PDA

View Full Version : Uncle Julio's

Boarder
8/23/2007, 10:52 PM
Very tasty. Excellent salsa. It rivals Breckenridge Brewery's. I was quite impressed.

GottaHavePride
8/23/2007, 10:52 PM
Is it down by the schoolyard?

soonerboomer93
8/23/2007, 10:53 PM
yes, Uncle Julios is good

(it's a Dallas Chain, atleast that's the only place i've seen it)

Boarder
8/23/2007, 10:56 PM
In a couple of days they're gonna take me away.

Jimminy Crimson
8/24/2007, 02:36 AM
Their fajitas are muy delicioso! Mmmm, melted butter! :hot:

jk the sooner fan
8/24/2007, 06:02 AM
uncle julio's is great,.......did you go to the one in fort worth or the one on the tollway in dallas?

colleyvillesooner
8/24/2007, 07:46 AM
There's a new one in grapevine now too, and on Lemmon in Oak Lawn.

The sourcream chicken enchiladas are great.

jk the sooner fan
8/24/2007, 08:18 AM
The sourcream chicken enchiladas are great.

mrs jk would heartily agree with you!

as would i

i think the one in fort worth is actually better than the one on the tollway

havent tried the other two

if you're going to be down in the HP/UP area,.Chuy's is the best

proud gonzo
8/24/2007, 08:36 AM
In a couple of days they're gonna take me away.But teh press let the story leak

colleyvillesooner
8/24/2007, 08:49 AM
if you're going to be down in the HP/UP area,.Chuy's is the best

I need to give it another shot. I only went once, but I wasn't impressed.

jk the sooner fan
8/24/2007, 08:51 AM
say what!!!!!!!

colleyvillesooner
8/24/2007, 08:54 AM
Like I said, it was probably just bad service, bad luck kind of thing. It was awhile ago

jk the sooner fan
8/24/2007, 08:56 AM
hmmm, its been awhile since i've ventured to that part of town

i loved the place when i was in san antonio

Soonrboy
8/24/2007, 09:05 AM
I broke one of those cheap plastic chairs they keep on the patio. I hate those chairs. the leg got whoppy-jawed before I plopped my fat *** down on it, and down I went. Quite embarrassing, but comped food!

TexasLidig8r
8/24/2007, 09:07 AM
Give me Mi Cocina for my Meskin food fix...

Blue Mesa's Sunday brunch rocks my face off too.

frankensooner
8/24/2007, 09:45 AM
But teh press let the story leak
But then the radical priest come to get me released and we all end up on the cover of newsweek.

SeattleOUstudent
8/24/2007, 10:20 AM

DOOOOD! Mi Cocinas! Best salsa, hands down.

I need to start another thread.

Beef
8/24/2007, 10:24 AM

I concur.

Mmmmmm....mambo taxi.

soonerbrat
8/24/2007, 10:27 AM
I went to Uncle Julio's on the tollway, I think. Not that impressed, but there were some Nebraska fans there for a bowl game and they were amazed. One of them, the know-all be all of mexican food for Nebraska thought it was the best evar. He instructed his other husker friends on how to enjoy guacamole, and that the thing they HAD to see in texas was the stockyards.

OUAndy1807
8/24/2007, 10:30 AM
we're going this weekend. plato gordo is the best.my dad worked in Dallas for about 4 years when I was growing up and he lived in an apartment down on Turtle Creek. I'd go down and visit and we'd always eat at the one on Lemmon. it was the only place I've ever seen 2 men openly making out in a restaurant (and this was in like 1991)

C&CDean
8/24/2007, 10:38 AM
Never been there. However, if jk likes it then it's gotta be good. That is if mexican TV dinners are you're definition of "good."

jk the sooner fan
8/24/2007, 10:39 AM
cristina's is still the best in the metroplex.....imo

colleyvillesooner
Never been there. However, if jk likes it then it's gotta be good. That is if mexican TV dinners are you're definition of "good."

Even you have to admit that there are some Mexican Food places that taste better than a TV dinner.

jk the sooner fan

do i need a restraining order from you?

you're doing the very same thing you gave me a rash of **** about doing to your buddy fan

C&CDean
8/24/2007, 10:42 AM
do i need a restraining order from you?

you're doing the very same thing you gave me a rash of **** about doing to your buddy fan

But it's fun. And you take the bait every time. And I'm lighthearted but you were just being mean. And it's fact that you like you some crappy food. NTTAWWT.

jk the sooner fan
8/24/2007, 10:43 AM
i was being mean?

fan has said some pretty "mean" things himself then, using your standard

oh good lord, now you're more full of **** than before....but thank the lord i have you to determine what is good and what is bad for my very own tastebuds

jk the sooner fan
8/24/2007, 10:46 AM
i'm still trying to figure out what i said that was "mean"

i can only assume you're referring to the confederate flag comment

you know, if you're too blind to realize he was dishing out his own shock comments and was just being given a dose of his own medicine, then thats on you

C&CDean
8/24/2007, 10:49 AM
i was being mean?

fan has said some pretty "mean" things himself then, using your standard

oh good lord, now you're more full of **** than before....but thank the lord i have you to determine what is good and what is bad for my very own tastebuds

Fan said mean things about things. You were the one who took them personally. He hates frats. You acted like he was attacking you. He hates Lincoln. I guess Abe is your great, great, great, great grandaddy or something. Whatever.

