PDA

View Full Version : ESPN Championship Series on Sportscenter

colleyvillesooner
8/23/2007, 07:34 AM
This is that segement they do on Sportscenter everyday where they are playing out the college football season 1 week at a time. Lou Hotlz and Mark May pick the winners of the Big Game(s) that week, and if they split, Reece Davis breaks the tie. They don't pick all the games, they just let you know if anyone in the Top 10 got beat or upset, and show the new rankings.

To see one, clickhere (http://sports.espn.go.com/broadband/video/videopage?videoId=&categoryId=2564308) and select the video titled ESPNU Championship Series: Part 7 (03:26)
Or OU/TX, Lou picked Texas, and Mark and Reece picked OU.

Well, we are now through Nov 10th and OU is #3 at 10-0, behind USC @ #1 and LSU @ #2.

My prediction? I'd bet money they are going to have us upset by Texas Tech on the road, or less likely, Oklahoma St. Leaving the LSU/USC Championship game.

I can just feel it.

This is not an ESPN hates us thing. No one can say that, as they have us undefeated through 10 games with an uproven QB.

Spray
8/23/2007, 07:36 AM
I hear a sixth ESPN network is starting in September- ESPNMakeBelieve. They now have enough fake news to go 24-7.

illinisooner
8/23/2007, 08:37 AM
Lou also had ND beating SC this year...not even kidding. Even the biggest Domer fans couldn't objectively pick them to beat SC.

trey
8/23/2007, 08:37 AM
espn hates us!!!! espn hates us!!!! :rolleyes:

colleyvillesooner
8/23/2007, 08:40 AM
Lou also had ND beating SC this year...not even kidding. Even the biggest Domer fans couldn't objectively pick them to beat SC.

yeah, good thing Mark and Reece are there to normalize his picks.

htownsooner7
8/23/2007, 09:22 AM
Lou is an idiot. Before the LSU bowl game, Mark said that he was concerned that ND might get embarassed and that allowing them to play in the BCS when not qualified isn't good for anyone. Lou argued back, "well I think LSU is going to get embarassed." This coupled with the USC prediction cost him all credibility.

fadada1
8/23/2007, 09:50 AM
lou is beyond idiot. he's has entered a classification that makes salvador dali look normal.

i just wish he would take out the retainer or fixident his dentures before he speaks. you think someone at espn would say something.

JohnnyMack
8/23/2007, 10:00 AM
An inferior UCLA team beat SUC last year at home. SUC strolled in totally overconfident in that game and UCLA smacked them in the jaw. So it is possible.

The Maestro
8/23/2007, 10:24 AM
My prediction? I'd bet money they are going to have us upset by Texas Tech on the road, or less likely, Oklahoma St. Leaving the LSU/USC Championship game.

I can just feel it.

This is not an ESPN hates us thing. No one can say that, as they have us undefeated through 10 games with an uproven QB.

I thought the same thing watching it this morning at the gym. Either that or losing the Big 12 Championship Game with the excuse that no team has ever repeated as Big 12 champs. Fun segment, though...to go through the season game by game, week by week. Sure beats wondering if Danica Patrick has more star appeal than David Beckham.

NormanPride
8/23/2007, 10:30 AM
Sportstainmentastic at its finest. :rolleyes:

colleyvillesooner
8/23/2007, 10:33 AM
An inferior UCLA team beat SUC last year at home. SUC strolled in totally overconfident in that game and UCLA smacked them in the jaw. So it is possible.

Trust me, I know it's possible to lose at Tech or to OSU @ home.

colleyvillesooner
8/24/2007, 07:49 AM
Well I was wrong.

The did something even dumber. four undefeated teams entering the bowls. Their shill for a playoff I guess.

#1 USC 12-0
#2 LSU 13-0
#3 OU 13-0
# 4 Michigan 12-0

Boomer.....
8/24/2007, 08:44 AM
Was the RRS the only game that they should a match up of ours? I noticed that they didn't do the Big 12 championship.

Fraggle145
8/24/2007, 08:46 AM
they are gey.

colleyvillesooner
8/24/2007, 08:47 AM
Was the RRS the only game that they should a match up of ours? I noticed that they didn't do the Big 12 championship.

yeah, only the RRS. They didn't even mention the Big 12 championship, just showed our 13-0 season.

TexasLidig8r
8/24/2007, 09:06 AM
yeah, only the RRS. They didn't even mention the Big 12 championship, just showed our 13-0 season.

That's because...

ESPN hates you guys!

Scott D
8/24/2007, 01:45 PM
That's because...

ESPN hates you guys!

that was obvious, they made your sorry 1 loss asses ranked 5th meaning we'd have two bcs bids. ;)

colleyvillesooner
8/24/2007, 01:54 PM
That's because...

ESPN hates you guys!

Heh. The only one they talked about was the SEC.