PDA

View Full Version : Stoops shoud refuse to name a starter!

David Earl
8/20/2007, 07:55 AM
You people!

I have decided that Stoops should refuse to admit to the media he's picked a starter. He can pick his guy, tell the team and what not. Even start the guy. But every time the media asks he should give some coach speak answer and just refuse to admit he's selected a starter. Even if the guy wins all the games, wins the Heisman and throws for 80,000 yards in one season, Stoops should fiercely maintain the job is up for grabs.

So, is anybody a little surprised they haven't announced narrowing it down to two yet? I can think of a lot of reasons not to name a starter, and he may not even admit it by Sept 1. However, I expected the coaches to admit narrowing the race to two by now.

BASSooner
8/20/2007, 07:58 AM
Honestly, let's just name a starter and get this crap over with.

I mean following 2005, we didn't name a starter till what, several days before OUr first game? Look what happend. We need to pick one asap

OUDoc
8/20/2007, 08:09 AM
I think he should refuse to put a QB in our opening game. Never bothered Blake.

Widescreen
8/20/2007, 08:11 AM
Doh!

sanantoniosooner
8/20/2007, 08:12 AM

I mean following 2005, we didn't name a starter till what, several days before OUr first game? Look what happend. We need to pick one asap
That season stunk because we didn't name a starter early enough?

fadada1
8/20/2007, 08:33 AM

i didn't think 2005 happened.

David Earl
8/20/2007, 08:38 AM

The NCAA's face didn't happen!

NormanPride
8/20/2007, 10:21 AM
The NCAA's face didn't happen!

Sick burn...

TheUnnamedSooner
8/20/2007, 10:55 AM

Yeah, we played 4 games remember?

BASSooner
8/20/2007, 11:13 AM
That season stunk because we didn't name a starter early enough?
Not so much the season but more so the disorganized preparation of the QB position at the start. It cost us a game that we could've won.

Salt City Sooner
8/20/2007, 12:14 PM

When you look at who's playing against who in the scrimmages, IMO, they have. They just haven't come out & said it in public yet.

Miko
8/20/2007, 12:29 PM
We could take it a step further and announce that we are welcoming any student with eligability to an open tryout for starting QB.

swardboy
8/20/2007, 12:32 PM
You can't tell me that getting the majority of snaps isn't important for a starting qb two weeks out from the first game. I just hate the "we'll see how the first game goes" mentality. Give a guy a chance to be smooth and polished coach!!!!!

LosAngelesSooner
8/20/2007, 01:23 PM
You people!

I have decided that Stoops should refuse to admit to the media he's picked a starter. He can pick his guy, tell the team and what not. Even start the guy. But every time the media asks he should give some coach speak answer and just refuse to admit he's selected a starter. Even if the guy wins all the games, wins the Heisman and throws for 80,000 yards in one season, Stoops should fiercely maintain the job is up for grabs.

So, is anybody a little surprised they haven't announced narrowing it down to two yet? I can think of a lot of reasons not to name a starter, and he may not even admit it by Sept 1. However, I expected the coaches to admit narrowing the race to two by now.
I think you are a mad genius, sir...