PDA

View Full Version : college game plan on dish network

fadada1
8/19/2007, 03:21 PM
anyone bought it for this year, or had it in the past???

thinking of dropping the $120 just so i can see most of the big12 games. i'm stuck up here in big east/big10 country, and the idea of watching indiana and/or northwestern play each week makes me ill.

i'm just wondering if, by getting it, i'll be able to get the majority of our games that aren't national games, or if it's regional, i'll still be able to get it when i'm stuck watching the big marshall game.

any thoughts/suggestions/comments???

OUWxGuesser
8/19/2007, 03:31 PM
Had it last year... getting it again this year (in North Dakota). Also plan on picking up the extra FSN package ($5 more a month) if you don't have that. That covered me for every game except for maybe a non-conf opponent.

Just hope they don't pull some BS like they did to Nebraska up here. The NE/USC game last year was televised locally on ABC. Local ABC decided to air the local Div I-AA game with North Dakota State instead. Well guess what... if the game is on locally, gameplan blocks out the regional coverage so you can't watch it. I'm crossing my fingers that doesn't happen to an OU game up here.

fadada1
8/19/2007, 03:52 PM
can i block notre dame games????

:D

MI Sooner
8/19/2007, 03:55 PM
You also have to watch out for games preceding OU games running long. We had the Michigan game last year on ABC locally, and OU followed, but our affiliate carried something else. So I ordered the OU game.

The Michigan game ran long, but I figured that the OU game would still be shown on time on it's dedicated channel...

Nope.

I missed almost the entire first quarter while they showed Michigan running out the clock, all while Michigan was being shown on my local affiliate AND had a dedicated Gameplan channel besides the one showing the OU game.

I think they don't take the feed from the truck, but instead they take a feed from an affiliate showing the OU game. So they probably got the St. Louis feed, which showed OU, but first showed the conclusion of the Michigan game.

That said, it's still worth the price, although I buy it on an as needed basis. I hit sports bars for the Fox Sports games that aren't being shown locally (freakin Red Wings preseason games).

fadada1
8/19/2007, 04:06 PM
so you can buy single games?

Scott D
8/19/2007, 04:53 PM
no, you can buy single weeks for $20.

soonerboomer93
8/20/2007, 03:01 AM
Gameplan only covers ESPN/ABC games you will need the multisports package (that adds all the regional sports networks) to pick up games on FSSW (fox sports southwest)

Straz1999
8/20/2007, 06:52 AM
Had it last year... getting it again this year (in North Dakota). Also plan on picking up the extra FSN package ($5 more a month) if you don't have that. That covered me for every game except for maybe a non-conf opponent.

Just hope they don't pull some BS like they did to Nebraska up here. The NE/USC game last year was televised locally on ABC. Local ABC decided to air the local Div I-AA game with North Dakota State instead. Well guess what... if the game is on locally, gameplan blocks out the regional coverage so you can't watch it. I'm crossing my fingers that doesn't happen to an OU game up here.

Hey I'm from Grand Forks too, I'm gonna buy this as well because I'm sure as hell not gonna watch the sorry Sioux every weekend.

SoonerBorn68
8/20/2007, 09:59 AM
After seeing this thread, thank God I'm a townie. :D

Scott D
8/20/2007, 05:04 PM
Gameplan only covers ESPN/ABC games you will need the multisports package (that adds all the regional sports networks) to pick up games on FSSW (fox sports southwest)

well technically there are smaller local/regional outfits that get shown on Gameplan..like the Hawaii broadcast, and a few of the SEC teams as well.

soonerboomer93
8/20/2007, 07:05 PM
not that I ever saw when I worked at dish, but we normally had atleast 1 or 2 single game ppv's each saturday also, that were seperate from game plan

r5TPsooner
8/20/2007, 07:18 PM
anyone bought it for this year, or had it in the past???

thinking of dropping the $120 just so i can see most of the big12 games. i'm stuck up here in big east/big10 country, and the idea of watching indiana and/or northwestern play each week makes me ill.

i'm just wondering if, by getting it, i'll be able to get the majority of our games that aren't national games, or if it's regional, i'll still be able to get it when i'm stuck watching the big marshall game.

any thoughts/suggestions/comments???

If you live out of Big XII country and you love college football, do it! The only downside is if a game is running late that is on the same channel as the OU is. Other than that, a good investment for the college football fan.

I had it for six years and seeing all the Big XII games or big games that were out of market was always worry free.

Scott D
8/20/2007, 07:42 PM
well technically there are smaller local/regional outfits that get shown on Gameplan..like the Hawaii broadcast, and a few of the SEC teams as well.

Jefferson Pilot and Sunshine Network are the ones I was thinking of.