PDA

View Full Version : ... this is SAD.

goingoneight
8/21/2007, 01:31 AM
Truly pathetic soul lives and breathes to insult Stoops (http://www.barkingcarnival.com/scipio-tex/any-given-stoops-press-conference)

Figures, he's a Hook 'em. No one else seems to really care that Stoops owns the BIG 12. Well, some do... they're just not good enough to do anything about it.

Dio
8/21/2007, 07:42 AM
I suppose that's what passes for "clever" in austin?

soonerinabilene
8/21/2007, 08:19 AM
The guy has a baby arm, and has to make up for it.

Mac94
8/21/2007, 08:25 AM
All right, you guys need to lighten up a bit. The gag wasn't bad .... have a bit of a sense of humor.

For a football blog, the guy is kinda funny. Heck, us Ags got a kick out of his writeup about us in his 2007 preview.

And, the Al Jazeera broadcasts the 2006 Rose Bowl bit was pretty good, too.

soonerinabilene
8/21/2007, 08:30 AM
And, the Al Jazeera broadcasts the 2006 Rose Bowl bit was pretty good, too.

Turd probably stole that idea from the kasey studdard thread.

JohnnyMack
8/21/2007, 08:49 AM
I ask you: who has had more happen to them than us? Only the Cherokee have suffered more than the 2006 OU Sooner Big 12 Championship Football Team. The Cambodians under Pol Pot, the Chinese under Mao, the residents of Stalingrad in 1944, and Oklahoma Football ‘06. All are a dead heat in torment.

That's funny. I don't care who you root for.

goodonya
8/21/2007, 08:52 AM
I thought that was some pretty good satire. Remember just as UT never loses in any way shape or form, they simply dial up an excuse; UT fans are forced to belittle their nemeses to ease their insecurities. It's all about being a victim and all that implies. Give em' a title every 35-years and in between what you get from the fan base is 35-year juicy fruit. If you really step back and look at UT fan from a holistic perspective they are the most entertaining of all fan bases. Their ability to break glass domiciles is only exceeded by their machismo in asking if they could borrow the very rock that they intend to throw.

Spray
8/21/2007, 09:01 AM
I may get negged into Bolivia, or even banned, but I have to say it because nobody else will.

The Kasey Studdard thread wasn't that funny.

There. I said it. That may very well be considered SoonerFans seppeku.

Jason White's Third Knee
8/21/2007, 09:26 AM
I got a pretty good laugh outta that!

...and the Kasey Studdard thread was damned funny.

Heretic.

XingTheRubicon
8/21/2007, 09:50 AM
I may get negged into Bolivia, or even banned, but I have to say it because nobody else will.

The Kasey Studdard thread wasn't that funny.

There. I said it. That may very well be considered SoonerFans seppeku.

never laughed once.

yermom
8/21/2007, 10:10 AM
:eek:

Gandalf_The_Grey
8/21/2007, 10:24 AM
That's because Kasey Studdard is so fearsome that he froze your humor glands!

47straight
8/21/2007, 10:36 AM
I'm a fan of good satire. This isn't. The writer should go to everydayshouldbesaturday.com to learn some things.

Doesn't even sound like Coach Stoops. Any attempted satire of Coach Stoops that doesn't include the phrase "No question" just can't get off the ground. If you don't know your subject matter to make some actual zingers, then you're about 30 seconds short of making "their cheerleaders are cows" and "their graduates work at mcdonald's" tripe.

mxATVracer10
8/21/2007, 10:44 AM
We’re undefeated now. Play Boomer Sooner and let’s all eat cake.

Good idea Bob! :D

mxATVracer10
8/21/2007, 10:46 AM
I'm a fan of good satire. This isn't. The writer should go to everydayshouldbesaturday.com to learn some things.

Doesn't even sound like Coach Stoops. Any attempted satire of Coach Stoops that doesn't include the phrase "In a great way" just can't get off the ground. If you don't know your subject matter to make some actual zingers, then you're about 30 seconds short of making "their cheerleaders are cows" and "their graduates work at mcdonald's" tripe.

fixed ;)

47straight
8/21/2007, 12:41 PM
fixed ;)

That'll work too. :)

OKC-SLC
8/21/2007, 07:51 PM
I actually think it was pretty funny.

Especially the part about Carol and executing.

goingoneight
8/21/2007, 08:15 PM
You have to have spent time around whorn fans to know what is meant by that. Most of it isn't satire... many Texas fans actually believe the ESPN pundit who said we're going to drop out of the top 25 and stay out. It was a false report in the DMN that quoted Stoops as saying "Sam Bradford will be better than Colt McCoy."

He NEVER said that. He said, and I quote...

"A lot of people didn't believe a young quarterback could lead a team in a great way until last year when Texas did it. I feel we're just as capable of developing our quarterback with the talent surrounding him as they were a year ago."

