PDA

View Full Version : I accidently took Lortab today

ChickSoonerFan
8/16/2007, 09:41 PM
The last time I traveled, I put some different medicines all in one bottle, some Tylenol, Advil and I thought a couple of Lortab. When I went to take some medicine, I didn't find the Lortab, just a bunch of the Tylenol and other stuff. I thought I must have NOT put the Lortab in there. Fine.

Today I wake up with a headache and go look for some Tylenol. I find the "travel" bottle with the Tylenol still in it and take two of them.

I get to work and notice I am getting all itchy. I even say to one of the girls I work with that I must be having a reaction to something I ate or am wearing cause I am itchy and stuff.

I feel a bit out of it, a bit strange, but had a rough morning so I chalk it up to just still being effected by all that.

Then we have a training pow wow thing at 10:00am. I notice at first that I seem to be talking a lot in the training thing, so I stop talking. Then I notice that I am not talking at all.

Then I realize I am hungry, really hungry, that I didn't eat breakfast. Why would I have not had breakfast?

Then I notice I am sure licking my lips, like a lot.

Then I scratch my chest again.

Then it hits me.

I took Lortab. (one Lortab and one Tylenol)

After the meeting, I tell my manager. She bring me a banana.

I still have parts of my body that are itchy.

Lortab looks a lot like Tylenol.

jk the sooner fan
8/16/2007, 09:42 PM
the first step to recovery is admitting you have a problem ;)

r5TPsooner
8/16/2007, 09:42 PM
That's because there's Tylenol in it!

if you don't want them I'll take em. ;)

Viking Kitten
8/16/2007, 09:43 PM
Lortab. Benadryl. Try it.

It takes away the itch. And makes you real happy. Like deep down in your soul happy.

sanantoniosooner
8/16/2007, 09:45 PM
I once poured a bowl of white beans on my CFS because I didn't know Pistols hides the gravy underneath the steak.

rufnek05
at least you didn't start the day off with a bloody mary, then you day would have gotten really interesting really fast.

r5TPsooner
Lortab. Benadryl. Try it.

It takes away the itch. And makes you real happy. Like deep down in your soul happy.

That combo will put you in a "pretty" place. While your awake at least.

ChickSoonerFan
8/16/2007, 09:46 PM
Good thing I only took one Lortab. Two would knock me out.

The wine seems to be helping with the itch.

And yes, I have a problem, I admit it!!! I should have put my glasses on!!

I came home and checked for the other Lortab in the bottle. Found it. One of the tablets is scored. The Tylenol is not. That is about the only difference.

GottaHavePride
8/16/2007, 09:51 PM
That combo will put you in a "pretty" place. While your awake at least.

I jus don't get all the "Benadryl will put you to sleep" people. Benadryl doesn't even put a dent in my allergies, and it doens't even come CLOSE to making me drowsy. I'm on Allegra every day and I still have a couple of itchy spots.

ChickSoonerFan
8/16/2007, 09:54 PM
Benadryl makes me sleepy, but makes my little one just the opposite.

Maybe she gets so tired that she starts trying to fight the sleepiness, she is all over the place. Or maybe it is just all the sugar in the children's benadryl that makes her hyper.

GottaHavePride
8/16/2007, 09:56 PM
Heh. could be. That's how Ritalin works. It's actually a stimulant. theory is that ADD kids are ADD because their brains are under-stimulated and the ADD is trying to bring them up to "normal". The ritalin kicks them into overdrive and their brain doesn't have to be all spazzy overactive, so they can focus like normal kids.

Soonerus
8/16/2007, 09:56 PM
That's your story and you are sticking to it...

ChickSoonerFan
8/16/2007, 10:01 PM
Heh. could be. That's how Ritalin works. It's actually a stimulant. theory is that ADD kids are ADD because their brains are under-stimulated and the ADD is trying to bring them up to "normal". The ritalin kicks them into overdrive and their brain doesn't have to be all spazzy overactive, so they can focus like normal kids.

Exactly. I completely agree with that.

I think.

my ears feel hot.

bluedogok
8/16/2007, 10:04 PM
I jus don't get all the "Benadryl will put you to sleep" people. Benadryl doesn't even put a dent in my allergies, and it doens't even come CLOSE to making me drowsy. I'm on Allegra every day and I still have a couple of itchy spots.
One Benadryl would knock my old roommate out for 12 hours and he was around the size size as me back then (6'-2" 225 lbs.) and he woke up with a Benadryl hangover for the rest of the day. My wife gets sleepy and has a hangover from it as well. It just affects people differently, it will help me sleep if I am already tired but in normal use it doesn't bother me.

It still works better for me than the prescription drugs (Claritin, Allegra, Zyrtec), those would work for a while and then quit doing anything. I take Aleve Cold/Sinus, the extended release pseudophedrine seems to work the nest for me.

SicEmBaylor
8/16/2007, 10:09 PM
Ultram is what does it for me. The **** doesn't do a thing to get rid of my headache or my damned ankle that I twisted, but it does give me a sense of "euphoria" and "well-being." I imagine that it's something like what it would feel like to be high on pot. I have a tremendous sense of well being, love, and optimism.

jk the sooner fan
8/16/2007, 10:10 PM
ditto on the ultram

OUinFLA
8/16/2007, 10:10 PM
Exactly. I completely agree with that.

I think.

my ears feel hot.

how YOU doin?

Viking Kitten
8/16/2007, 10:12 PM
...the extended release pseudophedrine seems to work the nest for me.

