PDA

View Full Version : Emmanual Moody

boomersooner28
8/16/2007, 10:32 PM
USC's stud RB is transferring. I'm hearing rumors that he may transfer to Stoolwater. Poke dreams I say, poke dreams.

:rolleyes:

goingoneight
8/16/2007, 10:54 PM
He'$ being recruited by Coach Picken$.

josh09
8/16/2007, 11:08 PM
This makes SUC look stupid for allowing him to be on SIs cover.

goingoneight
8/16/2007, 11:19 PM
Seriously, I was wondering that myself... I wonder if this is something major (like the kid being in trouble or SUC has their own Big Trojan Sports and Imports kinda thingy going on). The kid was used very little last year and though this stats weren't impressive, he's got a lot of talent. He runs just like DeMarco Murray, I think Murray's redshirt year taught him how to stay forward and not run backwards to try and make a play. Moody did a lot of cut backs against Arizona that were really cool, but he never really moved forward and eventually eleven guys caught up to him.

tulsaoilerfan
8/16/2007, 11:46 PM
I still can't figure out why anyone would want to play in Stoolwater

Boomerfreakinsooner
8/17/2007, 12:32 AM
Well I'm sorry to hear that. It's so sad to see these kids just throwing great opportunities away by making horrible decisions. I just hope he can get his head back on straight before he does something he can't take back.

Zing
8/17/2007, 12:55 AM
I still can't figure out why anyone would want to play in Stoolwater

To be a part of the MOST POWERFUL OFFENSE IN THE UNIVERSE!!! :stunned:

goingoneight
8/17/2007, 01:14 AM
It would be funny if the kid transferred to Arkansas for when McFadden leaves. :D

insuranceman_22
8/17/2007, 01:26 AM
It's one of two things:
1. He's in a some type of trouble with suc
2. He's not good enough to play
Hope it's the latter of the two....time will tell

BASSooner
8/17/2007, 01:28 AM
It's one of two things:
1. He's in a some type of trouble with suc
2. He's not good enough to play
Hope it's the latter of the two....time will tell
I'm sure it wasn't that. He was the 2nd leading rusher before he got injured.

He said that he didn't like the competitive style that USC played. He wants to go to a place where he can be a star

boomersooner28
8/17/2007, 01:30 AM
SUC has 10...yes 10 RB's on their roster. And most of those are all-american everythings coming out of high school. He is transferring due to playing time.

CincySooner
8/17/2007, 07:50 AM
The articles associated with his transfer read like he's struggling for playing time. You can find them on any of the sports websites.

OUDoc
8/17/2007, 08:10 AM
Maybe, just maybe (I'm dreaming here) the writing's on the wall for USC. Maybe there's a sense of impending NCAA doom on campus and the rats are jumping ship. See if anyone else bails out. Just hoping.

The_Red_Patriot
8/17/2007, 09:11 AM
USC has a stable of gret RBs. Moody probrably wants to be "the guy" so he is transferring to OSU.

Check out his youtube vids. Holy geeez this kid is good.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1z0JQX0sebU

trey
8/17/2007, 09:19 AM
Well I'm sorry to hear that. It's so sad to see these kids just throwing great opportunities away by making horrible decisions. I just hope he can get his head back on straight before he does something he can't take back.

What the hell are you talking about? He's leaving sc because he wants to be a feature back at another school.

soonerinabilene
8/17/2007, 09:28 AM
What the hell are you talking about? He's leaving sc because he wants to be a feature back at another school.

My guess is, and this is just a guess, that this is what english teachers call sarcasm. You see, I think he was saying this kid is making a huge mistake by going to losur. I, too, would think a kid was touched in the head a little to transfer from the #1 team in the country to stoolwater. Just a guess. And by the way, he wont be the feature back at osu. They have that savage guy, who would be a heisman candidate if it werent for reid and bowman being on his team, cuz you cant have 3 guys from the same team in nyc for the ceremony. That just wouldnt be fair to the other schools.

soonerinabilene
8/17/2007, 09:30 AM
Oh, and trey, the above post is dripping with sarcasm also.

SoonerRecon
8/17/2007, 10:16 AM
Oh, and trey, the above post is dripping with sarcasm also.

sarcasm on message boards, often used, rarely identified.

the real reason he is leaving, john david bootys father has stopped paying his rent, and he doesn't want to live in the dorms. boone has promised him the best housing money can buy in stoolwater. i'm guessing he's only the first of many transfers from suc

The Maestro
8/17/2007, 10:23 AM
usc actually has a lot of those running backs banged up. Moody got hurt and knew that was going to effect his playing time. Some guys want to be on winning teams and some guys want to get to carry the ball. His decision is no worse than Tashard Choice's and that has certainly worked out for Choice. OSU would not be a bad spot for Moody...probably start next year.

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
8/17/2007, 11:31 AM
usc actually has a lot of those running backs banged up. Moody got hurt and knew that was going to effect his playing time. Some guys want to be on winning teams and some guys want to get to carry the ball. His decision is no worse than Tashard Choice's and that has certainly worked out for Choice. OSU would not be a bad spot for Moody...probably start next year.Will he have 2, or 3 yrs. eligibility.

XFollower
8/17/2007, 11:56 AM
This is a post from a pokey state fan on foxsports.com...

"moody go to Tailback U... OSU!!!! GO Cowboys!!!!!!!"

Tailback U? Please help me with this logic?

The Maestro
8/17/2007, 11:57 AM
This is a post from a pokey state fan on foxsports.com...

"moody go to Tailback U... OSU!!!! GO Cowboys!!!!!!!"

Tailback U? Please help me with this logic?

Because 20 years ago they had a couple of good running backs.

