PDA

View Full Version : Things you did, you wish you could take back

OUHOMER
8/22/2007, 04:21 PM
this is just to get it started... Fought to much in school. was mean to some girls back in the day after i got what i wanted( you know home work done and stuff).

trust me this is just to name a few.

yermom
8/22/2007, 04:24 PM
blew off most of high school and my first year(s) of college

let my mom keep me from playing sports

jk the sooner fan
8/22/2007, 04:26 PM
partied at OU instead of going to class

OUHOMER
8/22/2007, 04:27 PM

HEH, ditch school for 2 weeks straight before i got caught.

crawfish
8/22/2007, 04:27 PM
Nearly every word I said to an attractive female before the age of 20... :eek:

TUSooner
8/22/2007, 04:28 PM
We don't have enough time. :(

OUHOMER
8/22/2007, 04:30 PM
OK, school, lets see ditched 2 weeks in a row before I got caught,
got kicked out for half a year for drinking rum in english class.

yea I wish i could take all that back:(

Petro-Sooner
8/22/2007, 04:30 PM
That thing I said to the now ex. :(

Sorry bout that.

OUHOMER
8/22/2007, 04:31 PM
We don't have enough time. :(
dont i know it. i thought about that after i started the tread.. i dont have time to list everything

HskrGrl
8/22/2007, 04:31 PM
Spek to the first person who says something about PIITB

crawfish
8/22/2007, 04:32 PM
5-starring this thread.

I meant to give it one. :mad:

yermom
8/22/2007, 04:34 PM
Spek to the first person who says something about PIITB

why would someone want to take that back? :D

King Crimson
8/22/2007, 04:34 PM
not even sure where to begin....

some of the massively illogical decisions i made between ages 19 and 25 come to mind, since i'm still partially living them.

found a better way to break up with a girl i was living with in the 90's. she was too rich, too hot to understand someone wanting to get the flying **** away from her and her crazy upper east side world. so, it got ugly. still partially living that one too but it could have been easier.

Ike
8/22/2007, 04:36 PM
Blew off all of HS. I was the guy that would never do any homework, make A's on tests, and get straight B's. That hurt me in college, but only at the beginning.

mdklatt
8/22/2007, 04:37 PM

I had the opposite problem.

IronSooner
8/22/2007, 04:40 PM
Not talking to anyone my freshman year of college because I
1. was trying to 'beat' them in every class grade-wise
2. had a girlfriend and didn't want her to think I was cheating by talking to some other girl

That got me behind on the social calendar for years.

Not hitting on the hot asian chick (who would have said yes I later found out) when I had the chance.

JohnnyMack
8/22/2007, 04:43 PM

Don't let 'em tell you Magic isn't a sport.

Sooner Born Sooner Bred
8/22/2007, 04:45 PM
I wish I wouldn't have said no to the hot guy I was just making out with the summer after I turned 16. I saw him a few years ago, and the years have most certainly been kind.

rufnek05
8/22/2007, 04:46 PM
taking physics 3.

Mongo
8/22/2007, 04:47 PM
my wife is right behind me, so I cant say marrying her:D

OUinFLA
8/22/2007, 04:50 PM
I wish I wouldn't have said no to the hot guy I was just making out with the summer after I turned 16. I saw him a few years ago, and the years have most certainly been kind.

my best friend told me you probably meant "yes", but I was to naive to know that back then.
I'm sorry too.

:)

yermom
8/22/2007, 04:51 PM
Don't let 'em tell you Magic isn't a sport.

well, i played plenty of that and poker :O

goingoneight
8/22/2007, 05:00 PM
1. Sticking my hand out to break my fall. I've been in a cast for six weeks until today because of that brilliant, little reflex. :mad:

2. Making out with a friend of a friend at City Walk on New Year's Eve 2006/7. To this day she won't leave me alone. First guess is she doesn't know what alcohol does to guys in extended usage. The new chica doesn't like her being all friendly, either. Ugly situation altogether.

