PDA

View Full Version : flooding in El Reno

OUHOMER
8/20/2007, 01:30 PM
north Canadian river is coming out of it banks. just had to go get my mom, sister and nephew. Had to walk thru knee deep water to get up to the house. Water is up to the foundation. the neighbor has a bunch of heavy equipment and is cutting some ditches to get the water to flow.

the City is nowhere to be found, The county is nowhere to be found. i was shocked when i drove up that there was no rep from the city or something.
Anyway it does not look good for her place. If it keeps rising it will be under water today some time.

Rhino
8/20/2007, 02:27 PM
That sucks.

They were saying yesterday that El Reno was more or less an island, almost completely surrounded by water.

colleyvillesooner
8/20/2007, 02:32 PM
good luck man...

olevetonahill
8/20/2007, 02:36 PM
Ditto on the good luck

OUHOMER
8/20/2007, 03:22 PM
Yea it sucks, but it could be worse. nothing like Kingfisher, YET anyway. One of the guys was saying that the dam at Canton could bust. if it does El Reno will be in a world of hurt. i am going to drive back over in a while too see if anything improved. naturally Mom does not want to back until the river has crested...

Jerk
8/20/2007, 03:55 PM
Just as long as it doesn't wash Gene Sears away then everything will be okay!

(just kidding, good luck OUHOMER)

olevetonahill
8/20/2007, 04:06 PM
Just as long as it doesn't wash Gene Sears away then everything will be okay!

(just kidding, good luck OUHOMER)
Joking about the flood will cause Meltdowns !

OUHOMER
8/21/2007, 05:41 PM
well, due to the hard work of the neighbors. they saved the house. neighbor had a track hoe dug ditchs around the house and a drainage ditch. If it were not for these guys my mom would have been homeless. She lives on SS ($800.00 a month). these guys are my hero's.

I think they may be fans of the little brothers of the north. But hey they were true OKIES

olevetonahill
8/21/2007, 06:06 PM
well, due to the hard work of the neighbors. they saved the house. neighbor had a track hoe dug ditchs around the house and a drainage ditch. If it were not for these guys my mom would have been homeless. She lives on SS ($800.00 a month). these guys are my hero's.

I think they may be fans of the little brothers of the north. But hey they were true OKIES
Great News
Give em spek From me .

yermom
8/21/2007, 06:12 PM
true Okies would have moved to California ;)

that's really cool that they had the equipment to do that though

Edmond Sooner
8/21/2007, 08:17 PM
I know the area well; all my best wishes to your family members and all those suffering from the rising floodwaters.
Interesting fact, the North Canadian actually flooded to Concho Hill a few times before Canton. That's a natural channel between the base of Concho Hill to the North and the slope to the South that angles up to Fort Reno.
Hope everyone makes it out alright.

Newbomb Turk
8/22/2007, 06:52 AM

good deal.