And as far as the food thing goes - it's kinda like watching the **** TV you like. Obviously there are a lot of misled people who are on your side. If there weren't a lot of folks with no taste in food or television all the craptastic restaurants and even craptasticer TV shows wouldn't be around. No?

I, on the other hand, just choose to rise above the ignorant masses. I accept that I am unique and not another member of the dumbed down mouth breathers. Don't be a hater.

cozysooner
8/24/2007, 11:00 AM
Uncle Julio's = Yuck! I can name 10 places in Dallas that blow that place out of the water. Food is very average but it gets a lot of hype for being a trendy place to go. Try out any of the below for some good mex or tex-mex.

Herrera's (Love Field area)
Casa Dominguez
Christina's
Los Charros
Luna De Noche
Manny's (Frisco)
Abuelo's
La Calle Doce
El Fenix (NW Hwy)
Blue Goose

proud gonzo
8/24/2007, 11:12 AM
you are all making me hungry for messican food, now. damn it.

jk the sooner fan
8/24/2007, 11:45 AM
Fan said mean things about things. You were the one who took them personally. He hates frats. You acted like he was attacking you. He hates Lincoln. I guess Abe is your great, great, great, great grandaddy or something. Whatever.

And as far as the food thing goes - it's kinda like watching the **** TV you like. Obviously there are a lot of misled people who are on your side. If there weren't a lot of folks with no taste in food or television all the craptastic restaurants and even craptasticer TV shows wouldn't be around. No?

I, on the other hand, just choose to rise above the ignorant masses. I accept that I am unique and not another member of the dumbed down mouth breathers. Don't be a hater.

you've got selective reading skills....fan paints with a pretty broad brush at times, and his frat comments were directed at frat members....and there happen to be quite a few of them that post here.....and he's offended many more than just me....but your'e right, its just me taking it personal

i'm not related to lincoln, i just think his views are ignorant on the subject

i was simply painting with the same broad brush he was

and for you to call me out for giving somebody a hard time is the best example of the pot calling the kettle black

Petro-Sooner
8/24/2007, 12:11 PM
Mia's. North of downtown Dallas. Known for their brisket tacos. Good stuff.

C&CDean
8/24/2007, 12:23 PM
you've got selective reading skills....fan paints with a pretty broad brush at times, and his frat comments were directed at frat members....and there happen to be quite a few of them that post here.....and he's offended many more than just me....but your'e right, its just me taking it personal

i'm not related to lincoln, i just think his views are ignorant on the subject

i was simply painting with the same broad brush he was

and for you to call me out for giving somebody a hard time is the best example of the pot calling the kettle black

Dude, I was calling you out for having ****ty taste in food. This is a very well documented fact on this board. I eat the same grub you do, the difference is you go "ooh, it's the best" and I go "it filled the hole, however, I am ashamed, and I hope to never eat that **** again."

You're the one that brought up the other stuff.

proud gonzo
8/24/2007, 12:47 PM
dude, you're starting to type like Rus.

colleyvillesooner
8/24/2007, 01:57 PM
oh, I believe he's got a long way before that...

Boarder
8/24/2007, 02:12 PM
Uncle Julio's = Yuck! I can name 10 places in Dallas that blow that place out of the water. Food is very average but it gets a lot of hype for being a trendy place to go. Try out any of the below for some good mex or tex-mex.

Herrera's (Love Field area)
Casa Dominguez
Christina's
Los Charros
Luna De Noche
Manny's (Frisco)
Abuelo's
La Calle Doce
El Fenix (NW Hwy)
Blue Goose
You included an El Fenix? Ay Caramba!

It was in Grapevine. I don't know anything about it being trendy or cool. It was there. We tried it. It was tasty.

crawfish
8/24/2007, 02:20 PM
It's ok for yuppie-mex.

Way too expensive for what you get, tho.

Soonrboy
8/24/2007, 02:28 PM
What's the place in dallas where they had the very first frozen margarita machine? that was some good eating!

jk the sooner fan
8/24/2007, 02:34 PM
What's the place in dallas where they had the very first frozen margarita machine? that was some good eating!

oh man, i'm drawing a blank......i'll bet lid knows the answer

Boarder
8/24/2007, 02:42 PM
It's ok for yuppie-mex.

Way too expensive for what you get, tho.
I was pretty full. The bill was like $29 for two adults and two kids. I was happy with that.

Beef
8/24/2007, 02:45 PM
Mariano's. Used to be in Old Town at Lovers and Greenville, but I think it moved to Skillman and Abrams.

colleyvillesooner
8/24/2007, 02:46 PM
Mariano's Hacienda

http://www.dallasnews.com/s/dws/news/city/lakewood/stories/DN-margarita_09met.ART.West.Edition2.4242abd.html

edit: :mad:

RacerX
8/24/2007, 02:51 PM
Catch up Boarder. It's expensive and it sucks.

I can't wait for the football crowd threads to start!

Rogue
8/24/2007, 06:26 PM
They used to have a "Cadillac Platter." A whole lobster (with the roe) and fajitas! RMFO!!!

C&CDean
8/25/2007, 08:04 AM
I was pretty full. The bill was like $29 for two adults and two kids. I was happy with that.

So, did those two giant kids of yours get the Plato Gordo Craptastico? Or did they just eat off mom and dad's plate? Cause $15 a head for tex mex is pretty high. We ate at Bravo's in Purcell yesterday and the bill for 2 of us wasn't even $15. And I'd bet it was better than Tio Julio's.

So quit going to Dallas so much and eat at home.