3. Not transferring to Bixby in high school to play football with my friends, I wouldn't have even dreamt of making the team where I went to school. :(

4. Michelle, Shelly, or whatever that beyonce calls herself these days. Fark her. :mad:

5. Working for Wal-Mart. Even though it was before I had a degree in anything, it was still a poor choice and they ripped me off from A to Z during my tenure. Sometimes in life we just let people or companies walk all over us when there's a world of oppurtunity right outside the door.

r5TPsooner
8/22/2007, 05:04 PM
Probably the way I treated women in general in high school. Basically every girl I dated or was friends with in high school became a f**k buddy.

SoonerBOI
8/22/2007, 05:15 PM
Finished engineering at OU, really wanted to be a medical doctor.

Viking Kitten
8/22/2007, 05:45 PM
Non, Je ne regrette rien...

Seriously, I did a lot of dumb s**t and made a lot of dumb mistakes. All of which contributed in some way or another to making me the much nicer, wiser and happier person I am today. Wouldn't change a thing.

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
8/22/2007, 05:52 PM
1. Sticking my hand out to break my fall. I've been in a cast for six weeks until today because of that brilliant, little reflex. :mad:

Coulda broke your head instead. Be happy about what you did, there, fella.

CUinNC
8/22/2007, 05:55 PM

Seriously, I did a lot of dumb s**t and made a lot of dumb mistakes. All of which contributed in some way or another to making me the much nicer, wiser and happier person I am today. Wouldn't change a thing.

WORD - even though I've Effe'd up enough stuff to fill a dump truck...through the years, and with my Wife & Family....I've always said & have been patient with the saying "you learn from your mistakes & move on"......

just make damm sure you learn well....

Good Thread IMHO

TMcGee86
8/22/2007, 06:05 PM
Dropped a wide open pass against Atlanta in the semi-final game.

Probably no way it changes the outcome of the game, but still, that one stung.

jk the sooner fan
8/22/2007, 06:13 PM

best response ever......and best attitude

although you did change something about yourself not too long ago ;)

HskrGrl
8/22/2007, 06:24 PM
That one night my senior year of high school where I can't remember anything past my 3rd shot of Everclear.... yeah I'm pretty sure I probably regret anything that happened.

sooner_born_1960
8/22/2007, 06:25 PM
best response ever......and best attitude

although you did change something about yourself not too long ago ;)
Isn't there a dead horse somewhere that wishes you'd take that back?

sooner_born_1960
8/22/2007, 06:26 PM
That one night my senior year of high school where I can't remember anything past my 3rd shot of Everclear.... yeah I'm pretty sure I probably regret anything that happened.
Honestly, nothing happened.

I wish I could take that line back a few times.

jk the sooner fan
8/22/2007, 06:27 PM
Isn't there a dead horse somewhere that wishes you'd take that back?

no idea what you're talking about........elaborate?

sooner_born_1960
8/22/2007, 06:29 PM
no idea what you're talking about........elaborate? Sorry, I meant to quote VK, but quoted your reply instead. She ran over a horse.

tulsaoilerfan
8/22/2007, 06:31 PM
Probably the way I treated women in general in high school. Basically every girl I dated or was friends with in high school became a f**k buddy.
I see nothing wrong with that :D

Ardmore_Sooner
8/22/2007, 06:34 PM
Backtalking to my mom and dad would probably have to be at the top of the list for me!

jk the sooner fan
8/22/2007, 07:04 PM
Sorry, I meant to quote VK, but quoted your reply instead. She ran over a horse.

ohhhhhhhhhhh thats right! :)

Viking Kitten
8/22/2007, 07:15 PM
I bet the horse regrets not getting out of my way.

I mean if the horse was still alive and capable of experiencing regret and all that.

sooner_born_1960
8/22/2007, 07:20 PM
I bet the horse regrets not getting out of my way.

Obviously more than you regret snuffing his innocent life. :D

oilmud
8/22/2007, 07:20 PM
gay sex

oh wait, wrong thread.......

r5TPsooner
8/22/2007, 07:56 PM
I see nothing wrong with that :D

Until you seem them at the class reunions.:eek:

Jerk
8/22/2007, 08:04 PM
I had sex with a midget girl once in the back of a mitsubishi eclipse.

phead903
8/22/2007, 08:16 PM
Turned down an appointment to the USAF just to spite my Dad - yeah, I really showed him, huh?:rolleyes:

CatfishSooner
8/22/2007, 08:25 PM
wrecking my car in high school running from the Police

SoonerGirl06
8/22/2007, 08:29 PM
I regret refusing a kiss and a hug from my grandma when I was a teenager. God how I wish I could get a couple from her now.