And if you have enough, you can whip up a tasty batch of meth... right in your own kitchen! That's even better than Lortab!

olevetonahill
8/16/2007, 10:12 PM
Your Bra is making you itch ,
Take it off then post pics !

proud gonzo
8/16/2007, 10:13 PM
One Benadryl would knock my old roommate out for 12 hours and he was around the size size as me back then (6'-2" 225 lbs.) and he woke up with a Benadryl hangover for the rest of the day. My wife gets sleepy and has a hangover from it as well. It just affects people differently, it will help me sleep if I am already tired but in normal use it doesn't bother me.

It still works better for me than the prescription drugs (Claritin, Allegra, Zyrtec), those would work for a while and then quit doing anything. I take Aleve Cold/Sinus, the extended release pseudophedrine seems to work the nest for me.really? that's weird. and last spring when i had my really bad allergic reactions, i had already taken an allegra that morning and then i took probably 4 benadryl tablets, drove to the doctor's office, waited around until they could see me, drove to walgreens, waited for them to fill my prescription, and drove myself home before I started getting drowsy at all. and I'm about 5'7" 105 lbs.

ChickSoonerFan
8/16/2007, 10:14 PM
I had Ultram once and didn't know it either!!

OMG...I DO HAVE A PROBLEM!!!!! :eek:

It did the same thing, made me all itchy and I was still in pain I just didn't give a crap that I was still in pain.

jk the sooner fan
8/16/2007, 10:14 PM
if it makes you itchy, thats normally an allergic reaction

isnt it?

Soonerus
8/16/2007, 10:15 PM
Your Bra is making you itch ,
Take it off then post pics !

Awesome....

olevetonahill
8/16/2007, 10:15 PM
really? that's weird. and last spring when i had my really bad allergic reactions, i had already taken an allegra that morning and then i took probably 4 benadryl tablets, drove to the doctor's office, waited around until they could see me, drove to walgreens, waited for them to fill my prescription, and drove myself home before I started getting drowsy at all. and I'm about 5'7" 105 lbs.
You Fatass :P

ChickSoonerFan
8/16/2007, 10:16 PM

isnt it?

probably...what's your point?

;)

Sooner Born Sooner Bred
8/16/2007, 10:17 PM
I think I am going to go "accidently" take some oxycotin before bed.

ChickSoonerFan

isnt it?

THAT'S why VK told me to take the Benadryl.

For the allergic reaction.

Right.

soonerbrat
The last time I traveled, I put some different medicines all in one bottle, some Tylenol, Advil and I thought a couple of Lortab. When I went to take some medicine, I didn't find the Lortab, just a bunch of the Tylenol and other stuff. I thought I must have NOT put the Lortab in there. Fine.

Today I wake up with a headache and go look for some Tylenol. I find the "travel" bottle with the Tylenol still in it and take two of them.

I get to work and notice I am getting all itchy. I even say to one of the girls I work with that I must be having a reaction to something I ate or am wearing cause I am itchy and stuff.

I feel a bit out of it, a bit strange, but had a rough morning so I chalk it up to just still being effected by all that.

Then we have a training pow wow thing at 10:00am. I notice at first that I seem to be talking a lot in the training thing, so I stop talking. Then I notice that I am not talking at all.

Then I realize I am hungry, really hungry, that I didn't eat breakfast. Why would I have not had breakfast?

Then I notice I am sure licking my lips, like a lot.

Then I scratch my chest again.

Then it hits me.

I took Lortab. (one Lortab and one Tylenol)

After the meeting, I tell my manager. She bring me a banana.

I still have parts of my body that are itchy.

Lortab looks a lot like Tylenol.

I can help you out. Bring me the Lortab, and I'll keep it out of your reach.

ChickSoonerFan
8/16/2007, 10:18 PM
I can help you out. Bring me the Lortab, and I'll keep it out of your reach.

Is this you being bored

or

ornery?

:twinkies:

IB4OU2
8/16/2007, 10:19 PM
Weird, I confused my Oxycodone with my Hydrocodone today and I interviewed 3 potentential newemployees to replace my administrative assistant today and I really liked them all....:)

Viking Kitten
8/16/2007, 10:19 PM
THAT'S why VK told me to take the Benadryl.

For the allergic reaction.

Right.

Of course that's why. I would never, ever suggest someone take pain medication recreationally. Never.

Unless they offered to share.

Viking Kitten
8/16/2007, 10:21 PM
Weird, I confused my Oxycodone with my Hydrocodone today and I interviewed 3 potentential newemployees to replace my administrative assistant today and I really liked them all....:)

Wait, you liked all the interviewees or all the pain meds? I'm confused.

Soonerus
8/16/2007, 10:21 PM
Of course that's why. I would never, ever suggest someone take pain medication recreationally. Never.

There u go....

soonerbrat
8/16/2007, 10:22 PM
Is this you being bored

or

ornery?

BOTH

ChickSoonerFan
8/16/2007, 10:23 PM

Did I forget to offer to share????

Oh my, excuse my manners. I have plenty to share with everyone.

:D

not really, sorry guys, if I did, I would, promise. cross my heart. seriously. maybe.

olevetonahill
8/16/2007, 10:23 PM
Is this you being bored

or

Horney?

Had to do it :P

IB4OU2
8/16/2007, 10:24 PM
Wait, you liked all the interviewees or all the pain meds? I'm confused.

Yes...(both) :D

soonerbrat
8/16/2007, 10:24 PM
Had to do it :P

well they aren't mutually exclusive

ChickSoonerFan
8/16/2007, 10:25 PM
I think I am going to go "accidently" take some oxycotin before bed.

Now you're getting the hang of it.

olevetonahill
8/16/2007, 10:27 PM
well they aren't mutually exclusive
Dont one lead to the other ?

soonerbrat
8/16/2007, 10:30 PM
Dont one lead to the other ?

something like that

olevetonahill
8/16/2007, 11:03 PM
something like that
When Ya want to relieve the Boredom ? ;)