PDA

View Full Version : Football captains for 2007

The Maestro
8/22/2007, 10:54 AM
Sooners select captains: Oklahoma head coach Bob Stoops said Tuesday that Sooner players have selected five captains for the 2007 season. The honor went to Joe Jon Finley, Allen Patrick, Lewis Baker, Marcus Walker and Jacob Gutierrez. Finley, a tight end, and Patrick, a running back, will represent the offense. Baker, a linebacker, and Walker, a cornerback, will represent the defense, while Gutierrez, a running back, represents the special teams. All five are seniors.

Nice group. A tight end who has worked hard every year and improved each season, a tailback that came to OU as a different position and is now Mel Kiper's top senior running back going into the year, a DB with injury issues who has battled back and keeps making great plays, a 'tweener LB/DB who has great athleticism and does what the team needs him to do and an undersized guy who proves each year that he will make plays when asked, even when listed as fourth team on the depth chart. I like the group and what they stand for. Good leaders and attributes!

birddog
8/22/2007, 10:57 AM
http://www.soonerfans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=97835

85sooners
8/22/2007, 10:59 AM
booooooooooomer!!

The Maestro
8/22/2007, 11:00 AM
Sweet! I love it when that happens!

If my boss would leave me alone I would have more time to scroll around and see that a thread was already started.

My bad...and apologies.

David Earl
8/22/2007, 11:17 AM
I'm really happy about this.

I'm especially pleased with Gute. Everything I hear about the guy says he's a great guy. He's had the likes of AD and Patrick in front of him, dealt with a knee injury, yet he continues to work hard. He's a real example.

Boomer.....
8/22/2007, 11:21 AM
Sooooonnnnneeerrrrr!!!!!!

TheHumanAlphabet
8/22/2007, 11:40 AM
Gutie!!