PDA

View Full Version : "sooners" jersey question

bstuff1979
8/22/2007, 09:43 AM
This is nit-picky to say the least, but nothing else is going on as the qb question has been answered. Has anyone else noticed (or posted, though I dind't see) that the "SOONERS" text on the front of the jerseys is significantly smaller than anything since the early 80's? Not last year's jerseys, but those worn in the scrimmages. The font seems much more narrow in addition to being about one third smaller. I'm not a big fan of the small "sooners", it looks a little on the side of aggie's "state". I'd say don't mess with tradition, keep it the same, but Switzer was messing with tradition in the first place when he put it on the jerseys. Hoping it's just the practice jerseys and not something that's intentional for the gameday's.

Here's a link to some photos, #29 out of the 43 is a good example:

http://www.soonersports.com/view.gal?id=14594&template=player_gallery

BoomerGirl34
8/22/2007, 10:06 AM
I believe those are simply practice jerseys. The letters are pretty tiny...

colleyvillesooner
8/22/2007, 10:45 AM
Yep Practice Jerseys

http://www.soonerfans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=97044&highlight=practice+jerseys

birddog
8/22/2007, 10:50 AM
and they took OU off the helmets!:eek:

bstuff1979
8/22/2007, 10:58 AM
yeah, I know they're practice jersey's. that's plain to see. the thing i find odd is that they'de have the practice jersey so different from the gameday. i can see why they'd be a different material and that sort of thing, but why even put the "sooners" on the practice jersey much less have them so different? it just seems odd. as for the OU off the helmets? I have a theory, and it has nothing to do with the thought that the helmet decals are usually never on the practice helmets or the gamedays over 2-a-days. they're putting new decals on the helmets, a silhouette of barry switzer's side profile on the right side and an inverted longhorn on the other.

47straight
8/22/2007, 11:59 AM
Probably some new Nike trend with all their hand-outs to schools.

LittleWingSooner
8/22/2007, 12:06 PM
This is probably the first year where practice jerseys have anything on them. Usually they don't even have names on the backs or SOONERS on the front.

soonersweetie
8/22/2007, 02:19 PM
I just love looking at all the pics of the scrimmage in the rain. I love football in the rain.

Will
8/22/2007, 10:24 PM
Does everyone like the idea of the names back on the jerseys this season...

setem
8/22/2007, 10:27 PM

YES!

Not just because I like to see them on there. It is an awesome feeling to see your name on the back of a Jersey. I know when I got my baseball Jersey at Ozark CC and it had WEBB on the back it made me feel pretty damn good.

Will
8/22/2007, 10:33 PM
it shouldn't be about the individual so much as for the good of the team... but if they play as a team with the names it shouldn't matter then

CatfishSooner
8/22/2007, 10:35 PM
it shouldn't be about the individual so much as for the good of the team... but if they play as a team with the names it shouldn't matter then

Well Will are team does not seem to be individualistic so we Should be OK...

goingoneight
8/22/2007, 11:25 PM
All I can say is you can win and win big without names on the jerseys. I like the names and the smaller numbers, but it doesn't matter if they're there or not, IMHO. Bud Wilkinson, Lou Holtschschschschschschschschschz, Pete Carroll, even Stoops have won a majority of their games without them.

SouthFortySooner
8/23/2007, 02:37 PM

SoonerWill?

SoonerStud615
8/23/2007, 03:55 PM
All I can say is you can win and win big without names on the jerseys. I like the names and the smaller numbers, but it doesn't matter if they're there or not, IMHO. Bud Wilkinson, Lou Holtschschschschschschschschschz, Pete Carroll, even Stoops have won a majority of their games without them.
Agreed. And I liked the clean cut, throwback look of the nameless jerseys.

Will
8/23/2007, 09:37 PM
SoonerWill?

What??:confused:

stoopified
8/24/2007, 04:23 PM
Does everyone like the idea of the names back on the jerseys this season...Si,yes,affirmative,da,ja,10-4.