PDA

View Full Version : UFO and Air Force Types

SicEmBaylor
8/18/2007, 04:35 PM
They're having a UFO marathon on the History Channel again. They're making a big deal out of these objects violating Air Force air space thus, I suppose, providing evidence that the Air Force had nothing to do with it.

Well, I'm just taking a wild guess here but couldn't it be that the Air Force (or some other entity) is testing its blackest of black aircraft projects against our own systems.

That seems pretty likely to me. Any of you Air Force guys ever encounter a UFO?

My debate coach back in HS was a Colonel in the AF back in Vietnam and into the 80s...he was a fighter pilot in the war and then later got involved with these niche projects like trying to use fighters to destroy orbiting satellites and **** like that. I asked him about UFO's one day and he said he never saw anything but he had an ATC buddy who had some weird **** show up on his scope one night.

OUHOMER
8/18/2007, 05:43 PM
don't know if i believe or not

TheUnnamedSooner
9/5/2007, 09:46 AM
Well, if you can't identify it, no matter if it's the Air Force's or not, wouldn't it be a UFO to you?

usmc-sooner
9/5/2007, 10:23 AM
not Air Force guy but I've looked at the sky plenty, and I've never seen anything wierd. I've been on a lot of planes in a lot of places.

I also read a book about the Air Force and UFO's and it seems that people are so fixated on believing in UFO's and Aliens that the Air Force would use that as an excuse, for instance in the 70's or 80's they had a missle misfire and landed in a remote area in Montana, well the Air Force didn't want to come out and say they shot a missle into Montana so, they arrived and announced that they denied all accounts of alien spacecraft over Montana. The people took that and ran with a wild UFO story, instead of the more logical and realistic version of what really happened.

crawfish
9/5/2007, 10:33 AM
I saw this:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Phoenix_Lights

It was weird. I have no idea what it could have been. Didn't strike me as UFO material, though, until I read about it in the paper a few weeks later.

rufnek05
9/5/2007, 10:35 AM
i think i saw a UFO one night, or it could have been the moon.

SicEmBaylor
9/5/2007, 11:32 AM
I saw this:

It was weird. I have no idea what it could have been. Didn't strike me as UFO material, though, until I read about it in the paper a few weeks later.

I've only seen one really weird thing in the sky, but I never (and still do not) think of it as a UFO. It was something natural, but I have no clue in hell what it was.

I was driving down this empty road into town and I look to my left and I see a giant fireball in the sky coming to Earth. And when I say "giant" that's pretty relative since a meteor the size of a penny can light up the sky pretty well when it's coming in. I'm not real sure how big it was, but it looked like the size of a small car which in reality was probably the size of a chair or something. Anyway, this thing has flames coming out the back. It looks exactly like the asteroids you see in the movies crashing to Earth.

About that time, I drive behind a building that obstructs my view and when I get on the other side the thing is totally gone. It looked like it would have landed not too far away but of course there was no impact whatsoever. It juts vanished.

I wish I knew what the hell that was.

sooner_born_1960
9/5/2007, 11:35 AM
Are you sure you were driving into town? Was it overcast?

SicEmBaylor
9/5/2007, 11:38 AM
Are you sure you were driving into town? Was it overcast?
Yes to the first; no to the second. :D

olevetonahill
9/5/2007, 11:55 AM
i think i saw a UFO one night, or it could have been the moon.
I think it was the shrooms you had fer supper :D

crawfish
9/5/2007, 11:56 AM
I've only seen one really weird thing in the sky, but I never (and still do not) think of it as a UFO. It was something natural, but I have no clue in hell what it was.

I was driving down this empty road into town and I look to my left and I see a giant fireball in the sky coming to Earth. And when I say "giant" that's pretty relative since a meteor the size of a penny can light up the sky pretty well when it's coming in. I'm not real sure how big it was, but it looked like the size of a small car which in reality was probably the size of a chair or something. Anyway, this thing has flames coming out the back. It looks exactly like the asteroids you see in the movies crashing to Earth.

About that time, I drive behind a building that obstructs my view and when I get on the other side the thing is totally gone. It looked like it would have landed not too far away but of course there was no impact whatsoever. It juts vanished.

I wish I knew what the hell that was.

I was in an airplane flying into Phoenix Airport that night. I saw the lights out the window and had NO idea what they were. I thought at first they were radio towers - but they were far too high up for that. The website claims they were "slow-falling flares", but I watched for ten minutes and they barely moved.

<writer's embellishment> Suddenly, I was beamed out of the plane onto their spaceship. They secured me, face down, to an operating table and inserted a rectal probe. They probed and probed me, for what seemed like hours. Then they beamed me back onto the airplane where no time had elapsed, and none of the other passengers even noticed I was gone.

It was spectacular. </writer's embellishment>

Ike
9/5/2007, 12:17 PM
Why is it always the US government covering up UFOs? Surely there is some government on the planet, who, in the event of alien contact on their soil, would run to the news media.

Tulsa_Fireman
9/5/2007, 12:19 PM

I saw something exactly like your description once. Of all places, at Fair Meadows when I was workin' EMS at the track. Like a gigantic fireball, low on the horizon to the south. You could see the flames, crap flying off of it, the whole nine yards. Channel 6 had a blurb about it, but I don't rightfully remember what they said.

rufnek05
9/5/2007, 12:25 PM
I think it was the shrooms you had fer supper :D

i did order the hamburger and mushroom special from papa johns that night. who knows

rufnek05
9/5/2007, 12:30 PM
Why is it always the US government covering up UFOs? Surely there is some government on the planet, who, in the event of alien contact on their soil, would run to the news media.

because they don't want us to know there is life out there, man. Its a global government conspiracy man!!! If everyone in the world found out that aliens were real, then everyone would know start wearing tinfoil hats and then they couldn't read out minds, man!!!

Harry Beanbag
9/5/2007, 05:08 PM
I saw this:

I saw the Phoenix lights on the 4th of July in 1999, it was all over the news the next day. I was standing in my mom's backyard on the side of Shadow Mountain in north Phoenix watching fireworks when the "lights" flew right over our heads.....they were helicopters flying in formation.

Ike
9/5/2007, 05:34 PM
I was in an airplane once, and I kept seeing this weird light out my window. It followed us for the entire trip, keeping right on the wing of the plane.

It even landed on the same runway as our plane, but when I went to look for it after we pulled into the terminal, it was gone.

totally. weird.

;)

rufnek05
9/5/2007, 06:08 PM
I was in an airplane once, and I kept seeing this weird light out my window. It followed us for the entire trip, keeping right on the wing of the plane.

It even landed on the same runway as our plane, but when I went to look for it after we pulled into the terminal, it was gone.

totally. weird.

;)

i saw that too! we must have been on the same flight.

SicEmBaylor
9/5/2007, 06:10 PM
I feel that I'm being mocked.

rufnek05
9/5/2007, 06:10 PM
I feel that I'm being mocked.

no one would do that. there are just more of us that have seen UFOs than you thought.