PDA

View Full Version : Getting **** faced drunk before games...

CatfishSooner
8/23/2007, 11:25 PM
Why do people feel like they "need" to be **** canned before OU football game? YOu know what I mean, the people who say they are waking up at 5 am to start drinking before the 11 am Miami game. I would rather wait and be able to celebrate after the game...anyone that starts drinking at 5 or 6 will be completley worthless after our victory over the cocains...
I'm not saying I don't like to drink before games, but I like to actually remember them as well.

Will
8/23/2007, 11:27 PM
I totally agree with you catfish. The so called fans that get hammered before the games and then are too tired to stay an leave at half time are there for the social atmosphere and to look cool. Not a true FAn!

Ardmore_Sooner
8/23/2007, 11:30 PM
Most people who drink before the games are students. If only I had a dime for every bottle of Jack Daniels I've seen there after a game.

soonersweetie
8/23/2007, 11:31 PM
This is probably one of the things that bugs me the most at sporting events. Particularly OU and Pro sporting events where the tix cost mega-bucks. Why spend all that money on a ticket and get wasted and then not even remember the game? They might as well have stayed home. Just doesn't make any sense.

Soonerus
8/23/2007, 11:31 PM
you best bet is to wait until after each game for alcoholic indulugence....

CatfishSooner
8/23/2007, 11:32 PM
I have no problem w/ catching a nice buzz, but drinking too much just impedes on my game watching capability (bathroom breaks, falls, memory, etc.)

Will
8/23/2007, 11:33 PM
Although it is pretty funny to see the drunks making fools of themselves in the stands

oumartin
8/23/2007, 11:33 PM
Not a good idea. Last year before the season opener I was at the game with a friend mentioned in a previous thread about mistakes. She was drunk and we were standing in line with our tickets and she starts poppin' off about what is she supposed to do with her knife. I look at her and give her the "shut your f'ing mouth" look she only gets louder. I thought oh boy here we go. We are going to jail for sure now.
I am not sure what got her to finally shut up but my gawd I was embarrassed and nervous. People around us were looking at us quite strangely

CatfishSooner
8/23/2007, 11:34 PM
There is a fine line b/t drinking to get a nice buzz and over-doing it and ruining the whole experience...

The Maestro
8/23/2007, 11:39 PM
I have a golf cart in Stockholm, Sweden, ready and waiting for me on Sept. 8th.

Or maybe I will take your advice to heart...in PHX, AZ.

Harry Beanbag
8/24/2007, 12:52 AM
I'm drunk now, does that count?

It's Happy Thursday!!!!!11!!!11!!

oumartin
8/24/2007, 01:26 AM
drunk and probably naked

StoopTroup
8/24/2007, 01:33 AM
I missed most of the 2003 through 2005 seasons. ;)

OUinFLA
8/24/2007, 07:42 AM
I missed most of the 2003 through 2005 seasons. ;)

There was nothing to miss in the 2005 season. Haven't you heard?

afs
8/24/2007, 07:49 AM
i think it started back in the late 90s and just continued on from them.

jk the sooner fan
8/24/2007, 08:17 AM
i've never understood the need to get toasted before/during a game either

i suspect the people that do that are normally toasted that time of the day on a regular basis

tommieharris91
8/24/2007, 10:38 AM
Being hung over sux too. I remember one game where I had to go spill my guts because of the bottle of 100-proof Smirnoff from the night before. It wasn't a fun experience.

yermom
8/24/2007, 11:38 AM
i've never understood the need to get toasted before/during a game either

i suspect the people that do that are normally toasted that time of the day on a regular basis

i don't get it for concerts, etc... either. for one, i don't like fighting the crowds once i break the seal

but it seems more like it's an excuse to get wasted than a regular occurance with people i know

jk the sooner fan
8/24/2007, 11:52 AM
i don't get it for concerts, etc... either. for one, i don't like fighting the crowds once i break the seal

ditto! perfect reason

Osce0la
8/24/2007, 11:58 AM
Tivo

You can get drunk at the game, not remember the game, go home, sober up, watch the game again. Then you see the game twice in one day, all while being **** faced at the actual game.

problem solved. ywia.

Fraggle145
8/24/2007, 12:06 PM
There is a fine line b/t drinking to get a nice buzz and over-doing it and ruining the whole experience...

True. I only stumbled over the line for the texas tech game last year. the first half wasnt looking so good and I was at o'connells. I was starting the get rid of the pain drunk a little early just in case. I dotn rememebr any of the second half as I then switched into victory drinking mode a little too soon.

One During a ou/tx game I was still drunk from the night before it was pretty bad by the second qtr. My buddy (in the same boat I was in) actually fell asleep for a bit in the stands :eek: (the 12-0year not as much excitement). The only thing that saved me was 4 bottles of water and then the 4 beers I pounded at halftime and the fat dip of copenhagen. Then I was a cheering machine again!

rufnek05
8/24/2007, 12:14 PM
i can proudly say that i have never been drunk before a game. shotguns+beer+86000 people not a good combo

Frozen Sooner
8/24/2007, 12:53 PM
Yeah, but what about drinking+POPguns+86,000 people?

