PDA

View Full Version : Schnelly, or the 'horns?........

Salt City Sooner
8/23/2007, 08:10 AM
[Hans Gruber voice] Decide now, each of you. [/Hans Gruber voice]

The word around the Oxley Center is that FAU is close to finalizing a game at Texas next season. While athletic department officials say the deal is not finalized, it sounds like there are only a few small details to be worked out before a Owls-Longhorns tilt will be official.

The discussions are still ongoing, but the Owls believe they will be in Austin, Texas for the first game of the 2008 season. FAU also plays at Minnesota and at Michigan State next season.

Texas is familiar with Sun Belt Conference teams. The Longhorns will play host to Arkansas State to kick-of this season and have played a Sun Belt Conference team every year in its opening game since the Sun Belt’s first year in 2001.

http://www.palmbeachpost.com/blogs/content/shared-blogs/palmbeach/faublog/entries/2007/08/13/texas_sized_opponent_on_the.html

OKC-SLC
8/23/2007, 08:51 AM
Schnelly. A win by FAU at UT would be comedy gold.

virginiasooner
8/23/2007, 08:51 AM
There are times that matchups like this tick me off.

Landthief 1972
8/23/2007, 09:25 AM
This game vexes me almost as much as the OSU-Bomar State game. If only both teams could lose.

MextheBulldog
8/23/2007, 09:34 AM
Here's hoping FAU 'shoots the glass'.

crawfish
8/23/2007, 11:07 AM
Meteorite, 50-yard line.

Jacie
8/23/2007, 11:22 AM
Smellyburgers cost OU enough games, he might as well take one from the whorns.

King Crimson
8/23/2007, 11:25 AM
Texas has played a Sun Belt team every year since 01. sweet. i heard Schnelly on ESPN radio (with Louisville homer, Bob Valvano) at the Kentucky Derby year before last saying that FAU would be building a facility that was bigger and better than the Carrier Dome....and that the major programs were afraid to play the Owls.

Rhino
8/23/2007, 11:53 AM
I'm guessing some of you don't have the hate for *************** that I do.

Jewstin
8/23/2007, 11:57 AM
Horns, definitely. I know, I know ... blasphemy ... but I virtually always root for the Big XII in any out of conference situation. Especially in this case, since a loss to FAU would devalue the RRS. ;)

virginiasooner
8/23/2007, 12:58 PM
If Howie the Drunk wants to build something better than the Carrier Dome, more power to him. It shouldn't be too hard, cuz the Carrier Dome blows major monkey chunks (obstructed views, crappy acustics). It is number one on my personal list of worst stadiums the Sooners visited.

soonerinabilene
8/23/2007, 01:52 PM
I bet him and the whorn players would have one heck of a party after the game.

King Crimson
8/23/2007, 01:58 PM
If Howie the Drunk wants to build something better than the Carrier Dome, more power to him. It shouldn't be too hard, cuz the Carrier Dome blows major monkey chunks (obstructed views, crappy acustics). It is number one on my personal list of worst stadiums the Sooners visited.

that was kind of the weirdness of Howard's blathering out of touch with reality, "i think i'm god" pontification.

goingoneight
8/23/2007, 02:54 PM
I'm guessing some of you don't have the hate for *************** that I do.

He's in the right place for all of his sins... hell... I mean, FAU. Meaning he's got a long road of losing and people forgetting more and more about him every single day. That's what jerkoffs deserve, IMHO. So if he scores one of his yearly two or three wins against Texas... how is that not teh awesome?

Miko
8/23/2007, 04:27 PM
Personally, I want ut undefeated until after the first week in Oct.

And who is this drunkard? I remember Chuck Fairbanks, I remember blake. I have no recollection of this fellow. :D

stoopified
8/23/2007, 06:00 PM
My second favorite team is whoever is playing Scnelly.I must confess that I am fully prepared to laugh at the 'Horns if they lose.

Dio
8/23/2007, 06:33 PM
I vote for "Black Sunday blimp"

dougsooner
8/23/2007, 06:58 PM
neither. can't / won't pull for tu and what with schmellinburbon still voting us about 20 places lower than we should in the coaches poll I would never pull for him. Why by the way do they let him keep voting in the coaches poll when he is obviously not voting by the guidelines but rather just holding an old grudge?

sooneron
8/23/2007, 08:46 PM
I vote for "Black Sunday blimp"
Gold:twinkies:

badger
8/23/2007, 09:48 PM
This game vexes me almost as much as the OSU-Bomar State game. If only both teams could lose.
if NP agrees to it, I would go to the game and cheer for OSU. I could wear an OU shirt, buy a crappy osu hat to wear (like stunned aggie) and then burn it (or give it to a real poke fan) after the game, swearing off orange forever... or until we have someone as selfish and self centered as bomar leave ou again.

Go Pokes!

(runs to sink to wash out mouth with soap)