PDA

View Full Version : Dear paper thrower person

jk the sooner fan
8/23/2007, 06:48 AM
i realize you probably dont read the board

but........the grass is the green part in front of my house......the sidewalk is the gray concretey looking part

i'm ok if you miss the sidewalk by just a little bit, but you never come close....

ever

apparently there's a target in the middle of my yard that only you can see

and you're very good at hitting bullseye every morning

you suck

WILBURJIM
8/23/2007, 07:23 AM
My thrower person actually put one on the roof once. During springcleaning, I usually find 2-3 behind the shrubbery.

jk the sooner fan
8/23/2007, 07:31 AM
it never fails, they're always late the morning i have the sprinklers going....and what zone does he throw the damn paper in? the one with the active sprinklers...

on the roof? lol.....i guess i shant complain about the middle of the yard anymore

Newbomb Turk
8/23/2007, 07:41 AM
my paper is always in the middle of the driveway, which works out good.

jk the sooner fan
8/23/2007, 07:42 AM
my driveway is on the back of the house, next to the alley

Widescreen
8/23/2007, 07:54 AM
My solution... I don't subscribe to the newspaper. They all suck anyway.

jk the sooner fan
8/23/2007, 08:11 AM
i typically only subscribe to the sunday paper, but i'm getting it free everyday for 3 months....all i'm doing really is contributing more frequently to the recycle bin

Newbomb Turk
8/23/2007, 08:19 AM
i typically only subscribe to the sunday paper, but i'm getting it free everyday for 3 months....all i'm doing really is contributing more frequently to the recycle bin

ditto.

cept I'm getting 4 months free. :P

jk the sooner fan
8/23/2007, 08:22 AM
Try asking the thrower or the circulation mgr to have the paper placed on your porch or at your door. Tip the delivery person. See what happens.

gone is the day when you pay the delivery person directly

the DMN sends me a bill and I pay online

i dont normally tip before a tip is earned however!

Hot Rod
8/23/2007, 08:24 AM
ditto.

cept I'm getting 4 months free. :P

double ditto and I've been getting them free so far all year!

It's like they're saying..."hey, you throw this away!"

jk the sooner fan
8/23/2007, 10:38 AM
thats way too much work, its alot easier to bitch about it here

NormanPride
8/23/2007, 10:39 AM
We just had a bunch of guys in a truck that threw lumps of newspaper at houses down in San Antonio. I don't know that they paused long enough to actually look at the houses they were delivering to.

Widescreen
8/23/2007, 10:52 AM
I've had problems with the DMN throwing papers onto my lawn when I never subscribed. In that case, it's no different than littering.

proud gonzo
8/23/2007, 11:00 AM
you sure your paper person doesn't read the board? because if I was your paper person, I might just aim for the middle of the yard, too ;)

Beef
8/23/2007, 11:19 AM
My WSJ delivery person aims for the middle part of under my Expedition. The person should try out for the Rangers. Pinpoint control. I would take the yard in a heartbeat.

Miko
8/23/2007, 11:34 AM
I don't subscribe to the local fish wrap, but we used to get these free "regional" papers that were dumped on the very end of the driveway regularly. It was a full time job for two men and boy with scoop shovels to pick up that crap. If you didn't notice, or get them in time they would get rained on, then run over repeatedly by the cars and turn into a grey paper mush that would then harden like sun baked bricks.

I finally started throwing them back at the delivery folks in their pick up as they sped by. They have since stopped delivering to me. :D

colleyvillesooner
8/23/2007, 11:45 AM
$10 bucks says, that since you live on that corner, they're just throwing it from the main road going by. :D

Sooner Born Sooner Bred
8/23/2007, 11:54 AM
Sunday, after the torrential downfall, the paper guy threw my paper into a puddle in the yard instead of on the driveway. Sure, it was wrapped in plastic but that doesn't matter if it's in a puddle.

jk the sooner fan
8/23/2007, 11:57 AM
you sure your paper person doesn't read the board? because if I was your paper person, I might just aim for the middle of the yard, too ;)

oh i know you would ;)

WILBURJIM
8/23/2007, 11:57 AM
10 years ago, my wife and son were up early on a saturday morn. It was Halloween/football season, and my wife had carved a nice Block M into a pumpkin and set it on the porch the night before. Well, the newspaper thrower person, as he was making his deliveries, sneaks up onto our porch. He proceeds to grab said pumpkin and throws it off the porch, and it breaks up across the front lawn. What he did not know was, my wife and son were watching him the whole time. My son, 3 years old, was in tears. When I awoke I was livid, but my wife had already called the appropriate people to complain so I never did have a chance to vent. Apparently, the newspaper boys father was a State fan and laughed when he was told what his son did. He never got a tip.

OUHOMER
8/23/2007, 05:39 PM
when i delivered papers, i had a guy who DEMANDED his paper on the porch next to the front door. never a tip from the guy. So i just started throwing in in the general direction of the porch. he raised hell all the way to the top. So i started walking up and put the paper right on the edge of the porch. it teetered right on the edge. So he called and raised hell again.. he had one of those screen doors with the thin aluminum lower panel. i start throwing the paper as hard as could at it every morning. it was his wake up call...:D... FYI with in a a few weeks, I had that door beat to hell...:D