Oh, and don't forget Nathan Simmons!

badger
8/17/2007, 12:07 PM
SUC has 10...yes 10 RB's on their roster. And most of those are all-american everythings coming out of high school. He is transferring due to playing time.
This is the problem top recruiting teams always face--- everybody wants to play there, they say "yes" to everyone and make promises they can't keep (kind of like the recruiting system in NCAA Football video game) and when you least expect it, they decide to transfer to your rival school.

Here's hoping he ends up in:
1- UCLA (fight fight fight!)
2- Cal (da bears.)
3- Stanford (although their band is still hateworthy)
4- Oregon (really, who cares, so long as he helps another team beat them!)
5- Arizona (talent for other-Stoops!)
6- NOT osu (Oregon State, sure, but not Oklahoma State)

As for someone asking why anyone would want to play in Stillwater, I think there are two words that sum it up... well, pick one:

1- Eminent domain. Whatever OSU doesn't have, we'll build on stolen land!
2- Athletic village. It's something Compton/USC won't ever be brave enough to build!

Scott D
8/17/2007, 01:39 PM
Will he have 2, or 3 yrs. eligibility.

seeing as how he played as a true freshman, he'd have to sit out this year regardless, so he'd have 3 years to play 3 years.

The kid was used very little last year and though this stats weren't impressive, he's got a lot of talent. He runs just like DeMarco Murray, I think Murray's redshirt year taught him how to stay forward and not run backwards to try and make a play. Moody did a lot of cut backs against Arizona that were really cool, but he never really moved forward and eventually eleven guys caught up to him.

He played in 9 of 13 games, carried the ball 79 times gained 459 yards scored 2 TDs and averaged 5.8 ypc. the four games he didn't play in were because he was injured. Keep in mind, the team's leading rusher who played all 13 games only had 744 yards rushing, Moody would have been the leading rusher on the team had he stayed healthy last year.

Scott D
8/17/2007, 01:40 PM
oh, and now supposedly we've expressed an interest in him as well.

silverwheels
8/17/2007, 01:42 PM
2- Cal (da bears.)

Heh. Not sure he'd be willing to sit out two years by transferring to a different school in-conference.

Playing at OSU means he would play in a good offense and be the premier back. He won't play for championships, which isn't what he wanted or he would have stayed at USC.

boomersooner28
8/17/2007, 01:42 PM
This is the problem top recruiting teams always face--- everybody wants to play there, they say "yes" to everyone and make promises they can't keep (kind of like the recruiting system in NCAA Football video game) and when you least expect it, they decide to transfer to your rival school.

2- Cal (da bears.)

As for someone asking why anyone would want to play in Stillwater, I think there are two words that sum it up... well, pick one:

1- Eminent domain. Whatever OSU doesn't have, we'll build on stolen land!
2- Athletic village. It's something Compton/USC won't ever be brave enough to build!

Well the problem with your hopes is that he is from Texas and wants to be closer to home. So, I don't think any Pac-10 school has a chance.

Kray
8/17/2007, 02:45 PM
Playing at OSU means he would play in a good offense and be the premier back. He won't play for championships, which isn't what he wanted or he would have stayed at USC.

Yah. I think he is making it a business decision more than anything else. OSU is a good spot for a tailback who wants to star and get attention without lots of competition for the starting spot. Someone said we've expressed an interest, but honestly, he'd face stiff competition for PT with us. Maybe not as much as he'd get at USC, but we're pretty solid in the RB department, too. At OSU, he would come in and perhaps have to split with Toston for a couple years, but he would have a much better chance to get big yardage, and be the Man there. My guess is that it's a business decision more than anything else.

snp
8/17/2007, 03:08 PM
Cross posting from the Box thread:

Why did you choose Texas? "God chose Texas for me. He wanted me to commit to Texas. That was just point blank. Texas was showing me a lot of love. At the same time, God also changes plans, but I'm all for Texas right now. In seven months, a lot can change. I'm going to visit USC. USC verbally offered me before I committed to Texas, and USC has always been on my mind."

Why did you commit early? "I've been praying about it. The closer I get with God, the more I can hear him and the more he talks to me. God chose Texas."

Most recruiting phone calls received in one day: Eight

Most recruiting letters in one day: 30

If I don't sign with Texas on Feb. 1, 2006, I would probably sign with: USC.

Is this Texas' year to compete for a national title? "Not yet. Once I get there. I'll be the X-factor."

Moody said he spends 30 minutes to an hour praying each morning. He said God gave him a vision when he was 13.

"He said I was going to make the NFL, and from there I'll have a lot of followers and then I'm going to open up my own church and a lot of people will listen," Moody said. "He's going to use me through football. He's going to put me in the NFL not to get rich or have fame but to do His works."

birddog
8/17/2007, 03:13 PM
that's cool he is able to be so close to wyatt sexton.

snp
8/17/2007, 03:13 PM
oh, and now supposedly we've expressed an interest in him as well.

Rivals retracted their thoughts that he was interested in OU. Typical. Those guys are so misleading.

starclassic tama
8/17/2007, 05:01 PM
sounds like a headcase

MojoRisen
8/17/2007, 07:50 PM
Suc has 9 parade all americans now- how ill responsible that is - no care for the kids and no loyalty to them either.

Scott D
8/17/2007, 08:50 PM
Rivals retracted their thoughts that he was interested in OU. Typical. Those guys are so predictable.

;)

I'd be interested to see if he's still interested in "The U" or if the lore of Butch Davis can lure him to Carolina.

birddog
8/17/2007, 09:33 PM
a running back would have to be crazy to knowingly sign with a program sporting 9 othere running backs. they must be getting some pretty decent benefits.