be no where near them on their wedding day.

Girls that have dumped me - I'd want to be no where near them on their wedding day.

Have I missed something?

GottaHavePride
8/24/2007, 09:56 PM

Right. Because if you date her it's either supposed to be you marrying her, or when you break up you misuse the "exit only" door and never speak to her again. There is no middle ground.

Scott D
8/24/2007, 10:12 PM

Girls that have dumped me - I'd want to be no where near them on their wedding day.

Have I missed something?

probably the fact that sicem is in the closet.

olevetonahill
8/24/2007, 10:15 PM

Have I missed something?
Sicem is gonna grind his organ monkey at the weddin

SicEmBaylor
8/24/2007, 11:07 PM
I'm not in the closet-- I'm just really sensative.

Petro-Sooner
8/24/2007, 11:07 PM
Sad. I pull for the guy. However it just ends up the same.

olevetonahill
8/24/2007, 11:16 PM
Sad. I pull the guy. However it just ends up the same.
everytime huh ?

DoubleDown
8/24/2007, 11:20 PM
No one is this pathetic. Even you.

olevetonahill
8/25/2007, 12:14 AM
No one is this pathetic. Even you.
Careful there nOOb hes our pet !:twinkies:

Scott D
8/25/2007, 12:17 AM
Sad. I pull for the guy. However it just ends up the same.

in other news, Petro has a soft spot for LA Clippers and the Tampa Bay Devil Rays ;)

Petro-Sooner
8/25/2007, 12:23 AM
Growing up I was a Royals fan. heh

Scott D
8/25/2007, 12:24 AM
the Royals were halfway decent when you were a tyke ;)

SicEmBaylor
8/25/2007, 12:40 AM
Baseball sucks.

TheHumanAlphabet
8/25/2007, 07:31 AM
I would beg off the music gig. Tell her you'll enjoy the wedding as a spectator and let her find a music person.

OUinFLA
8/25/2007, 07:38 AM
I would beg off the music gig. Tell her you'll enjoy the wedding as a spectator and let her find a music person.

Give her a $19.85 WalMart radio as a pre-wedding gift.
Pre-tune it to elevator music and tell her your obligations are fulfilled.
Spend the weekend in Branson sucking down a couple of Zimas.

Scott D
8/25/2007, 09:18 AM
Baseball sucks.

sorry that we all can't be fascinated staring at Vogue and Glamour for hours upon end like you.

birddog
8/25/2007, 10:39 AM
i'm still tryin to wrap my brain around this whole maid-of-honor business.

SicEmBaylor
8/25/2007, 12:40 PM
****, I've been demoted again. Her rehearsal is on Thursday (I thought it was Friday), and I told her that I didn't think that I could take a Thursday off of class to drive back to Oklahoma.

I got this email from her today:

Well, that's the only time there will be a rehearsal, so if you can't come, I may have to have someone else do it. Not saying that to be mean, but I'm too big of a perfectionist to have it ran by the seat of your pants. Sorry

OCUDad
8/25/2007, 12:45 PM
Baseball sucks.Turn in your man card. Again.

Scott D
8/25/2007, 12:54 PM
****, I've been demoted again. Her rehearsal is on Thursday (I thought it was Friday), and I told her that I didn't think that I could take a Thursday off of class to drive back to Oklahoma.

There better be an email from you today that says the following.

"I don't give a **** about your rehearsal. I'm tired of you just being a ****ing pain in the *** about this. At no point during this did you ever have the common ****ing courtesy to check in advance if these times were workable. For someone who claimed they wanted me to be involved you've done an incredibly poor job at it. I have a feeling this is how your ****ing marriage is going to be also. So in advance, congratulations for failing at marriage and life."

as a matter of fact SicEm, you might actually get consideration for a man card if you just cut/paste that into an email.

SicEmBaylor
8/25/2007, 12:55 PM
There better be an email from you today that says the following.