I regret not getting over my shyness in high school, take it less seriously and enjoy it more.

I regret not taking college more seriously and partied less.

Sooner Born Sooner Bred
8/23/2007, 11:52 AM
Strange, I regret not taking college partying more seriously and studied less. ;)

TUSooner
8/23/2007, 12:08 PM

Great attitude.
There's a difference between never regretting anything, which means you haven't learned ****, and learning from your mistakes and then letting go of them so you can live today. You have done the latter, and it's a much better thing.

I do regret having been mean to people whom I can never find again to apologize to. I seem to remember some crappy old word or action every day, and it still makes me wince, even after decades.
I have regreeted caring about the opinons of people who shouldn't concern me in the least. That's just stupid. But I hope I've learned and become a better person for having had those regrets

Mjcpr
8/23/2007, 12:28 PM
So, regrets.....you've had a few?

Petro-Sooner
8/23/2007, 12:39 PM

Interesting.........

jk the sooner fan
8/23/2007, 01:17 PM
i bought an 8 pack of that gatorade AM

just awful

wish i had never done that

Sooner Born Sooner Bred
8/23/2007, 01:30 PM
I wish I had never thought New Coke was here to stay.

TexasSooner01
8/23/2007, 01:50 PM
I regret not being honest with my parents about wanting to go to college at OU. I just assumed that because we lived in Texas that it would be too expensive. I wanted to follow in my daddy's footsteps...

But had I gone off to college I might not have my kiddos now. I wouldnt trade them for anything.

C&CDean
8/23/2007, 02:07 PM
I'm in VK's camp. Nobody on this board has done anything stupider, crazier, dumbassier, or downright ignurnt than I.

I've seen the inside of jails in several states/counties/cities. I've done every drug known to man (before 1987 anyhow). I've bedded down with everything from 1-10. I've broken nearly every bone in my body at least once. I've impaled myself on fences, fallen off ladders with chainsaws, fallen out of loaders with chainsaws, survived numerous motorcycle and auto wrecks, married 2 of the biggest slugs the female gender has to offer, had a total malfunction on my 3rd parachute jump and walked away from it, have incorrectly hooked up a rappell outfit and impaled my taint on a protruding railroad spike, seen the inside of probably 50 homes that I didn't own or was invited into, robbed a gas station, never earned a high school credit - yet have managed 2 degrees as an adult, and much, much more.

And I wouldn't change a single thing. It's shaped me into the steaming glob of dung I am today.

soonerinabilene
8/23/2007, 03:30 PM
wrecking my car in high school running from the Police
Sting annoys the heck out of me, too.

ultimatesooner1
8/23/2007, 04:57 PM
robbed a gas station

I wanna hear this story

CUinNC
8/23/2007, 06:33 PM
Nobody on this board has done anything stupider, crazier, dumbassier, or downright ignurnt than I

Now this right here could start a thread that would extend into some nether-regions...and be priceless at the same time...

But I get the drift.....just comparing broken bones would be...'aw hell, I got's that too....

Keyboards can't be the way to do that, but it would be a good 'un:pop:

oumartin
8/23/2007, 06:50 PM
Catching up with an old "friend". Life would be so much better had I remembered her they way she was pictured in my head for all those years.

and

Shooting that man in Reno

MamaMia
8/23/2007, 07:16 PM
this is just to get it started... Fought to much in school. was mean to some girls back in the day after i got what i wanted( you know home work done and stuff).

trust me this is just to name a few.
I'm sorry I ever helped you with your "homework...and stuff."

OUHOMER
8/23/2007, 07:19 PM
I'm sorry I ever helped you with your "homework...and stuff."

but it was fun;)

Howzit
8/23/2007, 07:21 PM
I do regret having been mean to people whom I can never find again to apologize to. I seem to remember some crappy old word or action every day, and it still makes me wince, even after decades.

