PDA

View Full Version : Texas is beating OU

boomersooner28
8/20/2007, 01:05 PM
and everyone else, in merchandise sales.

OKLAHOMA CITY (AP) _ The University of the Oklahoma is in the top 10 and Oklahoma State is in the top 25 in sales of athletic merchandise carrying the Sooners' and Cowboys' logos.

The rankings by Collegiate Licensing Company lists OU as the eighth most popular and OSU at 24th.

Texas is at the top of the list and Notre Dame is second.

The list is for the period from July 1st, 2006, through June 30th, 2007.

C'mon people...go buy a new hat/shirt/visor/underwear/etc....!!!!!!

colleyvillesooner
8/20/2007, 01:06 PM
Think about how many people live in Texas...

OSUAggie
8/20/2007, 01:06 PM
- all the pro teams in Texas...

boomersooner28
8/20/2007, 01:08 PM

Oh, I know. I know why...but I still don't like it. :)

OUDoc
8/20/2007, 01:11 PM
I bought a coach's shirt Friday night. That probably hasn't be added to the totals yet.

colleyvillesooner
8/20/2007, 01:14 PM
heh

Herr Scholz
8/20/2007, 01:14 PM
Texas is #1 for the 2nd straight year. Just an FYI. ;)

The Maestro
8/20/2007, 01:20 PM
Apparently, baby carrot toddler turd is a popular color.

Hell, I am trying...the link on soonersports.com has the shirt I want and I check it daily but they remain OUT OF STOCK!!!

boomersooner28
8/20/2007, 01:21 PM

There's nothing "straight" about Texas. ;)

Widescreen
8/20/2007, 01:29 PM
Gee, I wonder who's buying all the Miami gear to keep them in the top 25. :rolleyes:

OUDoc
8/20/2007, 01:31 PM
Again, when your annual enrollment is just under the population of Nebraska, you should sell a lot of shirts. You guys probably lead the nation in selling little cafeteria milk cartons and 1-ply toilet paper as well.

Spray
8/20/2007, 01:35 PM
This explains it:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Corna

"This is also the primary sign for the Mara Salvatrucha, or MS-13 street gang found throughout Central America and the U.S. Many of the first generation of MS-13 members had been heavy-metal enthusiasts and fans of Black Sabbath"

:D

IronSooner
8/20/2007, 01:38 PM
I've seen a surprising amount of UT crap up here. After talking to a friend about it I have suspicions that they're just buying it because they like cows.

SeattleOUstudent
8/20/2007, 01:44 PM
Dont tell me this will be another stat Ill see on a UT Tshirt at the Red River Shootout.

SoonerBOI
8/20/2007, 01:50 PM
ok ok...:D

trey
8/20/2007, 01:52 PM
maybe ou fans should stop buying texas stuff and hanging it upside down.

soonerinabilene
8/20/2007, 01:54 PM
Gee, I wonder who's buying all the Miami gear to keep them in the top 25. :rolleyes:

The Dept of Corrections?

soonervegas
8/20/2007, 02:25 PM

The same people that used to have "The U" at #1, but are now buying Texas stuff instead.

SicEmBaylor
8/20/2007, 02:28 PM
Where do we rank?

OSUAggie
8/20/2007, 02:46 PM
1. Texas

2. Notre Dame

3. Florida

4. Michigan

5. Georgia

6. North Carolina

7. Alabama

8. Oklahoma

9. Tennessee

10. Penn State

11. LSU

12. Florida State

13. Auburn

14. Nebraska

15. Wisconsin

16. Kentucky

17. Illinois

18. Arkansas

19. Miami

20. Clemson

21. South Carolina

22. Kansas

23. Duke

24. Oklahoma State

25. Minnesota

I figured A&M would be in there somewhere...

picasso
8/20/2007, 02:48 PM
you have to factor in all of the idiot OU fans who find it clever to sick a Longhorn logo upside down on their car vehicle type thing.

no offense.:cool:

OK2LA
8/20/2007, 03:19 PM
maybe ou fans should stop buying texas stuff and hanging it upside down.

Amen brother ben!

A portion of each sale of all that upside down shorthorn gear goes directly into their cauffers. (Do you think that people would buy that shiot if they knew that?)

The other aspect of this is that once you win a national title, you have all of the bandwaggon fans go down to the local Wal Marts and pick up the flavor of the month gear to be popular.

I'd rather not see a bunch of jagoffs wearing Sooner gear that have no idea what we're about, than to be #1 in merchandise sales. Hell, there's enough of us rednecks out there that I'm embarassed of as it is.

BASSooner
8/20/2007, 03:40 PM
dude, im from texas. i lived in texas. I ignored burnt orange merchandise and specifically looked for crimson and cream merchandise. Think of it this way, NORTHERN texas,.is OU occupied territory.

47straight
8/20/2007, 04:03 PM
A portion of each sale of all that upside down shorthorn gear goes directly into their cauffers. (Do you think that people would buy that shiot if they knew that?)

Not true. Most collegiate licensing deals involve paying a flat fee, not a per item fee.

colleyvillesooner
8/20/2007, 04:05 PM
Dude that can't be true. That would eliminate their argument for it to just "It's gay!" ;)

OUDoc
8/20/2007, 04:11 PM
you have to factor in all of the idiot OU fans who find it clever to sick a Longhorn logo upside down on their car vehicle type thing.

no offense.:cool:
I tried sticking a longhorn fan upside down onto my car, but the blood makes them slide off. :mad:

I agree. I hate upside-down or right-side up cow head stickers.

