PDA

View Full Version : Not A Big Deal... But

DoubleDown
8/20/2007, 06:36 PM
Has anyone noticed the 'Sooners' print on the front of the practice jerseys? It just seems way too small for anyone to read. I know these are not neccessarily the same jerseys the team will be wearing during the season. At least, I hope they're not. I just really hate the idea of the jerseys changing every year. Seems pretty :stunned: to me.

starclassic tama
8/20/2007, 07:31 PM
i hope stoops decides to take the names off the back of the jerseys this year too just so all you people will whine some more

goingoneight
8/20/2007, 08:47 PM
Dude... did anyone at all watch the Spring Game this year? We went back to the bright crimson jerseys we've always worn under Stoops and the names were indeed, back on. The report has been made since then.

The no-names deal was one of many ways Stoops got the attention of a group of cocky players in 2006 and made a team out of them. He then gave them the right to vote on the names after they achieved a BIG 12 Championship. Naturally, the guys were almost 100% for it.

boomersooner28
8/20/2007, 10:48 PM
Dude... did anyone at all watch the Spring Game this year? We went back to the bright crimson jerseys we've always worn under Stoops and the names were indeed, back on. The report has been made since then.

The no-names deal was one of many ways Stoops got the attention of a group of cocky players in 2006 and made a team out of them. He then gave them the right to vote on the names after they achieved a BIG 12 Championship. Naturally, the guys were almost 100% for it.

I heard someone close to the program on the radio like a week ago saying that the no-names on the jerseys was NOT to unify the team or any bs like that, that was all rumor. The truth is that right before the season was to begin we were shipped the wrong jerseys and it was too late to have them replaced. The numbering was wrong and there was no room for placement of the names.

StuIsTheMan
8/20/2007, 10:54 PM
I heard someone close to the program on the radio like a week ago saying that the no-names on the jerseys was NOT to unify the team or any bs like that, that was all rumor. The truth is that right before the season was to begin we were shipped the wrong jerseys and it was too late to have them replaced. The numbering was wrong and there was no room for placement of the names.

Both sound like BS...you all wanna konw what really happend....

Ok late one night, drunk on natty, OleVet snuck in and put the handels of all you folk on the back of their Jersey's...Legend has it that they went through a couple of practices without anyone knowing...hey that's the word on the street anyway

Ash
8/20/2007, 11:01 PM
Both sound like BS...you all wanna konw what really happend....

Ok late one night, drunk on natty, OleVet snuck in and put the handels of all you folk on the back of their Jersey's...Legend has it that they went through a couple of practices without anyone knowing...hey that's the word on the street anyway

Wrong. It wasn't olevet, it was SicEm and he was stone cold sober. He did it because his ex girlfriend told him to.

StuIsTheMan
8/20/2007, 11:04 PM
Wrong. It wasn't olevet, it was SicEm and he was stone cold sober. He did it because his ex girlfriend told him to.

yeah that was about the time of the hole "Branson" thing huh...you may be on to something here...

Ash
8/20/2007, 11:12 PM
yeah that was about the time of the hole "Branson" thing huh...you may be on to something here...

Zima might have been involved, but it's just a rumor.