**** off dip****!

SicEmBaylor
8/23/2007, 07:37 PM
I wish I'd actually gone to class my freshman and sophomore years in college.

I wish I hadn't stood up that ADPi chick....twice.

OKC-SLC
8/23/2007, 10:02 PM
impaled my taint on a protruding railroad spike
to this day one of the most painful stories i've ever read.

OKC-SLC
8/23/2007, 10:06 PM
Now this is just bragging.

I mean, do you regret it? Or are you just flaunting?

;)

[5000th post, beoynces]

william_brasky
8/23/2007, 10:32 PM
watched Rhinestone.

http://www.lovefilm.com/lovefilm/images/products/6/39686-large.jpg

StuIsTheMan
8/23/2007, 10:38 PM
Well first off...well ya know:O

And I prolly would'nt have blamed so much crap on my older sister...well:confused:

I stole a car for a joy ride...brought it back fine. Just a little light on gas. I was 14.

I wish I would'nt have smoked so much in high school...family board right...

:pop:

CatfishSooner
8/23/2007, 10:43 PM
Well first off...well ya know:O

And I prolly would'nt have blamed so much crap on my older sister...well:confused:

I stole a car for a joy ride...brought it back fine. Just a little light on gas. I was 14.

I wish I would'nt have smoked so much in high school...family board right...

:pop:

boring

oumartin
8/23/2007, 10:45 PM
Stu wishes he had never picked a fight with Bri!

GottaHavePride
8/23/2007, 10:46 PM
Hmmm. There's one night I wish I hadn't driven myself home. Other tan that, the only thing that comes close is that I turned down a really cute chick who asked me out in high school. Tht one has seemed to work out OK so far, though. I tend not to go much into the "regrets" category.

StuIsTheMan
8/23/2007, 10:47 PM
Stu wishes he had never picked a fight with Bri!

Word!:D

StuIsTheMan
8/23/2007, 10:48 PM
boring

Sorry kiddo I'll try and put pic's in the next one k?

CatfishSooner
8/23/2007, 10:52 PM
Sweet Stu

The Maestro
8/23/2007, 11:16 PM
I was supposed to replace John Brooks as the voice of the Sooners. Ironically, I am better at play by play then the current guy. Hot dog not included.

Cheating on my wife. Brutal mistake(Captain Obvious). No excuses. Four year **** stack ensued. Happy as hell I found my way back to her after a 2 year divorce process and Jax is coming in November...our second son. Al Michaels said it best...yes, I do believe in miracles.

Bourbon. I love her. But she ain't a friend.

Will
8/23/2007, 11:25 PM
Not going to Bill's Bar and staying at work!

CatfishSooner
8/23/2007, 11:27 PM
Not going to Bill's Bar and staying at work!

gay

OUinFLA
8/24/2007, 07:28 AM
gay

You wish you could take back being gay :eek:

:P

C&CDean
8/24/2007, 10:35 AM
I wanna hear this story

Not much to it. We had made a bunch of homemade honey wine. We were out driving around (about 6 of us in the back of a pickup) drinking the wine. We pulled up to a gas station, and one of the guys goes "hey, that's the guy that beat up my little brother" and pointed at the guy working there.

So, I go inside and say "hey, I heard you beat up Henry, wanna try and beat up somebody your own size?" He goes "no man, I dont' want no trouble." I go "well you got it now pal." He opens the till, reaches in and takes out a bunch of bills and goes "here, take it, just please leave me alone." So I took it.

The following week at school (I was in 9th grade at the time) the dean of boys comes into my geography class and says "Dean, come with me." There were a bunch of cops in the office, and they busted me for "armed robbery."

After the whole thing went down, charges were dropped, but Dean never was welcome back in the high school. And this began the start of my career in peddling drugs and stealing stereos out of cars in apartment parking lots. But we'll save those stories for another day.

TUSooner
8/24/2007, 10:52 AM
**** off dip****!
Oh yeah...
I regret remembering that I ever knew Howzit when we were kids.