FlatheadSooner
8/20/2007, 04:35 PM
They're still riding the top of their "1 NC per century" curve.

;)

SoonerShark
8/20/2007, 04:44 PM
I've seen a surprising amount of UT crap up here. After talking to a friend about it I have suspicions that they're just buying it because they like cows.

And the osu fans are buying it because they think it has pictures of their prom date on the shirt. (((By the way, can UT actually copyright a cow head since there is nothing unique about it? When the Casper the Friendly Ghost folks sued the Ghostbuster folks for the ghost image in the 80s they lost due to the fact that you can only portray a ghost in so many ways to state it briefly.)))

SoonerShark
8/20/2007, 04:54 PM

Many Texans are not UT fans and like Tech, A&M, OU, Rice, TCU, Texas, Houston, SMU, UTEP, or UNT. But pro fans buy UT, the Cowboys, Spurs, Rockets, Mavericks, Stars, Astros or Rangers stuff. If only we paid our players, they would not have to work at illegally paying jobs and they could afford all of the dope like the UT players haul around.

47straight
8/20/2007, 05:37 PM
And the osu fans are buying it because they think it has pictures of their prom date on the shirt. (((By the way, can UT actually copyright a cow head since there is nothing unique about it? When the Casper the Friendly Ghost folks sued the Ghostbuster folks for the ghost image in the 80s they lost due to the fact that you can only portray a ghost in so many ways to state it briefly.)))

They think that they have it trademarked. And the particular shape is distinctive enough to do the trick. Apparently if you add nostrils you escape the wrath of the Board of Regents.

snp
8/20/2007, 05:48 PM

http://www.clc.com/clcweb/publishing.nsf/Content/institutions.html

They have a different licensing company.

snp
8/20/2007, 05:59 PM
Many Texans are not UT fans and like Tech, A&M, OU, Rice, TCU, Texas, Houston, SMU, UTEP, or UNT. But pro fans buy UT, the Cowboys, Spurs, Rockets, Mavericks, Stars, Astros or Rangers stuff. If only we paid our players, they would not have to work at illegally paying jobs and they could afford all of the dope like the UT players haul around.

Those schools are nothing compared to UT though. And even then, lots of UH, Tech, SMU, UNT students are fans of UT. All of Texas State loves UT and think because they go up to Austin to get tanked a couple times it qualifies the entire school as being a supporter. Think of all the UT-SA, UTEP, UT-A, UT-D, other satellite schools that are big UT supporters as well.

There's a big ****storm with UH and Rice fans because they're sick of seeing racks and racks of UT and A&M gear at sporting stores in Houston and a tiny section of the hometown apparel.

Harry Beanbag
8/20/2007, 06:02 PM
Georgia?

snp
8/20/2007, 06:06 PM
Georgia?

I guess jorts are covered by the CLC.

utex74
8/20/2007, 09:38 PM

But we don't "have" the whole State. The Sand Aggies are out west. Baylor has the Baptists. TCU thinks they're bad *** right now. And then there is the resurging dynasty that is Aggie. Not to mention UH, Utep, SMU, whatever. But it is still a pretty big piece of the pie. :D

note: did not see the earlier post. sorry to rehash the same stuff.

FaninAma
8/20/2007, 10:30 PM
1. Texas

2. Notre Dame

3. Florida

4. Michigan

5. Georgia

6. North Carolina

7. Alabama

8. Oklahoma

9. Tennessee

10. Penn State

11. LSU

12. Florida State

13. Auburn

14. Nebraska

15. Wisconsin

16. Kentucky

17. Illinois

18. Arkansas

19. Miami

20. Clemson

21. South Carolina

22. Kansas

23. Duke

24. Oklahoma State

25. Minnesota

Where is the Ohio State on that list?

FaninAma
8/20/2007, 10:32 PM
1. Texas

2. Notre Dame

3. Florida

4. Michigan

5. Georgia

6. North Carolina

7. Alabama

8. Oklahoma

9. Tennessee

10. Penn State

11. LSU

12. Florida State

13. Auburn

14. Nebraska

15. Wisconsin

16. Kentucky

17. Illinois

18. Arkansas

19. Miami

20. Clemson

21. South Carolina

22. Kansas

23. Duke

24. Oklahoma State

25. Minnesota

Where is USC? I guess all of the bandwagon fans out in southern California aren't big purchasers of college memorabilia.

bluedogok
8/20/2007, 10:33 PM
Tech fans are NOT UT fans, not any that I know and especially not my wife. I don't really know of any others with some other kind of affiliation that are UT fans.

UT does have the uterus logo and "Bevo" copywrited and enforces it vigorously, they sued the two A&M guys who sold the "Saw'em Off" stuff.

There is also the masses who buy the ugly orange t-shirts on sale at Walgreen's at a price of 2 for $10.00, most of the people that I see wearing the stuff have maybe worked on the campus doing landscaping or cleaning.

47straight
8/20/2007, 11:00 PM
UT does have the uterus logo and "Bevo" copywrited and enforces it vigorously, they sued the two A&M guys who sold the "Saw'em Off" stuff.

It's trademark they've used, not copyright. :texan:

On a related note, I saw a truck with pink longwhorn stickers rightside up and an OU logo upside down. True story.

snp
8/20/2007, 11:21 PM
Where is the Ohio State on that list?

Check my link. Different licensing company for them and USC.