PDA

View Full Version : In a fantasy world, what if...

achiro
8/17/2007, 09:41 AM
the pokes go to GA and smack them, not even close. If they run over GA and have a strong showing, are you a little more concerned about them?:pop:

XFollower
8/17/2007, 09:49 AM
You know drug usage is illegal right? Crack kills man, crack kills.

SwitzerFan
8/17/2007, 10:08 AM
Fantasy being the key word here. They will never be good at football. They will always be a joke.

Boomer.....
8/17/2007, 10:17 AM
Never fear the aggies!

The Maestro
8/17/2007, 10:20 AM
If I recall correctly, Georgia has sustained some close calls against lesser opponents in openers under Richt. Plus, I think OSU will throw everything at them...I see the Pokes as starting fast and the poor defense growing tired by the end of the year. Any injury to one of their big 3 and they have problems. By the time we play them I see them tripping across the finish line due to endurance of the season. They aren't that bad, though. I'm glad we get them in Norman...too close of a call up there last year.

OSUAggie
8/17/2007, 11:08 AM
the pokes go to GA and smack them, not even close. If they run over GA and have a strong showing, are you a little more concerned about them?:pop:

I'd lose all confidence in the team if they whip UGA. I'd predict something like a 5-7 season, losing all 7 games in "what the **** was that?" fashion.

Edmond Sooner
8/17/2007, 11:17 AM
...and if that happens I'll click my heels together three times and repeat "there's no place like home" three times and then cry out for Aunty Em to rouse me from my fever-induced slumber...

yermom
8/17/2007, 11:36 AM
Georgia probably should have lost to Colorado last year. have they really improved?

the pokes went out and pounded UCLA a couple of years ago and only completed like 2 passes. stranger things have happened :D

StuIsTheMan
8/17/2007, 11:38 AM
Georgia probably should have lost to Colorado last year. have they really improved?

the pokes went out and pounded UCLA a couple of years ago and only completed like 2 passes. stranger things have happened :D

Yeah...Like me being let back in here:D

OU4LIFE
8/17/2007, 11:44 AM
I hate the aggie's as much as the next guy, but I see this as a winnable game for them, if they can find some defense. If they do, it might not even be close.

critical_phil
8/17/2007, 12:10 PM

there's also a chance that Kate Beckinsale put my number on speed dial by keying in ten random numbers.

it could happen.

Kray
8/17/2007, 02:50 PM
I think they can beat Georgia, probably would beat Georgia at Stillwater, but until they prove they can compete on the road (much less win on the road) it's highly unlikely. They're talented, at least on offense, but mental toughness has always been the issue for them. Nothing I saw last season convinces me they've gotten road-tough.

colleyvillesooner
8/17/2007, 02:53 PM

To be fair he only threw 8. :D

They ran the ball 67 times that game.

TheUnnamedSooner
8/17/2007, 03:19 PM
Is this a pole?

If so, my answer is no.

Zing
8/17/2007, 05:28 PM
I like how we START with the premise of a fantasy world, and STILL have to speculate, while in that fantasy world, with a "what if." Just to get the pokes a win.

goingoneight
8/17/2007, 10:04 PM
If Bobby Reid had a career day, Bowman and Pettigrew split the damage at 200 a piece, Savage looked All-Pro and they scored 77 points...

... would UGA score 78?

It's all about the D for them... unless Bobby Reid vomits down his leg on the road like at Texas last year. I give this team more credit one the first game of the upset than any of (mo)Lester's teams, though.