PDA

View Full Version : OU / tx start time?

ItsZep
8/16/2007, 03:12 PM
I have seen on several ticket broker sites the start time for
OU/tx listed as 7PM.

I have also heard there has never been a OU/tx night game.

Does anyone have any information on kickoff times that are being considered?

Also any idea of when will the exact kickoff time for OU/tx will be decided?

Thanks for any info.

BEAT TEXAS!

85sooners
8/16/2007, 03:16 PM
Hook 'em Hook 'em

SoonerinBoulder
8/16/2007, 03:20 PM
The OU/Tex game will not be a night game. Never has been, never will be so long as it is still at the texas state fair. This is what each athletic department says at least.

edit: also, the official start time has not yet been released.

illinisooner
8/16/2007, 03:21 PM
I have seen on several ticket broker sites the start time for
OU/tx listed as 7PM.

I have also heard there has never been a OU/tx night game.

Does anyone have any information on kickoff times that are being considered?

Also any idea of when will the exact kickoff time for OU/tx will be decided?

Thanks for any info.

BEAT TEXAS!

ABC wanted the start time at 7 PM last year as well, but both AD's nixed the idea. So I'm guessing they'll do the same again this year to try and make their Saturday night game something really special. Odds are it will be an 11 AM or 2:30 PM start. I'd personally prefer 2:30, as it leaves ample to time to shake off Friday night in the West End and enough time to get to the fair.

snp
8/16/2007, 03:24 PM
11am start times should be for the non-BCS schools.

BermudaSooner
8/16/2007, 03:30 PM
Florida at LSU is on at night. I doubt they put us opposite that game.

MextheBulldog
8/16/2007, 03:33 PM
Neither university nor the City of Dallas wants to deal with a postgame OU ut crowd that's been boozing it up all day. But seeing those state fair lights at night behind the stadium would be a nice visual.

Norman Sooner
8/16/2007, 03:34 PM
I personally dont want to be walking back to my car at 10:30 in that area..Im not so sure my car would be where i parked it anyways...

goingoneight
8/16/2007, 03:43 PM
Stick with tradition... keep 'er sometime in the middle of the day. I usually like night games, but not this one.

schlanker
8/16/2007, 03:59 PM
It has nothing to do w tradition or drunk fans from the schools. It has everything to do with the game being in fair park and robbing people is easier at night. It is just not a good time to be around the citizens of sunny south dallas.

ultimatesooner1
8/16/2007, 04:09 PM
I've been to concerts down there, its not a scary as everyone tries to make you believe

Collier11
8/16/2007, 04:14 PM
I would love 7pm, schools all over the country do it in big games so why cant we? You all need to quit being babies, that would be the most amazing atmosphere ever! Two top 10 teams, the only game on for a national audience, wow!!! I might now remember much cus I will be so drunk, but that is not the point here ;)

snp
8/16/2007, 04:21 PM
You are not going to get mugged when you're walking out with 75,000 people. There will be more cops. You can take a shuttle or a taxi. Etc etc. These people that are afraid of the area need to spend some more time in a big city.

You will be more drunk and powerful than ever so even if you are jumped you can use your superhuman strength to diffuse the situation.

Collier11
8/16/2007, 04:37 PM
You are not going to get mugged when you're walking out with 75,000 people. There will be more cops. You can take a shuttle or a taxi. Etc etc. These people that are afraid of the area need to spend some more time in a big city.

You will be more drunk and powerful than ever so even if you are jumped you can use your superhuman strength to diffuse the situation.

Well Said!!!!

AlabamaSooner
8/16/2007, 04:37 PM

I agree. A lot of people get real scared, but it's not a huge deal. The term "safety in numbers" comes to mind. Will one or two thugs want to pick off people out of thousands walking around? I think not. Just don't go into alleys. ;)

Collier11
8/16/2007, 04:45 PM
were not playing ok state, these people arent that stupid

TexasLidig8r
8/16/2007, 04:55 PM
Georgia at Tennessee is confirmed for a 2:30 kick on CBS that day.

Florida at LSU is confirmed for 7:00 on CBS that night.

Notre Dame is at UCLA confirmed for 7:00 that night on ABC.

I would think the good people at ABC/ESPN (even though they hate OU and are involved in this evil conspiracy to drag down OU's football program), will want as strong a game as possible to lead into that night's Irish/UCLA game which has to go head to head with LSU and the defending champs.

You can almost count on Texas - OU being at 2:30 with game day at Baton Rouge.

ItsZep
8/16/2007, 06:03 PM
I guess like a 5PM start with it getting dark what about 8:45pm would not work? That messes up the schedule? What time does it get dark in early Oct?
I think a game late in the day that ends right before dark might be kind of cool. A night game would be really cool, but I think the AD's also think about people driving back to Norman/Austin and getting home so late may be a factor as well.

utex74
8/16/2007, 06:29 PM
That game will never be at night. Can you imagine the carnage and body count?

goingoneight
8/16/2007, 10:58 PM
That game will never be at night. Can you imagine the carnage and body count?

Simple solution: you guys lose every year and there will be not rioting... errr... celebrating in the streets. :D

josh09
8/16/2007, 11:02 PM
Simple solution: you guys lose every year and there will be not rioting... errr... celebrating in the streets. :D

lol :D

XingTheRubicon
8/16/2007, 11:11 PM
The midway at the fair would look like Gettysburg by 11PM.

John Kochtoston
8/17/2007, 12:29 AM
Georgia at Tennessee is confirmed for a 2:30 kick on CBS that day.

Florida at LSU is confirmed for 7:00 on CBS that night.

Notre Dame is at UCLA confirmed for 7:00 that night on ABC.

I would think the good people at ABC/ESPN (even though they hate OU and are involved in this evil conspiracy to drag down OU's football program), will want as strong a game as possible to lead into that night's Irish/UCLA game which has to go head to head with LSU and the defending champs.

You can almost count on Texas - OU being at 2:30 with game day at Baton Rouge.

I was under the impression that ABC was keeping the 2:30 slot for regional games, and 11 a.m. for national, or mostly national games. If the good guys and bad guys are both undefeated headed into the CB, I would think that ABC would want this as an 11 a.m. national game, unfortunately. My understanding of ABC could be wrong, though.

insuranceman_22
8/17/2007, 01:34 AM
I really don't think anybody understands ABC

batonrougesooner
8/17/2007, 01:40 AM
If you can safely play the Sugar Bowl at night in New Orleans I doubt there would be any problem with playing this game at night at fair park. Don't people go to the fair at night?

The safety thing is blown way out of proportion.

SoonerRecon
8/17/2007, 10:34 AM
If you can safely play the Sugar Bowl at night in New Orleans I doubt there would be any problem with playing this game at night at fair park. Don't people go to the fair at night?

The safety thing is blown way out of proportion.

safety and New Orleans don't belong in the same paragraph. try taking a shortcut at nite down a sidestreet, it'll make your butthole pucker up.

htownsooner7
8/17/2007, 11:01 AM
Collegefootballnews.com has the game listed at 2:30.

The Maestro
8/17/2007, 11:12 AM
If they can play ANY night game at Cuba State they can play OU-texas at night. If you are too scared, sell me your ticket.