Note: The false Dallas Morning News report was five months before the starter was named. A great majority of Hook 'ems are desperate to see us lose ala aggy-to-whorn or poke-to-Sooner. The ONLY time I ever cheer against somebody is when it helps my own team, like last year's Lone Star Showdown that gave us a shot at a championship, or whenever someone is pushing the 47-game winning streak to close for comfort.

MiccoMacey
8/22/2007, 09:01 AM
Do you have a link to what he actually said?

And just curious why your link is more trust worthy than the DMN.

I'm not disagreeing with you...just wanting to know how you know what you know.

TexasLidig8r
8/22/2007, 09:19 AM
.Most of it isn't satire... many Texas fans actually believe the ESPN pundit who said we're going to drop out of the top 25 and stay out. ...

Actually, all of the Texas fans and alums I have spoken with recognize that once again, OU will be a force to be reckoned with. We see the very good secondary you have and whereas, the front seven, particularly the DEs and LBs appear to have some question marks, the talent is obviously there. Most recognize OU has having a stout offensive line, exceptional running backs and strong wide receivers. To a person, none believed OU was going to drop out of the Top 25.

Oh.. the ESPN commentator didn't definitively say OU was going to drop out of the Top 25.. he did say that out of the teams ranked in the preseason Top 10, OU was the team who had the greatest likelihood of dropping out of the Top 25.

oh. and before you start with the usual, "ESPN hates us" tripe.. the college gameday boys have OU ranked 4th right now in their season long countdown.. and they have started talking about November games.

douxpaysan
8/22/2007, 09:22 AM
Do you have a link to what he actually said?

And just curious why your link is more trust worthy than the DMN.

I'm not disagreeing with you...just wanting to know how you know what you know.
Yeah....and your cheerleaders are cows....and do you want fries with that?

TexasLidig8r
8/22/2007, 09:30 AM
Yeah....and your cheerleaders are cows....and do you want fries with that?

Hey Micco.. I'm thinking he called you a Horn!

Glad to see you finally walked into the light!!!!! :D

BornandBred
8/22/2007, 09:32 AM
oh. and before you start with the usual, "ESPN hates us" tripe.. the college gameday boys have OU ranked 4th right now in their season long countdown.. and they have started talking about November games.

Corso can keep his predictions and his curse to himself, as far as I'm concerned. Man I can't stand his voice or his stupidity.

MiccoMacey
8/22/2007, 09:36 AM
Hills will be leveled, families will be torn asunder, and animals will be talking before I become a Horn (NNTAWWT).

douxpayson, you have grieved me in an unacceptable manner.

You're on the list now, pal. :D

stoopified
8/23/2007, 09:25 AM
Some people just have to get their giggles any way they can.

OKC-SLC
8/23/2007, 09:29 AM
on the topic of ESPN, weren't there some people there who picked Wake Forest to win their league last season?

Jason White's Third Knee
8/23/2007, 10:46 AM
The ONLY time I ever cheer against somebody is when it helps my own team, like last year's Lone Star Showdown that gave us a shot at a championship, or whenever someone is pushing the 47-game winning streak to close for comfort.

I will cheer against usc until they play some muslim terrorists. That's a fact.

goingoneight
8/23/2007, 07:45 PM
The quote was taken twice when Stoops was asked about OUr QB situation in regards to what Texas did with Colt. He never said Sam would be better, because Sam had not been rewarded anything until this week. I heard Stoops say it himself at the Sooner Caravan in Tulsa while the guy was ten feet in front of me... he never said Sam would be better than Colt; he simply stated that a team with a great surrounding cast is capable of grooming a new quarterback like Texas did in 2006, and like we did in 2001. Those were the obvious answers to give because most Sooner faithful know more about OU and Texas than they do anything else CFB-related. But there are many other times a quarterback has been tossed into the fire with no experience and it worked out fine, including OUr own Jamelle Holieway. A great, not good... great supporting cast is the best thing you can hope for when starting a n00b. Look at Adrian Peterson's numbers in 2004 versus 2005. Which offense took more pressure off his back? The 10/10 TD/INT quarterback and the crappy OL and new WR corps, or the Heisman winnar and four NFL WRs?
Same with Tommie Harris, he walked into a sick defense... he probably would have barely been recognized on the 2004-2006 defenses that were Roy-less and such.

badger
8/23/2007, 09:28 PM
Truly pathetic soul lives and breathes to insult Stoops (http://www.barkingcarnival.com/scipio-tex/any-given-stoops-press-conference)

Figures, he's a Hook 'em. No one else seems to really care that Stoops owns the BIG 12. Well, some do... they're just not good enough to do anything about it.
It was funny. However, I don't think he has ever demanded that anyone sing Boomer Sooner.

He has, however, described people without mentioning their names specifically on many, many occasions.