"I don't give a **** about your rehearsal. I'm tired of you just being a ****ing pain in the *** about this. At no point during this did you ever have the common ****ing courtesy to check in advance if these times were workable. For someone who claimed they wanted me to be involved you've done an incredibly poor job at it. I have a feeling this is how your ****ing marriage is going to be also. So in advance, congratulations for failing at marriage and life."

as a matter of fact SicEm, you might actually get consideration for a man card if you just cut/paste that into an email.

That's definitely what I feel like saying.

Scott D
8/25/2007, 12:56 PM
so say it..don't be a ***** about it.

proud gonzo
8/25/2007, 12:59 PM
no ****. you let her walk all over you and she's not even your girlfriend anymore. good lord.

proud gonzo
8/25/2007, 01:00 PM
and she obviously doesn't want you in her wedding because she cares that you're there. She just knows she can push you around because you'll do whatever the **** she says.

OUinFLA
8/25/2007, 01:07 PM
well, you send an email with a SO overtone....
like....

**** off, dip ****

perhaps that will remove all chance of her calling you when her marrage falls apart in a year or two.

Which, btw, would be a good deal for your future.

SelmaBamaFan
8/25/2007, 02:06 PM
I think sicem should skip the wedding and all of us get him drunk in Norman!

tulsaoilerfan
8/25/2007, 02:09 PM

Good thing you would probably end up in New Mexico anyway. :D

tulsaoilerfan
8/25/2007, 02:10 PM
Is Sic Em a real person? :)

tommieharris91
8/25/2007, 03:00 PM
SicEm you really shouldn't go to that wedding.

proud gonzo
8/25/2007, 03:12 PM
we've been telling him that for months.

LosAngelesSooner
8/25/2007, 03:54 PM
and she obviously doesn't want you in her wedding because she cares that you're there. She just knows she can push you around because you'll do whatever the **** she says.Straight up DOPE!!!!

You rock, PG.

SicEmBaylor
9/2/2007, 12:19 AM
Well, her wedding was last night (Friday). I went to class on Friday until 11:00 and then headed up to OK. When I got there, her mother hugged me and said, "Let me go tell her you're here because she would want to see you."

So....her mom takes me back to the back room where she's getting ready just before the ceremony started. We talked a minute and then I went to my seat.

I've always thought she was beautiful but never more than she did last night. :-\ I'm pretty upset about things. It was very very difficult and I'm having a very hard time with it, but what can you do. I picked up some Shiner (albeit the lousy *** Okie 3pt variety). My birthday is Tuesday and I'll be back in Waco so my friends are going to take me out and some drinking will be had. That may make me feel better I guess.

GottaHavePride
9/2/2007, 12:24 AM
Dude, the yainch has been using you for years, and you're STILL letting her **** with your head. She's not worth it.

proud gonzo
9/2/2007, 12:32 AM
Well, her wedding was last night (Friday). I went to class on Friday until 11:00 and then headed up to OK. When I got there, her mother hugged me and said, "Let me go tell her you're here because she would want to see you."

So....her mom takes me back to the back room where she's getting ready just before the ceremony started. We talked a minute and then I went to my seat.

I've always thought she was beautiful but never more than she did last night. :-\ I'm pretty upset about things. It was very very difficult and I'm having a very hard time with it, but what can you do. I picked up some Shiner (albeit the lousy *** Okie 3pt variety). My birthday is Tuesday and I'll be back in Waco so my friends are going to take me out and some drinking will be had. That may make me feel better I guess.oh my god, you are a woman.

Sooner Born Sooner Bred
9/2/2007, 12:46 AM

I've always thought she was beautiful but never more than she did last night. :-\ I'm pretty upset about things. It was very very difficult and I'm having a very hard time with it, but what can you do. I picked up some Shiner (albeit the lousy *** Okie 3pt variety). My birthday is Tuesday and I'll be back in Waco so my friends are going to take me out and some drinking will be had. That may make me feel better I guess.3 out of 5 posters agree that maybe you just need to get laid.

