PDA

View Full Version : Power outages are teh succ!

SoonerStormchaser
8/19/2007, 05:28 PM
So let's see...the power temporarily goes out three times yesterday. Then it takes a semi-permanent vacation at 5 this morning. I think OG&E finally had enough of my nagging calls, cause they saw it fit to restore my power about an hour ago...after all, only 2100 people in Norman lost their power, that's nothing to worry about :texan:

Anyone else have to go back to the stone age and light a few candles. I really didn't mind it...my wife did though. I guess getting ready for church and not being able to do your hair is a big deal. :D

King Crimson
8/19/2007, 05:33 PM
we had a couple (in Colorado) on Friday (City is digging a new steam pipe about 100 yeards from here, i suspect was the culprit)--and i wouldn't mind it too much minus the computer going dead while i'm working. my whole career and about 120g of music are on my hard drive and some back up discs....so it makes me a little uneasy when it goes black while i'm typing. and the fans going off, then it gets hot.

hurricane'bone
8/19/2007, 05:37 PM
we had a couple (in Colorado) on Friday (City is digging a new steam pipe about 100 yeards from here, i suspect was the culprit)--and i wouldn't mind it too much minus the computer going dead while i'm working. my whole career and about 120g of music are on my hard drive and some back up discs....so it makes me a little uneasy when it goes black while i'm typing. and the fans going off, then it gets hot.

If you're that worried about it buy a UPS

soonerboomer93
8/19/2007, 06:00 PM
my thoughts exactly :D

bluedogok
8/19/2007, 07:09 PM
I have 3 UPS-es, they were about $90.00 a piece at CompUSA. There is one for each desktop and the other for the big screen/DVR mainly for power protection but it is nice for the occasional power fluctuation.

King Crimson
8/19/2007, 07:14 PM
i'm actually not that worried about it, i just don't like it. weird things happen sometimes. and i don't want to re-load 100+gigs back on the computer. and by fans, i mean the ones that oscillate in my apartment.

proud gonzo
8/19/2007, 11:38 PM
my power was flickering all damn day yesterday. p*ssed me off.

olevetonahill
8/19/2007, 11:43 PM
my power was flickering all damn day yesterday. p*ssed me off.
I gots My Generator tuned up. Bring it storms !

yermom
8/19/2007, 11:44 PM
anyone with a computer should probably have a UPS

i think mine flickered, but i didn't notice

i really need one for my DVR, that's a good idea... i knew someone that used one for his alarm clock :D

Turd_Ferguson
8/19/2007, 11:44 PM
My trashcans got warshed down the damn street. I had to go get'm at 7 this a.m., that ****ed me off. But, back on the subject, it doesn't matter with me because my pos pc turns off whenever it damn well pleases. Ima bout ready to give it a re-boot with a size 12 redwing.

proud gonzo
8/19/2007, 11:45 PM
I gots My Generator tuned up. Bring it storms !my dad had a huge generator wired into his new house when he had it built. Ever since, he's been hoping for a big storm to knock out the power so he can test it out.

soonerboomer93
8/19/2007, 11:46 PM
In the states, the computer has 1 and the dvr, cable modem and router are in another one :D