Never understood the whole "gettin' 'faced before the game" phenomenon either. Drinking and football are separate experiences for me.

jk the sooner fan
8/24/2007, 12:54 PM
i do know this, the drunker you are in the stands, the better you are at coaching D1 football

soonerbrat
8/24/2007, 12:55 PM
Most people who drink before the games are students. If only I had a dime for every bottle of Jack Daniels I've seen there after a game.

pick 'em up and take 'em in to the recycling center. then you would have a dime for every bottle.

silverwheels
8/24/2007, 12:56 PM
I prefer to save my inebriation for after the game, for either celebration or mourning.

rufnek05
8/24/2007, 12:58 PM
but i'm all for gettin hammered after the game. plus, out there on the field hung over is ****ty, i couldn't even imagine being drunk on the field.

soonerbrat
8/24/2007, 12:58 PM
and for the record..if i drink before a game, i get a headache by halftime.

royalfan5
8/24/2007, 01:00 PM
Nothing worse than sobering up and realizing that Maine is giving you all you want. I quit mixing drinking and football after that experience.

proud gonzo
8/24/2007, 01:00 PM
but i'm all for gettin hammered after the game. plus, out there on the field hung over is ****ty, i couldn't even imagine being drunk on the field.I know people who have marched while ****faced. Hell, I even think getting hammered after the game is dumb. I think getting hammered is dumb in most instances, though.

TexasLidig8r
8/24/2007, 01:18 PM
Yes. .but.. the Texas - OU game seems to be the exception. Starting with bloody marys.. then a warm beer or 2 and cold corny dogs before the game... then.. sneaking in the flask of Maker's Mark...

The adrenaline coursing through the old stadium is enough to keep you alert.. no matter how smashed you get....

lol... anyhoo.. took my son to the game last year... so I get us seats in the UT student section... as the game nears an end.. this dude about 5 rows back tries to stumble down the steps.. his date is literally holding him up.. they make it to the row right behind me and he can't make it anymore.. plops down BIG time at the end of the row... he's got drool coming out of his mouth, head is bobbing.. eyes are glassy.. he tries to drink some water out of a bottle that someone hands him.. he spills it all down his shirt... So, I do what any red blooded 'Merican" would do.. I light up a victory cigar... now.. being about 5 feet away from him, the wind carries the smoke right into this guy's face.. he gets about 3 wiffs.. then.. HURLS ALL OVER HIS PANTS and into the aisle. I start laughing, his date is crying.... I look at my son who's kind of smiling, shaking his head and use the old line, "Fat drunk and stupid is no way to go through life son."

Good times ...

rufnek05
8/24/2007, 01:22 PM
Yes. .but.. the Texas - OU game seems to be the exception. Starting with bloody marys.. then a warm beer or 2 and cold corny dogs before the game... then.. sneaking in the flask of Maker's Mark...

The adrenaline coursing through the old stadium is enough to keep you alert.. no matter how smashed you get....

word

colleyvillesooner
8/24/2007, 02:10 PM
I'm sure I'll out grow it, but I like to get a buzz before games. I've never snuck alcohol in though. My drinking stops at the gates. I like to focus on the game, and a small buzz doesn't seem to hurt that. Helps with my cheering. ;) Plus, I'm fine for the drive home later.

Breaking the seal is the only bad part.

Only time I was semi-"drunk" going into a game was last year at the Big 12 Championship. jack Daniels is your friend when it's 19 degrees and your standing outside. Didn't notice my toes were freezing until 3rd quarter.

TheUnnamedSooner
8/24/2007, 02:59 PM
It's an excuse to drink. And I like excuses to drink! I have found that being smashed at the games isn't so much fun. Having a buzz is good though.

tommieharris91
8/24/2007, 04:06 PM
Whenever the day of the week end in y there is an excuse to drink.

TexasSooner01
8/24/2007, 04:40 PM

lol... anyhoo.. took my son to the game last year... so I get us seats in the UT student section... as the game nears an end.. this dude about 5 rows back tries to stumble down the steps.. his date is literally holding him up.. they make it to the row right behind me and he can't make it anymore.. plops down BIG time at the end of the row... he's got drool coming out of his mouth, head is bobbing.. eyes are glassy.. he tries to drink some water out of a bottle that someone hands him.. he spills it all down his shirt... So, I do what any red blooded 'Merican" would do.. I light up a victory cigar... now.. being about 5 feet away from him, the wind carries the smoke right into this guy's face.. he gets about 3 wiffs.. then.. HURLS ALL OVER HIS PANTS and into the aisle. I start laughing, his date is crying.... I look at my son who's kind of smiling, shaking his head and use the old line, "Fat drunk and stupid is no way to go through life son."

Good times ...

:D sounds like something I would do.

GrapevineSooner
8/24/2007, 04:40 PM
Buzz? Sure.

****faced drunk? Never understood why under any circumstances.

CatfishSooner
8/25/2007, 12:59 PM
Only time I was semi-"drunk" going into a game was last year at the Big 12 Championship. jack Daniels is your friend when it's 19 degrees and your standing outside. Didn't notice my toes were freezing until 3rd quarter.

Some Crown definitely helped w/ the "nip" that game!:D

sanantoniosooner
8/25/2007, 01:15 PM
I watched some wife drag her drunk husband out of the OU/UT game last year. Wearing Crimson.

He was bumping into all kinds of people and stumbling like a fool. I was embarrassed for her and all OU fans in the vicinity.

OU Adonis
8/25/2007, 01:43 PM
Ahh, living in the bible belt.

SelmaBamaFan
8/25/2007, 01:51 PM
I always drink when I watch games on TV. It helps calm my nerves, and relaxes me. The amount I drink once the game starts depends on how my team is doing. The worse they do the more doubles I drink. :D

As far as going to games, I never, EVER drink beforehand. I am one of those rude fans that 'never sits down' or 'yells too damn much', and being drunk would make me pass out doing all that hehe. It's also why I prefer to sit in the student section so I dont get as many complaints from old people!

yermom
8/25/2007, 05:12 PM
i love that about the student section :D