View Full Version : Has anyone tried the Video Season Ticket

DrZaius
8/21/2007, 02:26 PM
I am curious about trying this out this year but was lookin for some after thoughts from people that have already tried it. Peace

:pop:

oumartin
8/21/2007, 02:46 PM
what is it?

85sooners
8/21/2007, 04:35 PM
:confused:

DrZaius
8/22/2007, 07:39 AM
It is where they send you the game highlights and post game stuff on DVD every Monday. I have read about it for a couple of years now.

bosworthsteroidmafia
8/22/2007, 09:26 AM
For $350, they should send you a dual layer dvd every monday with the entire game on it as well as the post game stuff. And polish your helmet.

Mac94
8/22/2007, 10:28 AM
I don't know the appeal of that kind of thing UNLESS you're overseas and can't see the games. At A&M our video is popular with old Ags that are military and stationed overseas ... we've been doing the video since at least 1988.

But, let's face it, pretty much every Oklahoma game will be on TV save for maybe Utah State and maybe one other. All the games worth watching will be televised and recordable for your later viewing pleasure. Why not just record them?

DrZaius
8/22/2007, 02:15 PM
But the only thing is that I live in Atlanta.....The Sooners major coverage is with ABC. So on Saturday's I am stuck with "REGIONAL COVERAGE" and I HATE IT. But you are right I do get MOST of the games. I do get GAMEPLAN and I also pay for ALL of the FOX SPORTS across the nation so I am pretty well covered.

I was just curious what the DVD was and how it was put together.....

Mac94
8/22/2007, 02:39 PM
5 to 10 it is a "condensed game" ... ie, with all the plays but not the "in between" stuff ... with video shot by the OU athletic department and the audio from the Sooner radio network.

The running time on those are roughly 1 hour to 1 hour 15 minutes. I have a ton of them from A&M .... our 12th Man video program and that's what we do. All in all its not a bad product if the price is right. It's just that, at $360 ... that's very steep for the product IMHO. All the ones I have going back to 1987 were $10 a pop from one of our libraries.