PDA

View Full Version : "Don't play intramurals, son..."

The Maestro
8/20/2007, 11:32 AM
...come start for me as a redshirt freshman!"

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2007/football/ncaa/specials/preview/2007/08/19/colorado.quarterbacks.ap/index.html

Daddy's boy gets the call in Colorado!

King Crimson
8/20/2007, 11:53 AM
Cody Hawkins was an Elite 11 QB. he'll struggle early, but i bet he'll have a good career when it's all said and done.

MiccoMacey
8/20/2007, 12:29 PM
He's the best option available. Those who think he's getting preferential treatment because he's the coach's son are completely offbase.

Sincerely,
Bob Simmons

The Maestro
8/20/2007, 01:30 PM
He's the best option available. Those who think he's getting preferential treatment because he's the coach's son are completely offbase.

Sincerely,
Bob Simmons

NICE! And being Elite 11 in Boise, Idaho, means squat to me...assuming that is where a redshirt freshman at Colorado who's dad was the coach at Boise State two years ago went to high school. I'm sure he did not face Elite 11 defenses.

birddog
8/20/2007, 02:50 PM
ouch, a bruised kidney. son of a b.

StuIsTheMan
8/20/2007, 02:54 PM
this can't end well:pop:

fwsooner22
8/20/2007, 03:24 PM
I think I will wait to see him play and then make a comment or two. Just sayin! When I eat I like it to be BBQ and Beer.

BoonesFarmSooner
8/20/2007, 04:22 PM
Kyle Wright = Elite 11 QB and MVP of the camp

Drew Weatherford = Elite 11 QB

From the 2002 camp:
Gavin Dickey - Florida
Trent Edwards - Stanford
Matt Guitierrez - Michigan
Anthoney Martinez - Virginia
Ben Olson - BYU

Trying to find the top 11 QB's out of that many high school seniors doesn't always translate into greatness.

The Maestro
8/20/2007, 04:26 PM
Kyle Wright = Elite 11 QB and MVP of the camp

Drew Weatherford = Elite 11 QB

From the 2002 camp:
Gavin Dickey - Florida
Trent Edwards - Stanford
Matt Guitierrez - Michigan
Anthoney Martinez - Virginia
Ben Olson - BYU

Trying to find the top 11 QB's out of that many high school seniors doesn't always translate into greatness.

True. And after high school, Boones was ranked ahead of Roger Federer in tennis. So that further proves the point...

Jason White's Third Knee
8/20/2007, 05:47 PM
Yo, that is wack.

Sincerely,
Russell Simmons

goingoneight
8/21/2007, 01:09 AM
I love Texass.

Sincerely,
Richard Simmons

:eek:

Had the courtesy to take yer name outta the quote. :D

snp
8/21/2007, 03:02 AM
Can't be worse than Jackson. Stats say he was 3-14 against Oklahoma last year but we all know our fans had at least 6 receptions.

Rogue
8/21/2007, 07:17 PM
I remember a coach's kid that turned out pretty good here a few years back. He was from hickville by way of hickville if memory serves. Aberdeen SD by way of Snow JC.

Just sayin'.

goingoneight
8/21/2007, 08:17 PM
When did Ken Heupel coach the Sooners? :confused:

King Crimson
8/21/2007, 08:38 PM
you guys are amazing. believe what you wanna believe.

OK, let's make a list of all the people who have responded in this thread who have seen Cody Hawkins in person--or even on TV. and since the Elite 11 has no meaning next to the nepotism angle....let's just say seen him play at all:

1. me.
2. ?

do i think he'll struggle, oh yes. but i do think he's got a better than decent chance to be a very good college QB.

BoonesFarmSooner
8/21/2007, 08:59 PM
I remember a coach's kid that turned out pretty good here a few years back. He was from hickville by way of hickville if memory serves. Aberdeen SD by way of Snow JC.

Just sayin'.

I see your Josh Heupel and raise you one Rhett Bomar

usmc-sooner
8/21/2007, 09:04 PM

OK, let's make a list of all the people who have responded in this thread who have seen Cody Hawkins in person--or even on TV. and since the Elite 11 has no meaning next to the nepotism angle....let's just say seen him play at all:

1. me.
2. ?

do i think he'll struggle, oh yes. but i do think he's got a better than decent chance to be a very good college QB.

1. never seen him play
2. don't give a ****

CatfishSooner
8/21/2007, 09:05 PM

heh....:rolleyes: :D :pop:

Rogue
8/21/2007, 09:48 PM

:bsmf:

SoonerFah
8/21/2007, 10:08 PM
I did see him some on "Summer House", and he seemed like he was a pretty good athlete. He was also one of the smarter ones on there. I can see him being a pretty good quarterback in the future.

Jason White's Third Knee
8/22/2007, 08:12 AM

1. me.
2. ?

So, does that mean you are going to lean out over the bow of a boat and yell,"I'm KING OF THE WORLD!!!!!!" ?

King Crimson
8/22/2007, 08:45 AM
So, does that mean you are going to lean out over the bow of a boat and yell,"I'm KING OF THE WORLD!!!!!!" ?

yeah, pretty much.

but more, it's about how stupid people are that they will believe something they want to believe without any substantive knowledge about the subject at hand--this is a generalizable principle that most often manifests itself in political "thinking". but for our purpose, it's about football.

Cody Hawkins was a 4 star QB and Elite 11 participant. but, he can't be any good since we'd *rather* believe it's nepotism. did you see how bad Bernard Jackson was last year? People are surprised that Hawkins is named the starter over a JUCO?

naw, it's nepotism.

sanantoniosooner
8/22/2007, 08:53 AM
yeah, pretty much.

but more, it's about how stupid people are that they will believe something they want to believe without any substantive knowledge about the subject at hand--this is a generalizable principle that most often manifests itself in political "thinking". but for our purpose, it's about football.

Cody Hawkins was a 4 star QB and Elite 11 participant. but, he can't be any good since we'd *rather* believe it's nepotism. did you see how bad Bernard Jackson was last year? People are surprised that Hawkins is named the starter over a JUCO?

naw, it's nepotism.
Welcome to the message boards.

Our players are misunderstood. Theirs are thugs.
They got their butt kicked. Our opponent got lucky.
Their coach is arrogant. Our coach is sure of himself.
Their bad fans are typical. Our bad fans are their bad fans in disguise.
They are annoying when drunk. We are amusing when drunk.