Ike
9/2/2007, 12:54 AM
3 out of 5 posters agree that maybe you just need to get laid.

more like 23,453 out of 23,455

tommieharris91
9/2/2007, 02:17 AM
I was gonna say 5 of 5.

olevetonahill
9/2/2007, 02:33 AM
Hell he needs to grow a set before he can get laid .

SicEmBaylor
9/2/2007, 02:42 AM
I assume you all are kidding when you say stuff like that. I know I need to get over it, but I wouldn't trade all the random sex in the world for one night with the one person that I love more than anyone else in this world.

I dated a girl for a few months after SicEmEx from Rice, and neither sex with her nor sex with anyone else can substitute for what makes me happy. SicEmEx makes me happy. Hopefully, there's someone else out there who will make me as happy as she has but just going out and trying to get laid (and most likely failing at it) isn't going to do the trick. If that makes me gay then whatever.

olevetonahill
9/2/2007, 02:56 AM
:( :( :(

Rogue
9/2/2007, 06:28 AM
Nothing wrong with being a romantic, Sic. But trying to be a romantic on the SO = you're asking for abuse. You may not be a masochist, but you sure have some 'sock it to me, baby' ways.

Sooner Born Sooner Bred
9/2/2007, 10:02 AM
I'm sorry, but she does not make you happy. She makes you ****ing miserable. Wallowing in that misery makes you happy.

It's time to move on and find another girl who still watches Zac and Cody and only has intercourse in the water.

Scott D
9/2/2007, 11:04 AM

I've always thought she was beautiful but never more than she did last night. :-\ I'm pretty upset about things. It was very very difficult and I'm having a very hard time with it, but what can you do. I picked up some Shiner (albeit the lousy *** Okie 3pt variety). My birthday is Tuesday and I'll be back in Waco so my friends are going to take me out and some drinking will be had. That may make me feel better I guess.

a male of this species...with both testosterone, and testosterone producing genitalia would have not gone to this wedding. I'm pretty sure at some point someone is going to have to do an intervention and drag your *** up to the Dean compound for two weeks of hard labor to put some hair on your elementary school scrotum.

SoonerGirl06
9/2/2007, 11:33 AM
Why waste your time on someone who obviously doesn't love you. If someone truly loves you then they don't treat you in the manner in which she has. Take it from me, life is too short to waste the love you have to give on someone who doesn't appreciate it and doesn't cherish it.

Get over her SicEm. Find someone... no matter how long it takes... who will love you unconditionally, appreciate you and cherish you for who you are, for what you have to offer.

Go get drunk with your friends. Make it a night of wallowing and throwing memories of her out of your head and most importantly out of your heart; then move on... never looking back.

Scott D
9/2/2007, 11:43 AM
gawd I swear, you don't call a woman back once after suppossedly promising you would while inebriated and not only does she remind you of it...she uses olevetavatars ;)

VeeJay
9/2/2007, 11:55 AM
If that makes me gay then whatever.

Emotions are within all of us. No one likes being hurt or getting dumped.

To get this one out of your mind, you need a hobby. May I recommend scrapbooking?

SoonerGirl06
9/2/2007, 01:29 PM
gawd I swear, you don't call a woman back once after suppossedly promising you would while inebriated and not only does she remind you of it...she uses olevetavatars ;)

I shall never let you live it down.... ;)

SicEmBaylor
9/4/2007, 12:13 AM
Thanks for the encouragement. I've been drinking a lot this weekend which helps a little bit I suppose. Hopefully once I start class again tomorrow, I can get my mind off her and things.

TexasLidig8r
9/4/2007, 10:45 AM
Sic.. Sic.. Sic... on your drive back to Wacko.. you should have stopped in Dallas.... would have plied you with Makers Mark and cuban cigars, you would have beheld the modern day Sodom and Gommorrah that Dallas truly is.. and a bevy of morally bankrupt bimbettes would have provided short term relief.

You have much to learn about shallow, superficial band aids for the soul!

:D